News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

We really need to push that this is NOT martial law.

Martial law means that Habeas Corpus is suspended, and military law usurps civilian law. Honestly, that would be an improvement, the Army isn't allowed to kneel on necks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

altered

Sorry.

I could make and want to make a whole bunch of fucking excuses for this, but that would be stupid. All I will say is that I have friends in every single city this shit is happening in and many of them are not in communication and haven't been for over a day.

I'm not thinking with my brain. I'm just panicking.

When that happens, I'm wrong a lot and want to justify it when it's pointed out. But I'm still wrong.

Sorry.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Junkenstein

Tear gas protestors so the glowing gibbon can walk to church.

Exactly like jesus said to do.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

Quote from: The Johnny on June 01, 2020, 08:51:29 AM
Quote from: altered on June 01, 2020, 05:33:11 AM
NYPD is doxxing the family members of elected officials now.

And I've seen some shit. Cops are truly vile, scum fuck creatures. Point blank canister launches at people's faces, to the point their clothes and hair visibly catch fire from the muzzle flare. Beating the fuck out of old people with canes. Rubber bullets to the eyes.

This is only going to get worse. Minnesota is authorized for live fire.

In South America, in recent protests, a whole bunch of people were made blind due to deliberate aiming of rubber bullets to the eyes, its the new dirty trend.

a photographer lost one of her eyes from a rubber bullet in minneapolis. police allegedly were targeting media. she went to twitter to tell people using her injury as a reason to stop protesting to fuck off.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/i-am-permanently-blind-in-my-left-eye-police-target-reporters-covering-george-floyd-protests/
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/george-floyd-protests-photographer-blinded-in-one-eye-as-police-target-media-wh8bxvwpg

Freeky

by the way everyone, gov. douchey and phoenix cops seems to be helping to hide the murder of one Dion Johnson, who was killed by state troopers while sleeping in his own car last monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/phoenix-braces-for-another-night-of-protests-over-deaths-of-george-floyd-dion-johnson/ar-BB14MDrK
https://www.newsweek.com/arizona-governor-implementing-statewide-7-day-curfew-amid-protests-george-floyd-dion-johnson-1507700

tucson mayor is extremely annoyed at her and chief magnus learning about the curfew via fuckin twitter. their support of the curfew is tepid at best.

https://www.kold.com/2020/06/01/tucson-leaders-police-work-quickly-enforce-curfew-vigil-rescheduled-hour-earlier/

cops trying to enter premises in DC where homeowners were sheltering protesters that had been cornered by cops so they could gas and mace them easier.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA6qR4dFI9i/

Bruno

Yesterday, at 6:40 PM, our Mayor declared a curfew (and local state of emergency) which started at 6:30pm, and which was not announced until 8:30pm.

Here is an account of the event that set this off:

QuoteI would like to be very clear with everyone about what happened at Whiskey Dix.

The window was NOT broken by rioters or protesters. It was 2 white power idiots that came up to me, Cory, and 2 other guys, JUST to take advantage of the way our city is and try to start shit.

We did not retaliate, we told them be on their way.

One of them did not like the way we were so calm, so they rounded the corner to the side of the building we weren't on, and smashed a window.

Other than that, everyone was very peaceful and we spoke with a ton of people, including police.
Formerly something else...

Freeky

Quote from: Bruno on June 02, 2020, 09:51:12 AM
Yesterday, at 6:40 PM, our Mayor declared a curfew (and local state of emergency) which started at 6:30pm, and which was not announced until 8:30pm.

Here is an account of the event that set this off:

QuoteI would like to be very clear with everyone about what happened at Whiskey Dix.

The window was NOT broken by rioters or protesters. It was 2 white power idiots that came up to me, Cory, and 2 other guys, JUST to take advantage of the way our city is and try to start shit.

We did not retaliate, we told them be on their way.

One of them did not like the way we were so calm, so they rounded the corner to the side of the building we weren't on, and smashed a window.

Other than that, everyone was very peaceful and we spoke with a ton of people, including police.

that's some bullshit, as far as "local state of emergencies" go.

Bruno

Yeah, our local police got some armored vehicles a few years ago and are totally bummed that they never get to play with them except during the Christmas parade, so they got a little too frisky Sunday when some protesters blocked an intersection, and were more than happy to accommodate a couple a Nazis trying to cause trouble.

I mean, they gassed the people who were stuck at the intersection right along with the protesters, so I'm sure they were totally stoked about that.
Formerly something else...

Freeky

probably! i know tpd used to be so happy to break out their tank, bless their hearts.

although, for Some Reason, i can't find any news reports of the last time they did, even though i distinctly remember it happening. Color Me Surprised!

Cramulus

Super interesting thread - data-based analysis of methods to decrease police violence.

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/1180655701271732224

Freeky

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/richmond-california-murder-rate-gun-death/ a very interesting program, but lacking hard data because it was like five ex-felons and one not ex-felon running it

eta, the chris magnus quoted in the above article is the same chris magnus as is TPD's chief of police now. i read the wikipedia article on him, and while there's certainly problematic things from him career in richmond, namely a lot of accusations of racism from other cops who worked under him, aside from that i would cautiously say he seems like an okay police officer and chief

Freeky

in fact, one of the articles that's linked to about things that cut down on police violence, the first one with the list of cities? tucson is one of two out of a hundred with all the restrictive policies mentioned adopted.

further eta: magnus came to tucson in 2016, which according to the highlighter is when the policies were changed

Juana

So an odd pattern Altered and I noticed emerged on Twitter last night.

There'd be about an hour of mostly silence on p much all the hashtags and then a spurt of information. There were three streams last night in DC and then only one by about 10p my time aaaand everything that came out was about the helicopters. No one had any idea what happened to the Philly protestors after they got kettled somewhere until this morning - the only thing *consistently* available was about the explosions, which were apparently people blowing up ATMs and there were no police scanners available to listen to anywhere in Philly (I checked). More or less the same in a lot of other cities.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Quote from: Juana on June 02, 2020, 03:23:41 PM
So an odd pattern Altered and I noticed emerged on Twitter last night.

There'd be about an hour of mostly silence on p much all the hashtags and then a spurt of information. There were three streams last night in DC and then only one by about 10p my time aaaand everything that came out was about the helicopters. No one had any idea what happened to the Philly protestors after they got kettled somewhere until this morning - the only thing *consistently* available was about the explosions, which were apparently people blowing up ATMs and there were no police scanners available to listen to anywhere in Philly (I checked). More or less the same in a lot of other cities.

a discord friend of mine was scouring the internet for DC footage, since they're super close. they had very similar findings, and also saw that twitter was deleting some things. didn't see for myself, but i've known them for a long ass while and they're not the liar liar hyperventilater for hire type. they found some footage posted to instagram finally.

Juana

Pango said something similar.

Also, here's the SLCPD snitch line and they're soliciting videos of protestors. Or would be a terrible shame if we...misused them to anonymously upload bullshit
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."