News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

I'm not sure, but I think this is the first holiday I've ever had where I didn't have a personal, ongoing disaster to deal with. Where things weren't directly horrible for me in some way, shape or form.

I've got food. I've got hot chocolate, which has been helping to regulate my mood, I'm not even joking. Caffeine, too. My brain, despite being erratically medicated if at all, is saying "You are okay to feel good for now". And that's not a wavering, up-down sorta thing, it's been like this for most of a week. My body isn't rebelling. Housing is stable. Housemates actually appreciate me. It's bitter cold outside and slightly chilly inside, which is my ideal. I've got survival money for the next two weeks. Things are here-and-now good, as far as that means shit.

Oh, and my primary partner who ghosted the universe in like October is talking to me again. Intermittently, and there's some mending ongoing, but it's happening.

I think that's a first. No bad things that impact me in any immediate way. Simply Being Able To Exist During A National Holiday. Other people do this all the fucking time, somehow. Amazing.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

The other day, while the temperature was around -30 C, a water line around here broke.  The water in the neigbourhood was out for about a day while a city crew dug a hole in a neighbour's lawn.
(That's "lawn" in the seasonally agnostic sense; it was really just a patch of snow covering frozen ground, which ostensibly contained grass roots until the backhoe shredded it.)

The lack of running water, however brief, was a reminder that plumbing is one of the foundations of modern civilization.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Suu

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on December 28, 2022, 02:21:47 AM
The other day, while the temperature was around -30 C, a water line around here broke.  The water in the neigbourhood was out for about a day while a city crew dug a hole in a neighbour's lawn.
(That's "lawn" in the seasonally agnostic sense; it was really just a patch of snow covering frozen ground, which ostensibly contained grass roots until the backhoe shredded it.)

The lack of running water, however brief, was a reminder that plumbing is one of the foundations of modern civilization.

Yeah. This is why having all those gallons of water stashed during hurricane season is a big deal down here. The problem is once the lift station goes because the power AND water is out.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. It's incredibly stressful even when you -are- prepared.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

Holy fuck where am I? Sweet Eris' holy tatas WHEN am I??????
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

Quote from: Telarus on January 01, 2023, 01:06:20 PM

The Great Return to PD continues.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

chaotic neutral observer

Holy fuck where am I?
You are Here.

Sweet Eris' holy tatas WHEN am I??????
The wheel of history has turned, and it is once again The Interesting Times.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I understand the confusion as regards time and place. I've not been up to snuff lately. Don't worry, when I get over this flu, I'll bring us all back to painful, stupid awareness of when and where we are. We will all cry and regret and you might decide you're better off not knowing, but there is no escape -- and more to the point, I can't afford to get fired from this gig, so I really don't have any choice but to keep hurting everyone with direct sensation of their own space-time coordinates.

Enjoy the break from 3+1 dimensional space-time consciousness while it lasts!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Jenn and TGG and I all have covid.
Molon Lube

Telarus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 01, 2023, 08:06:36 PM

Ah fuck that's lame. My household narrowly avoided it thru 2022. Get well soon! (& I hope its not BAD for anyone).
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Telarus

Quote from: Suu (parody account) on January 01, 2023, 02:08:15 PM

Greta Twitter LULZ aside, the state of social media right now is bonkers. Mastodon has been ok if you like the focus of the group-instance you join. Nothing like old school PD.com out there.
Telarus, KSC,

Suu

I was more angry I was sick than I was sick, but the chills and aches the first night were hell on wheels. Tylenol was the only thing that worked.

Scribbly

That sucks, hope everyone recovers quickly.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Telarus on January 01, 2023, 08:22:02 PM

Ah fuck that's lame. My household narrowly avoided it thru 2022. Get well soon! (& I hope its not BAD for anyone).

We've had our shots (not all of them mind you, just the first 3), so we're all breathing without assistance.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu (parody account) on January 01, 2023, 09:44:25 PM

I was more angry I was sick than I was sick, but the chills and aches the first night were hell on wheels. Tylenol was the only thing that worked.

For us, the only thing that stops the horrible chills is theraflu (which may also be Tylenol).  Nothing stops the all over sunburn effect, or the total lack of energy.  There's an antiviral that works on this paxlovid or some shit, we're getting that today.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Telarus on January 01, 2023, 08:24:18 PM
Quote from: Suu (parody account) on January 01, 2023, 02:08:15 PM

Greta Twitter LULZ aside, the state of social media right now is bonkers. Mastodon has been ok if you like the focus of the group-instance you join. Nothing like old school PD.com out there.

Twitter is being destroyed by this decade's Mol, Facebook has become basically the obsidian mirror, and I don't know shit about Mastadon.
Molon Lube