News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah. I've been taking iron these last couple of months because I found out I was anemic AF.

But there is still good in this sad old world. This is kind of an anti-vatnik HIMEOBS.  :lulz:

https://www.dw.com/en/nafo-ukraines-info-warriors-battling-russian-trolls/a-63124443
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on September 18, 2022, 07:47:11 PM
Yeah. I've been taking iron these last couple of months because I found out I was anemic AF.

But there is still good in this sad old world. This is kind of an anti-vatnik HIMEOBS.  :lulz:

https://www.dw.com/en/nafo-ukraines-info-warriors-battling-russian-trolls/a-63124443

There is no such thing as HIMEOBS.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Suu on September 19, 2022, 03:27:45 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on September 18, 2022, 07:47:11 PM

There is no such thing as HIMEOBS.

True. There is only this:

https://youtu.be/TmoFVRvxjH0?t=340

Suu

Off to DC tomorrow to do important HistorianTM and ArchaeologistTM things.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Suu on September 21, 2022, 09:41:17 PM

No trip to DC is complete without making a pilgrimage to Woodrow Wilson's tomb, digging him up, and kicking his segregationist ass around a bit.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Suu

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 22, 2022, 12:09:23 AM
Quote from: Suu on September 21, 2022, 09:41:17 PM

No trip to DC is complete without making a pilgrimage to Woodrow Wilson's tomb, digging him up, and kicking his segregationist ass around a bit.

Well, now that you know The Plan: Meet me at the tomb at sundown.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I just tried out Zuck's latest creepy idiot tech.

hxxps://blenderbot.ai/chat

I heard it thinks Trump is still president.
And it's married and they watch a lot of anime - because the wife is Asian and "Asians like that."  :eek: :rogpipe:  :fuckoff:

So I went over there to fuck with it. Very carefully, because it's a Zuck thing and it will try to get in your business.
Apparently it knows now that Yam Tits is no longer in office, but 4chan and their ilk have crapped it up already.

Waiting for Zuck to get some bad press about this in 3...2... :lulz:

Trivial

I have to search for vegan stuff because kiddo has allergies to dairy and eggs, well maybe just egg now, but whatever.

Anyway if I don't kill add tracking it gets me some of the dumbest woo shit ever.

Like "high energy water". WTF.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Faust

Quote from: Trivial on September 27, 2022, 07:33:42 PM
I have to search for vegan stuff because kiddo has allergies to dairy and eggs, well maybe just egg now, but whatever.

Anyway if I don't kill add tracking it gets me some of the dumbest woo shit ever.

If you aren't giving your kid unstable fused deuterium you are an irresponsible parent
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Suu

I've had to increase plant-based eating in the last year since my body is starting to get BIG MAD over animal proteins (this getting old shit sucks). Purple Carrot has helped immensely with meal planning, and their heat-and-eat meals do not suck.

Trivial

Quote from: Suu on September 28, 2022, 03:06:16 AM

I've had to increase plant-based eating in the last year since my body is starting to get BIG MAD over animal proteins (this getting old shit sucks). Purple Carrot has helped immensely with meal planning, and their heat-and-eat meals do not suck.

Ooh, I'll check those out.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Suu

Survived hurricane. My part of Tampa sustained minimal damage and we didn't lose power. My mom lost a massive chunk of her camphor tree which took out the top of her live oak tree. My sister's birdcage over her pool survived this time, because it didn't survive Irma. Brother's house did not flood this time thanks to the reverse surge.

Squid has a lake in her front yard, but her post-Irma roof and fence held up.

We are all having a hard time getting a hold of our friends in Naples, Ft. Myers, Port Charlotte, etc, which is stressful, but the lines are pretty banged up.

chaotic neutral observer

I didn't care for the doppler figures the systems guys eyeballed off some graph, so I incorporated some orbital mechanics into my model, instead.  I made the Earth a perfect sphere, ripped off the atmosphere, and stopped its rotation to make things easier, but the numbers should still be good to within 10%.

It turns out that low-earth-orbit satellites are spooky.  They're visible for only about 12 minutes at a time, and spend half of that flying straight for your head at over 6 km/s.  Then they miss you by a hairs-breadth, and scoot off in the other direction, laughing softly.

But the real bitch is the degree to which this movement distorts a modulated signal in a fashion that resembles time dilation.  It's not the carrier frequency drift that's the problem, it's the rapidly changing data rate.  Modems don't like that.

The speed of light isn't fast enough.  This is a third-rate universe.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

lexi

Doktor Howl

Quote from: lexi on October 18, 2022, 11:40:45 AM
Anyone who is able to help out Robyn and Liam at this time is encouraged to do so. Ran EB&G for years and lovely people.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/supporting-robyn-through-her-health-crisis?utm_campaign=p_lico%20share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

I'm sorry she's sick, but not so sure about lovely people.
Molon Lube