PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Juana on June 02, 2020, 06:08:40 PM
Pango said something similar.

Also, here's the SLCPD snitch line and they're soliciting videos of protestors. Or would be a terrible shame if we...misused them to anonymously upload bullshit

Nothing anonymous about the uploading. Check it out: it wants to eat more of your PII than Facebook in an election year. People have been warning against using those tip uploaders for that reason.

The Dallas one was funny, at least, and no one really wants the insane KPop fuckers anyway.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Juana on June 02, 2020, 06:08:40 PM
Pango said something similar.

Also, here's the SLCPD snitch line and they're soliciting videos of protestors. Or would be a terrible shame if we...misused them to anonymously upload bullshit

The obvious answer is send videos of police. They're protesting an unlawful killing after all.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

there's footage of cops, in full riot gear no less, protesting the murders by smashing cop cars floating around somewhere from this morning. or so i have heard, edit because i'm a sourceless bitch.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Freeky on June 02, 2020, 07:24:25 PM
there's footage of cops, in full riot gear no less, protesting the murders by smashing cop cars floating around somewhere from this morning. or so i have heard, edit because i'm a sourceless bitch.

There's plenty of cops doing property damage, but they're not protesting shit. They're intentionally making a bad situation worse by instigating violence to give themselves and excuse to use excessive force. There's also footage of cops delivering pallets of bricks to planned protest sites to encourage protesters to throw them, for the same reason. Absolutely zero people wearing a badge (or hiding it under plain clothes) are your friends. There are no exceptions. All cops are shit-eating pigs who deserve everything bad in life.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 02, 2020, 03:40:31 AM
Yeah, true, it's not literally martial law.

But functionally... I can't see him taking any "thanks but no thanks" responses with anything but outrage. And he tends to trample things he doesn't like, and we've seen there's no pushback whatsoever from the political establishment, so.

And yeah, technically you have rights under martial law. But functionally, this dipshit is going to harangue people already chomping at the bit to kill motherfuckers into doing what they already want to do.

Also, I have first hand (me I'm the hand that knows) knowledge of chuds with guns (at least one that is DEFINITELY illegal under the NFA, not saying another fucking word on that because I don't need IDed) going on a hunt now. So even if the military would protect your rights, you have armed goons cosplaying as the military ready to end you. For funsies. So.

One of the two governors I was talking about was just gagging on Trump's dick this morning.  South Carolina.

Texas will be the other one.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 02, 2020, 08:52:33 PM
There's also footage of cops delivering pallets of bricks to planned protest sites to encourage protesters to throw them, for the same reason.

ooh where did you see that? All I've seen is people scratching their heads about where these mysterious bricks portal'd in from, I didn't know anybody caught it on video.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on June 02, 2020, 09:30:08 PM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 02, 2020, 08:52:33 PM
There's also footage of cops delivering pallets of bricks to planned protest sites to encourage protesters to throw them, for the same reason.

ooh where did you see that? All I've seen is people scratching their heads about where these mysterious bricks portal'd in from, I didn't know anybody caught it on video.

There are several stories about it.  BRB.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 02, 2020, 09:36:38 PM
Well, I found a link where the police have investigated this and said there were no bricks.   :lulz:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/2020-06-02-nationwide-protests-over-george-floyd-death-live-n1221821/ncrd1222216#liveBlogHeader

From the above link:
Quote from: NBCNBC News' Verification Unit geolocated the photos and tracked down the bricks to a Dallas parking lot. They have been there for months, close to a construction site, and can be seen in an image on Google Maps Street View from February.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 02, 2020, 09:39:14 PM
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=256104952160967&external_log_id=9c641afd5afcf80a585bc1cf00fd9a30&q=police%20deliver%20bricks

From a reply to the above facebook post:
Quote from: Truth Or Propaganda
Regarding Boston Police Video & Bricks: It actually shows Northeastern Police officers doing something far more innocuous - unloading bricks at the campus police station for storage after they'd removed them from a loosened and unsafe sidewalk a couple blocks away & to ensure Protesters/ Rioters don't use them as projectiles.
That counterclaim seems a little far-fetched, but it's not as if the video presented clear footage of police officers unloading bricks for use by protesters, either.  Frankly, I'm not sure what they're doing.

The idea of police planting bricks for protesters to use doesn't make much sense to me, anyway.  You don't want to hand your opponents a weapon to use against you, and it's not like the police require a pretext to escalate the situation.  Aren't they're already shooting rubber bullets at people sitting on their front porches?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

They don't require a pretext, but it might give them some good PR.

And of course, if the protestors don't take the bait, at the rate their going through tear gas cannisters and rubber bullets, the police might want the bricks in a few days time.

minuspace

I suppose your not going to defund the police while active riots are on, and fire season starts like this week or next week so.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 02, 2020, 10:38:57 PM
They don't require a pretext, but it might give them some good PR.

And of course, if the protestors don't take the bait, at the rate their going through tear gas cannisters and rubber bullets, the police might want the bricks in a few days time.

They found their dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AslwkgfvEmk&feature=emb_logo
Molon Lube