News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

altered

Quote from: Cain on May 31, 2020, 06:05:29 PM

Can't really say so, no. Well, I guess the literally everyone I know and give half a fuck about part is a first.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on May 31, 2020, 06:05:29 PM

Cain, you know very well that a library card is a weapon of mass destruction

we would all be much free-er if you cut that damn thing up and then do a freedom jig

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on May 31, 2020, 06:01:03 PM
I'm officially a terrorist now, folks. In fact, everyone here on this forum in the US is officially a terrorist now. Everyone I know and love is a terrorist now.

It's been declared by Diarrhea Emperor Trump to be so.

I guess if you're a racist plutocrat, antifa invokes terror.
Molon Lube

Bruno

I've got Antifa listed as my employer on my Facebook profile.

See you in Guantanamo!
Formerly something else...

LMNO

So, in order to be a supporter of liberty and freedom in the USA, you have to *checks notes* not be against fascism.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO on May 31, 2020, 09:53:45 PM
So, in order to be a supporter of liberty and freedom in the USA, you have to *checks notes* not be against fascism.

More like in order to not be subject to FISA warrants you must not have the intentionally poorly defined "antifa" label applied to you by any means nor be demonstrably aiding of and/or in regular communication with such.

Quote[FISA] requires that surveillance be conducted pursuant to warrants based on probable cause to believe that the target of surveillance is a terrorist, when the desperate need is to find out who is a terrorist."
Effective: October 25, 1978
Enacted by: the 95th United States Congress

The "red hat" folks in the military, intelligence, and law enforcement communities at least nominally loyal to Trump just got a free pass to doxx and even SWAT undesirable citizens all the way to a domestic black site, indefinitely, with no legal representation or recourse, and National Security pretext to keep it on the DL officially.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

I think my quip has a better rhythm.

Suu

This is more fun than the one time I got on ISIS's kill list.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

The protests are already well past the point where most protests (even widespread ones) get in the US, and there doesn't seem to be much sign of them slowing down. In fact tonight is the first night that I've heard constant sirens (it's only 9PM right now) and seen helicopters, so based on my admittedly limited and anecdotal evidence, it seems like the protests are spreading, not shrinking. It's also clear based on statements from law enforcement and government officials that state governments are just about at the limit of their patience. Problem is, if the protesters don't pack it up and go home on their own, and especially if the protests stay as intense as they are or get even moreso, there's really only one way to force the cat back into the bag (hint: it's a Schrodinger's kind of bag except without any mystery).

I am assuming that at some point in the next few days, law enforcement will actually succeed in stamping out most of the public demonstrations (jury's still out on just how bloody that will be but my money isn't on "not at all"). The real question after a widespread uprising like this is how governments will go about ensuring there are no recurrences. Given that the people the government actually listens to have already made it clear that they're not very keen on state-enforced measures to keep public activity to a minimum, I'd expect the emphasis to be on flagrant and more or less open racial profiling and over-policing of low-income areas.

What I don't know is how likely it is that such tactics will inspire more ... creative protests. I tend to think the level of anger and frustration out there is probably not going to drive a lot of people to just flat-out throw large masses of themselves at live rounds. But is there the will, the expertise, and the opportunity for a more underground and long-term insurgent type of movement? Are we looking at, effectively, a police state situation focused on minorities (I mean, even more than usual, which is already a lot), and are people getting to the point of organizing any kind of direct action against that?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

minuspace

Sun's still out here and the whole city's technically 'under' curfew.

Bruno

We had a peaceful protest on our quaint little square today in Murfreesboro. As soon as it was over, the mayor declared a curfew, and local state of emergency. Within 30 minutes, local police were lobbing tear gas, rubber bullets and flash bangs at anybody still outside chanting slogans.

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2020/05/31/murfreesboro-protest-george-floyd-tear-gas-curfew/5303260002/?fbclid=IwAR1jMJjvvmLQ-D8SYCTS-sqY7zIBPK3Qddz-Xa8j3E3j-wyNRerVrdL2rzA
Formerly something else...

altered

NYPD is doxxing the family members of elected officials now.

And I've seen some shit. Cops are truly vile, scum fuck creatures. Point blank canister launches at people's faces, to the point their clothes and hair visibly catch fire from the muzzle flare. Beating the fuck out of old people with canes. Rubber bullets to the eyes.

This is only going to get worse. Minnesota is authorized for live fire.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: altered on June 01, 2020, 05:33:11 AM
NYPD is doxxing the family members of elected officials now.

And I've seen some shit. Cops are truly vile, scum fuck creatures. Point blank canister launches at people's faces, to the point their clothes and hair visibly catch fire from the muzzle flare. Beating the fuck out of old people with canes. Rubber bullets to the eyes.

This is only going to get worse. Minnesota is authorized for live fire.

In South America, in recent protests, a whole bunch of people were made blind due to deliberate aiming of rubber bullets to the eyes, its the new dirty trend.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Quote from: altered on May 31, 2020, 06:24:13 PM
Well, I guess the literally everyone I know and give half a fuck about part is a first.

Fortunately, the barrier to actually making something a legal terrorist organisation is actually quite high. Despite what Trump thinks, he simply cannot go on Twitter and declare it so.

Especially since domestic terrorism is not a recognised term in the US legal system. He can only designate foreign terrorist organisations as such, and that is where the stricter definitions come into play.

Not that this will stop yahoos in police departments acting like antifascist groups are domestic terrorists. But the FBI, for example, bases criminal investigations (mostly) on criminal activity, not definitions, and that activity is still by far led by the far-right and then by Islamist groups. There will be no legal basis for the military to hold them, nor for intelligence leads to based off communications between activists.

So this is just another cynical stunt, another election ploy, another cry from the Boy Who Would Be Emperor about how everyone who opposes him are terrible.