News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 28, 2020, 05:24:35 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2020, 11:26:41 AM
So basically he's fucked unless some Trumpist judge gets a hold of the case. That's good to hear.

What worries me more is the outright glee with which his actions are being defended by the "mainstreamers" of Neo-Nazi bullshit into acceptable rightwing discourse. Most notably Tucker Carlson, of course, but also a whole host of lesser known, if no less influential, online pundits. Once they're able to justify straight-up travelling to murder protestors...well, we know where that leads.

Well, we'll see what happens to that attitude when the next obvious thing happens and some boogs get assassinated.

CALLED IT.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2020, 02:54:36 PM
Looks like this might have happened already in Oregon last night. "Someone wearing a MAGA hat" was shot, if we are to believe the dubious reportings of various online shills.

Turned out to be a member of Patriot Prayer.
Molon Lube

Cain

Still no word on the circumstances, at least via the BBC. My guess is Portland Police are working overtime trying to pin this to the protests and Antifa groups but coming up with nothing and so they're keeping quiet until they can spin the events in that way plausibly, rather than trying to pin the blame right away and being proven wrong five minutes later, as per the NYPD and its constant lying.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2020, 02:11:18 AM
So basically he's fucked unless some Trumpist judge gets a hold of the case. That's good to hear.

What worries me more is the outright glee with which his actions are being defended by the "mainstreamers" of Neo-Nazi bullshit into acceptable rightwing discourse. Most notably Tucker Carlson, of course, but also a whole host of lesser known, if no less influential, online pundits. Once they're able to justify straight-up travelling to murder protestors...well, we know where that leads.

Well, we'll see what happens to that attitude when the next obvious thing happens and some boogs get assassinated.

CALLED IT.

Point of order, assassination requires a pre planned target. There's little to no chance that this is the actual case as who knew the goon was going to show?

With the lack of extra info, it's reasonable to assume a police shooting now. If it was either side of protestor, huge chunks of the media would be frothing. And its way overdue for one of these open carry idiots to get killed.

It's also a prime bit of spin for the nra or whatever successor org,whatever the circumstances.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 31, 2020, 02:17:22 PM

CALLED IT.

Point of order, assassination requires a pre planned target. There's little to no chance that this is the actual case as who knew the goon was going to show?

With the lack of extra info, it's reasonable to assume a police shooting now. If it was either side of protestor, huge chunks of the media would be frothing. And its way overdue for one of these open carry idiots to get killed.

It's also a prime bit of spin for the nra or whatever successor org,whatever the circumstances.

The target can be "a person of this persuasion," and if it wasn't planned, dude wouldn't be running loose.

I am calling this one as a lefty, not a boog (though that wouldn't be a shocker) as the trigger man.  I will take up to 3 bets of 2 page hate letters on this.
Molon Lube

Cain

I'm still hedging my bets right now. Too much going on in Portland for me to make a call.

On the plus side, 200+ fascist murders later, it's really funny watching the Nazis whine that one of their own got killed instead. Oh, now murder is bad. I thought it was really cool just...3 days ago.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2020, 03:07:12 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 31, 2020, 02:17:22 PM

CALLED IT.

The target can be "a person of this persuasion," and if it wasn't planned, dude wouldn't be running loose.

I am calling this one as a lefty, not a boog (though that wouldn't be a shocker) as the trigger man.  I will take up to 3 bets of 2 page hate letters on this.

Conceded. I'm in for a sulking paragraph that it's police. Explains no arrest and is generally funnier.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

I'm willing to put a FOUR PAGE hate letter on it being a cop (and if it's an off-duty cop from out of town, as I believe it is, I'll take an extra half page and a furious WOMP as my bonus prize), honestly. Just ... seems all too likely.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on August 31, 2020, 10:14:36 PM
I'm willing to put a FOUR PAGE hate letter on it being a cop (and if it's an off-duty cop from out of town, as I believe it is, I'll take an extra half page and a furious WOMP as my bonus prize), honestly. Just ... seems all too likely.

Be ready to start writing.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/08/man-under-investigation-in-fatal-shooting-after-pro-trump-rally-allegedly-took-loaded-gun-to-earlier-portland-protest.html
Molon Lube

altered

I'm going to hold off until I see something more solid. This is pretty solid already, so I just want to see how that evidence shakes out: if the cops can't pin him to the wall with this it's likely to be bullshit, and I'll bet money at that point that it's another cop they're covering ass for.

Somehow I'm mostly surprised that the dude's activist history starts with him being arrested for blatantly breaking the law. Like, that's the sort of thing most people would say "okay fair" about.

It's like leftist activism is just a vehicle for him to be a shitty person without consequence, which is not the norm in my circles. I know those exist, I just haven't seen them personally very often at all.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Pergamos

Quote from: altered on August 29, 2020, 06:08:13 AM
If cops get killed by leftist protestors, it's game over. That's so astoundingly stupid that any leftist I know, even the astoundingly stupid ones, would call it astoundingly stupid.

If the cops decide to play hard, it'll be more like Vietnam, except without the guns and foreign military support on the communist side. Just burning cities and butchered innocents. You fucking idiot.

I didn't say it was a good idea.  The cop will probably be killed by a boog, but they'll still blame antifa.

altered

You win the bet, Howl. The man gave an interview with Vice, and was gunned down by cops like an hour or so later.

In that video interview, he confessed, apparently. I wasn't able to confirm (my phone isn't playing videos anywhere right now annoyingly enough) but I'm conceding regardless.

You aren't getting the extra half page and furious WOMP though, as I don't have a computer for a WOMP and you made no claim for your bonus prize. Four pages, and not a line break more! And they're Google Docs pages, because I have no other word processor to use and no printer, and none of us can have nice things these days.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on September 04, 2020, 05:05:59 AM
You win the bet, Howl. The man gave an interview with Vice, and was gunned down by cops like an hour or so later.

In that video interview, he confessed, apparently. I wasn't able to confirm (my phone isn't playing videos anywhere right now annoyingly enough) but I'm conceding regardless.

You aren't getting the extra half page and furious WOMP though, as I don't have a computer for a WOMP and you made no claim for your bonus prize. Four pages, and not a line break more! And they're Google Docs pages, because I have no other word processor to use and no printer, and none of us can have nice things these days.

Federal cops.  For a state level murder.

Granted, they had the excuse that the marshals needed to be involved because he had a federal warrant out for him, but this was never going to end well.

Also, you can just post the hate letter in Apple Talk.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Does this image speak for itself? We had a small chit chat in the political cartoons thread once upon a time i think
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

Apart from the fact that they are modifying their uniforms with the symbol of a militia... Don't Disney own the copyright on that image, would love to see a legal case kick off over that
Sleepless nights at the chateau