News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 07, 2021, 04:39:58 PM
I just found out there's a Hyundai Tucson.

Which is just asking for it, Frankly.

Would have been safer to name it the Hiroshima Aleppo
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Hey, Faust, is there anything we can do to hobble some of the spambots at registration?  I'm zapping 20+ a day right now.
Molon Lube

Drake75

Fuck all of you, fuck everything, I'm going to become an omniglot and you won't hear from me again, at least here.
Your asses will all be mine.

I will conquer The Tower of Babel and reach my throne by age 77 and nobody will stop me, not even myself. My endtimes have come and I was the one who wrote my own end. I won.

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 07, 2021, 11:04:51 PM
Hey, Faust, is there anything we can do to hobble some of the spambots at registration?  I'm zapping 20+ a day right now.

Sorry about this, I've been looking to integrate stopforumspam for like 2 years, I thought I had little free time before the baby, now things like showers are a luxury. She's gorgeous but she keeps us on our toes.
When I get time to work on stuff it will be one of the first things I do.
This will catch them at source
In the meantime it's possible to create a ban on their registration which can stop them registering any more because we tend to see groups from the same machines over and over.
Select Ban on IP,  and seperately if the email is something@site.spamhost.com they tend to register multiple times with variations of where that site. Part is so a wildcard ban of *.Spamhost.com  catches a lot of them.

Otherwise, I'll try do more of them myself because it shouldn't just be you doing it

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 11, 2021, 08:20:45 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 07, 2021, 11:04:51 PM

Sorry about this, I've been looking to integrate stopforumspam for like 2 years, I thought I had little free time before the baby, now things like showers are a luxury. She's gorgeous but she keeps us on our toes.
When I get time to work on stuff it will be one of the first things I do.
This will catch them at source
In the meantime it's possible to create a ban on their registration which can stop them registering any more because we tend to see groups from the same machines over and over.
Select Ban on IP,  and seperately if the email is something@site.spamhost.com they tend to register multiple times with variations of where that site. Part is so a wildcard ban of *.Spamhost.com  catches a lot of them.

Otherwise, I'll try do more of them myself because it shouldn't just be you doing it

Well, no rush.  Obviously being a new dad means you get no sleep, let alone this crap.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Drake75 on April 10, 2021, 07:58:07 PM
Fuck all of you, fuck everything, I'm going to become an omniglot and you won't hear from me again, at least here.

I will conquer The Tower of Babel and reach my throne by age 77 and nobody will stop me, not even myself. My endtimes have come and I was the one who wrote my own end. I won.

Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Drake75 on April 10, 2021, 07:58:07 PM

What?

Cramulus

I FOUND IT

background's not transparent but WHATEVER

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on April 12, 2021, 05:44:55 PM
I FOUND IT

background's not transparent but WHATEVER

Wow, what depths of tartarus did you need to search over these last few months to dredge that up?

Cramulus

randomly showed up in a comment on a facebook memory

the internet never forgets!

chaotic neutral observer

Sometimes I think to myself, that somewhere out there is is an epidemiologist--possibly several of them--who has spent the last year in a state of ecstasy because of the vast quantity of data they now have available.
And I'm okay with this, because that's how I would feel, too.

I became eligible for vaccination yesterday, but my appointment is still two weeks out.  Canada is still having vaccine supply issues.  Meanwhile, south of the border, the Americans seem to be handing them out like candy (cross-border Canadian truckers apparently can get vaccinated in North Dakota, now).

The time for finger pointing has come!  Quick! Someone tell me who I'm supposed to blame for this!  I don't want to think for myself!  Can I blame Trudeau?  I don't like Trudeau!
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Is blaming Trudeau ever really wrong?

I'm also still waiting for a vaccination, if it makes you feel any better. Of course the government's attitude to anyone under 60 is that we should fuck off and die, so I'm not too surprised at this being the case. Denying us the ability to get vaccinated, while making snide remarks and hectoring us to go and get vaccinated when it's finally available is entirely in keeping with their approach to...well, everything.

Faust

I got it (moderna) yesterday because of an underlying respiratory issue,  no symptoms but I've heard it's pot luck on that.
I'm looking forward to all the things I was missing out on with social distancing: the arm wrestling competitions, the kissing people on each cheek european style, and let's not forget the orgies.
Jokes aside it will nice to be able to see a film in the cinema again

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2021, 01:33:52 AM

I'm also still waiting for a vaccination, if it makes you feel any better. Of course the government's attitude to anyone under 60 is that we should fuck off and die, so I'm not too surprised at this being the case. Denying us the ability to get vaccinated, while making snide remarks and hectoring us to go and get vaccinated when it's finally available is entirely in keeping with their approach to...well, everything.

LOL speaking as an over 60 I challenge your claim about governmentally approved fucking off and dying . . . the bastards want us all to die. ALSO my 2 pennorth on Astra Zeneca - I was fine for 5 days and then there were 3 days when I couldn't move and which I can't remember clearly. Still, its gotta be better than Covid. Right?
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2021, 01:33:52 AM
It's one of the luxuries of a governmental system that is essentially a term dictatorship.  It makes it easy to blame everything on one person.

Yikes.  Our government at least pretends to care, they're just disorganized and condescending.

Are your people trying to improve initial coverage by increasing the inter-dose interval from three weeks to four months, or is that just us?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.