News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

That's fucking horrible. I'm sorry.

It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had prepared for. He doesn't like my chosen name and won't use it. He thinks I'm having a nervous breakdown. I look ridiculous.

Weak. Very weak.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Scribbly

Shit has started to come together this week.

I am going to be heavily involved in a community project soon which should measurably improve the lives of the people around me.

I have secured a 24 month extension to my lease with a guarantee that any rent increase will only be in line with RPI and not above it, rather than the 12 months 'we can do whatever the fuck we want' attempt they put in front of us first. That means 3 full years in the same location, the most I've had since I was chucked out of my parent's place.

Even managed to get my drugs with minimal bullshit and everything on the blood tests is All Good for the first time.

Work stress continues and involving the NHS with my healthcare is already starting to cause me frustration, but overall this has been a really positive week. After three months of relentless negativity this feels fucking good.

Doktor Howl

Robyn, former admin of PD, passed away on August 13 of 2022.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Stage 4 cancer.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the exact date.

August was when the memorial went up, but the gofundme for her illness was still up in October.

Her relationship with Liam and their eventual marriage seemed happy enough, so she at least had that.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Ouch, that sucks.
Cancer's such a nasty motherfucker.

Elder Iptuous

Hello, spags.
It feels to me like we're accelerating into the technological singularity, and I was just stopping by to see what the general mood was here.
Are the panties fully knotted, and buttholes puckered?

Scribbly

I demand a higher class of apocalypse.

Elder Iptuous

How have we earned a better one?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 16, 2023, 12:01:11 AM
Hello, spags.
It feels to me like we're accelerating into the technological singularity, and I was just stopping by to see what the general mood was here.

I've been cheering it on, really.

Hal was way better company than you goddamn simians.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2023, 02:45:37 AM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 16, 2023, 12:01:11 AM
Hello, spags.

I've been cheering it on, really.

Hal was way better company than you goddamn simians.

But HAL was GOFAI.  These LLMs are a juiced up version of us goddamn simians!

Anna Mae Bollocks

altered

Nah, it was normal black-bag police kidnapping bullshit. They released the kids later. It's not Nacht und Nebel tier, though it sure is headed that way.

This was a warning shot off the bow, essentially. Not even raising the stakes, just making the existing ones clear. "Know your place -- we can ruin you anytime." Showing that actually, consequences for using their fucked up hate-laws are not something that matters to them.

As for "what happens now"? Start pulling vulnerable people out of those fucking shitholes and sending them to safer places. Because they're GOING to go full Nazi. They haven't been hiding it for a long time now. So save the people who really need saving.

For everyone else, it's time to read about resistance movements in WW2 Italy, German-occupied nations, etc. Maybe throw in some Zapatista, Spanish Civil War, modern Palestinian resistance reading. Get real comfortable, extremely familiar with your history. Start figuring out how the real successful shit might look in a post-internet surveillance-world. You know, what-ifs.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

fluffy

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 09, 2023, 05:20:39 AM
Robyn, former admin of PD, passed away on August 13 of 2022.

wahhhhh!!!!!!!!!