News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

if we're choosing bloodborne roles, I wanna be horny old Gehrman.

he crushes on Lady Maria so hard that he builds his own RealDoll... and then lends it out to people.

altered

I, of course, am The Keeper of the Old Lords, because I get the coolest witch hat, all the edginess I could ask for, and a neat way to light cigarettes.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

So my car's computer shat in traffic yesterday, which is awesome for a "fly by wire" vehicle.

I will have my revenge on 2020.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: altered on July 15, 2020, 06:37:56 PM
Different universe, Johnny!

You're the Celestial Emissary.

Tea party with Ebrietas everyday WOOO
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

She's a sweetheart, huh?

Also, Howl, in all honesty, you need to just start to make your peace with God.

You know?

By upper-decking his toilet.

Again.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on July 15, 2020, 07:38:55 PM
She's a sweetheart, huh?

Also, Howl, in all honesty, you need to just start to make your peace with God.

You know?

By upper-decking his toilet.

Again.

Woop woop! 

I mean, if I'm gonna burn, I may as well have fun on the way.
Molon Lube

Faust

I've spent the last while going through the testimonials about Warren Ellis

https://www.somanyofus.com/

They are depressing, paint a picture of a gross, needy and controlling little man who preyed on his groupies.
But it looks like he knew where to draw the line: I don't see any that suggest he either insinuated access or media contacts. He did consistently plug these women in his emails blogs etc, which is the tangential way of using his prestige to both endear and control them but its not the same as saying, I will send this on to X person, though some of these women did form contacts through this vicarious method with comic book industry people it is through them being contacted by others in the industry off their own bat after seeing the plug in warrens email, to me that's not the same.
There's a pattern of manipulation, as a form of abuse, but nothing like sexual abuse or anything, though there is consistent pesting.

He's a scumbag, but what I said previously about him never working again, there's no smoking gun like that or even a suggestion of it. In fact a lot of the testimonials are pushing for him to confront and grow because they still think he could be a good voice in the comics industry to do good.

I dont think I feel like reading anything of his for a while, and may not again, but hopefully the good these women seeks come of that. When people talk about Cancel culture, I really like these womens approach, they both want him to own what he did, confront it, grow and be a positive voice through the reach he has.
I guess that wouldnt be possible if he was a rapist or something, he didn't do anything illegal, just shitty.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

My fiance's mom and her sister have both gotten into The Secret.

Eris, give me strength.

LMNO

Clap back with extensive quotes from The Celestine Prophecy.

altered

I don't know what either of these things is and I want to be told in a way that is just wrong enough that if I talk about it I'll give everyone who knows about them a fucking aneurysm on the goddamned spot

LMNO

I don't know who needs to know about this, but somebody started a parody "Humans of New York" FB page using AI-generated text and images.

I present to you, "Bots of New York".

altered

I seriously just about shat myself and then just about died shortly afterwards Jesus fucking Christ LOOK AT THIS SHIT

altered

The best part about these is they read like old Clickhole stuff

Cramulus

these are great :lulz: :lulz:

https://www.facebook.com/botsofnewyork/videos/1261241087414521/

just keeps getting weirder

Quote from: altered on July 20, 2020, 08:31:18 PM
I don't know what either of these things is and I want to be told in a way that is just wrong enough that if I talk about it I'll give everyone who knows about them a fucking aneurysm on the goddamned spot

The Secret is a book about the Law of Attraction, which is basically like secular witchcraft, but they don't see it that way. Think Sigilization, but instead of occult aesthetic, it's Live, Laugh, Love aesthetic. You make a dream board with pictures of beach houses and, because you visualized it, the universe will give it to you. So if you're miserable, just cheer up. Your sadness attracts negative energy, so knock it off.

altered

Unfortunately I know too much about the Law of Attraction and its cousins (contagion, recurrence/memory, etc) for that explanation to allow me to really desperately upset people the way I need.

It's too late now, you ruined the only chance i had to greatly misunderstand something