News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

That's heartbreaking, I can't grasp what it must be like having to send your kids in to school when this is always a looming threat, the worst we have to worry about is bullying or them catching every flu/cold/nits doing the rounds, taking it for granted they are safe is something I need to be more thankful for
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pergamos

Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on May 02, 2024, 09:52:34 PMI miss when the internet was fun.
The hot an popular people keep taking over, so us weird nerds are losing territory.

But in all seriousness, fuck the trend of making everything enslaved to some bullshit algorithm. Fuck the corporate friendly piss-garbage.
If I hear the word "unalive" one more fucking time I might have a heart attack. Keep that bullshit on TikTok or whatever.
And also, fuck off with TikTok. I'm tired of it being synonymous with Gen Z.
And now every other website also has to be TikTok, so every other website also gets worse. Thanks, TikTok. Burn in Hell. 

Don't worry, they've banned tiktok.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I pope-d the shit outta pride. I'm wildly overextended but accomplishing most of the things. We live in dread of November. Our hearts are full of piercings.

altered

tooth broke, no healthcare, no money, its the kind of broke that means cnt eat drinking is hard talking is harder smoking is forget it no sleep fuck you, do not anymore know what to do because i need dental surgery and there is no free option for that so im proably just going to subside into a ball of agony until my mouth gets infected the Very Bad way so ER will do more than shrug at me
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

I suffered with repeated infections for close to two years because of a botched root canal, my only advice is until you can get it sorted, warm salty water, and if you can't get it capped, get it pulled, nothing worth then the infections that come with that.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

i do not get a break, homelessness again and this time i have TWO DAYS to pack up my entire life and find somewhere to put it, or the person who put me up will ALSO be on the streets

I still havent mourned my partner who died in september, things just keep fucking happening, I have so little left of me to give and i have to keep dragging it out and feeding it in or give up
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

This wildfire season, I got myself an outdoor air quality sensor.  For smoke wafting from 100s of km away, the most interesting metric is PM2.5 (particulate matter under 2.5 micrometers in diameter).

As you'd expect, when the air is blue, and everyone's coughing and their eyes are burning, the reported PM2.5 is pretty high (100+ µg/m3).  And when the PM2.5 is down to 3 or 4 µg/m3, the air is very clear.

But then one's expectations fall apart.  Humidity doesn't actually improve the air quality--it just ameliorates the worst of the symptoms.  Rain generally doesn't settle the particulate matter out of the air.  And, horrifyingly, there's a wide range of unhealthy values that are not detectable to humans.

The WHO's guidelines are that the concentration should not exceed 5 on a yearly average, and shouldn't exceed a daily average of 15 for more than a few days a year.

Outside, right now, the air seems fresh and clear....and the sensor is reporting 29 µg/m3.  The air I breathe is shortening my life, and I can't do a damn thing about it.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.