News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Flip the Switch Music Playlist

Started by minuspace, June 24, 2020, 11:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on June 29, 2020, 01:53:37 AM
Unless you're Emperor Kellanved. In which case you keep the sealed evil around as a contingency plan. See also: T'lan Imass, Ryllandaras, the "Emperor's Demon" at the bottom of the Malaz Harbour.
I read the first book many years ago, and liked it enough that I decided I would continue with it, once the series had been finished; it seems I am a decade overdue.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: minuspace on June 29, 2020, 05:55:57 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 29, 2020, 01:28:09 AM
Quote from: minuspace on June 28, 2020, 10:35:55 PM
Let me know if you want me to "seal" it for you?
If you "seal" evil, it will come back later.  Better to destroy it while you have the chance.
And you just stopped making any sense at all.

I closed my eyes.  At once hideous vistas of impossibility appeared, writhing, seething, and I knew.  To defeat this crawling madness I must use not light, but a blacker darkness.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: minuspace on June 29, 2020, 05:53:11 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 29, 2020, 01:28:44 AM
Quote from: minuspace on June 28, 2020, 05:21:32 PM
Now you avert your gaze.
If I ignore you, will you cease to exist?
To The People of Earth gather around Beacon?

A forest of vertiginous tentacles laps around your ankles.  You could grow teeth from your fingertips, but how would you chew?

minuspace

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 29, 2020, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: minuspace on June 29, 2020, 05:53:11 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 29, 2020, 01:28:44 AM
Quote from: minuspace on June 28, 2020, 05:21:32 PM
Now you avert your gaze.
If I ignore you, will you cease to exist?
To The People of Earth gather around Beacon?

A forest of vertiginous tentacles laps around your ankles.  You could grow teeth from your fingertips, but how would you chew?
With a hammer.

minuspace

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 29, 2020, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: minuspace on June 29, 2020, 05:55:57 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 29, 2020, 01:28:09 AM
Quote from: minuspace on June 28, 2020, 10:35:55 PM
Let me know if you want me to "seal" it for you?
If you "seal" evil, it will come back later.  Better to destroy it while you have the chance.
And you just stopped making any sense at all.

I closed my eyes.  At once hideous vistas of impossibility appeared, writhing, seething, and I knew.  To defeat this crawling madness I must use not light, but a blacker darkness.
:lulz:

Cain

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 29, 2020, 02:13:26 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 29, 2020, 01:53:37 AM
Unless you're Emperor Kellanved. In which case you keep the sealed evil around as a contingency plan. See also: T'lan Imass, Ryllandaras, the "Emperor's Demon" at the bottom of the Malaz Harbour.
I read the first book many years ago, and liked it enough that I decided I would continue with it, once the series had been finished; it seems I am a decade overdue.

Erikson don't mess around. He had a contract for 10 books in 10 years and he delivered. And then he started work on two new trilogies while the co-creator of the series, Ian C Esselmont, went on do do a 7 book concurrent series revolving mostly around the Crimson Guard and a prequel of the Empire's rise to power (in which you see exactly how annoying the old Emperor was, and believe me, his trolling skills are second to none).

So that is, as of the moment, 22 books to get your teeth into, with 4 more to come.

minuspace

minuspace

minuspace