News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Randonauts

Started by Cramulus, June 23, 2020, 04:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Alright, just got back from my first Randonaut adventure. The app picked a point about 2 miles away from my house, but with no obvious footpath there. The point was on a path inside the Rockerfeller estate. We decided to see how close we could get without doing anything stupid.

It was a difficult climb up a sunny hill with no sidewalk. Not a walk we normally would have taken. We ended up finding a big unused wooden gate, which looked like it hadn't been an official entrance to the sprawling estate for a few decades. I'd never seen it before. We then hiked back to the house, merging onto one of our usual hiking loops, but coming from an unusual side.

We've explored the shit out of this town.. This October, I'll have lived here for 10 years. My fiance grew up here. So it was really cool to spot some new trails, some new little places.

During the quarantine, my fiance and I have been doing a 3-5 mile hike every day. That's such an established rhythm... it was refreshing to approach the hike from a different mindset... an adventure to find the unknown within the known. To see something new. That feeling of curiosity. Will any weird coincidences happen? When you tune your mind to look for them, you're open.

anyway, it was fun - would reccommend

Cramulus

been watching some randonaut youtube

it's all pretty funny.. takes itself very seriously. There's a lot of tiktoks of people freaking out in all caps because they saw a frog. There's a big contingent of "law of attraction" dipshits that are really into showing that coincidences are produced by visualization and intention. (they're both right and wrong, but that's another post)

The app generates a standard random number field and calls that quantum randomness -- that seems to really impress a lot of people.

But all the veneer aside, there really is something to getting a procedurally based adventure created for you... like I said, just the experience of exploring the world with an intention in mind can be a really interesting experience. It cultivates a kind of openness, a "let's try it and find out" mentality. An explorer mentality. And that's good stuff.

Cain

No dead bodies. 0/10, worst story ever.

minuspace

:lulz:

Your boy was the one filming mine, right? With the breaching dolphins, "groom beach," the time-bridge, and all that. Y'all got that, right?

Cramulus

minuspace

*runs screaming*

ETA

*turns bed frame into gun mount*

[and then]

*pings the zenith transoceanic*

Bruno

This sounds like it would be useful for finding places to guerilla grow some weed.
Formerly something else...