News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Are we all just gonna sit here and ignore our assets?
Molon Lube

Bovine19

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 06, 2020, 02:21:08 PM
Quote from: Bovine19 on August 06, 2020, 01:43:36 PM
Has anyone else found the murder hornets thread of the pandemic mildly disappointing?

700,000 people have died from this pandemic.

That's what happens when humans with the mental capacities of cucumbers are put in charge.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2020, 04:51:45 PM

:? I don't know what you mean exactly.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

Today I learned that there is a lot of people who think the USSR were the good guys at the end of WWII and the Cold War, and I don't have the patience to tell them that they don't need to pick that side just because America is shit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 06, 2020, 05:23:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2020, 04:51:45 PM

:? I don't know what you mean exactly.

Towards the end, RWHN began to refer to children as "our assets".
Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

I have a specter of death haunting the other residents of my building, who invite a bunch of friends over without masks to bitch about the COVID hoax.

I'm wondering how best to tell him food has arrived without disrupting the Ominous Aura.

altered

Quote from: altered on August 08, 2020, 03:28:57 AM
I have a specter of death haunting the other residents of my building, who invite a bunch of friends over without masks to bitch about the COVID hoax.

I'm wondering how best to tell him food has arrived without disrupting the Ominous Aura.

Cain

It's 95F in London. Everything is horrible and I want to die in a freezer.

chaotic neutral observer

Saskatoon hit 34 C last week; this morning we're at +13, with today's forecast at 22.

Saskatchewan normally has screwy weather, but there's something off this year.  Y'know how beans are stupidly easy to grow?  I had a germination rate of about 50% and what came up isn't doing well.  On the other hand, my carrots often come up patchy, so I sometimes need to reseed some sections two or three times.  This year, they all came up beautifully, on the first planting, and are now threatening to invade the adjacent rows of onions.

I really should stop fertilizing them, for everyone's safety, but they said that if I did that, they would eat the neighbour's cat for nutrients
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

London's summer weather has been off as well. Last week was like 22C and overcast, as had most of the summer. But we get occasional days - or in this case, a whole week - where everything goes insane. It's been 95F from Friday and will be until this Friday, and we're also due to have serious thunderstorms from tomorrow onwards.

Usually there will be a thunderstorm at the end of a heatwave, but cocurrent with it, for multiple days? That just doesn't happen here.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on August 09, 2020, 03:29:30 PM

Thats disgusting even for mid-Mexico standards. I can easily bear up to 32C if the humidity is below 30%, but anything beyond that i just want to cry and hug an ice bag.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

I do best in the 40-60 F range (40 without wind, 60 with wind).

I spent about a week in the 100-105 F range in Texas. And I had to wear a hoodie outside, in the sun, cause of a skin condition.

It just isn't fair.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 09, 2020, 03:29:30 PM

*Laughs in 113F*

*died last week*
Molon Lube