News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Juana on July 23, 2020, 02:29:44 AM
Taco Bell is just Bad. Doesn't make me miserable other than the actual act of eating it, but every time I go I remember why I don't. We have real Mexican food here and it's fucking good, so why?

Sometimes you just want taco bell.
The heart wants what the heart wants.

Bruno

I've been eating a lot of gas station pizza (Hunt Bros.) on the weekends. It just seems like the least likely food product to transmit the Covid. I want to minimize how much the food is handled after being cooked, or without cooking. Taco Bell and Subway are at the top of my sketchy foods list for that reason. Haven't been to either since probably February, or so.

Which is also about the last time I went to a barber shop. I've just been trimming it myself to keep it out of my eyes and off the ears.

At this point, I'm totally rocking a Plague Mullet.
Formerly something else...

Cramulus

yeah sometimes you want BAD food

cause sometimes that's perfect

Taco Bell is in the same category as those cheese danishes you can get at a gas station. You know what I'm talking about? they're mass produced, wrapped in plastic, have probably never contacted oxygen. They are terrible and perfect. It's somehow the worst possible cheese danish and also its ideal form.

LMNO

In my head, y'all are still talking about how Taco Bell compares with The Celestine Prophecy, and to me that's wonderful.

Juana

Quote from: Don Coyote on July 23, 2020, 05:26:35 AM
Quote from: Juana on July 23, 2020, 02:29:44 AM
Taco Bell is just Bad. Doesn't make me miserable other than the actual act of eating it, but every time I go I remember why I don't. We have real Mexican food here and it's fucking good, so why?

Sometimes you just want taco bell.
The heart wants what the heart wants.

If I want bad food, there's better bad food.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Well, my job is probably moving to Cheyenne after all, but my boss just hit me with sack of money so I guess I'm going.

Bad news/good news is the best you can hope for in 2020.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2020, 02:33:11 PM
yeah sometimes you want BAD food

cause sometimes that's perfect

Taco Bell is in the same category as those cheese danishes you can get at a gas station. You know what I'm talking about? they're mass produced, wrapped in plastic, have probably never contacted oxygen. They are terrible and perfect. It's somehow the worst possible cheese danish and also its ideal form.

If I want bad food, gas station sushi takes care of all of my bad impulses.
Molon Lube

Cain

On the bright side, you can now experience baking hot summers and freezing cold winters.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 24, 2020, 12:04:59 AM
On the bright side, you can now experience baking hot summers and freezing cold winters.

85 F is not "baking hot."

So I get cold summers and fatal winters.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2020, 11:30:09 PM
Well, my job is probably moving to Cheyenne after all, but my boss just hit me with sack of money so I guess I'm going.

Bad news/good news is the best you can hope for in 2020.

There's a lot to be said for a chance to entirely relocate and reorganize your situation that is entirely subsidized by someone else. Your destination is a bag of dicks, but given that The Shit is about to go down at least you have a chance to set things up for hard times in essentially hostile territory. As far as shennanigans go it could be seen as a target rich environment.

However it turns out I wish you the best.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

I returned to Chicago from Texas.

I'm in the between space that comes after "arrival feast" but before "second shower so you REALLY FEEL as clean as you actually are". The cat is worse than I remembered in some ways, also twice as big and floofed out like an expensive plushie. So soft. I've taken a few claws to the face to touch the fuzz already.

I also learned today that we're getting a continuation of the increased PUA payouts, just reduced.

For me, that gives me loads of ride time while I look for work. So I'm way more confident, homelessness might be over for me.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2020, 12:16:25 AM

Don't worry, global warming will fix that.

chaotic neutral observer

Hot begins at +30 C.  Cold begins at -20 C.  Cheyenne, Wyoming has a seasonal range from -8 to +29.  Temperate, I'd call that.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on July 24, 2020, 01:28:36 AM
The cat is worse than I remembered in some ways, also twice as big and floofed out like an expensive plushie. So soft. I've taken a few claws to the face to touch the fuzz already.
An abrupt increase in feline fluffiness/contempt/tailcount is often symptomatic of a certain preternatural transformation.  You may have a nekomata on your hands.  Did you count its tails?  You should count its tails.

So I'm way more confident, homelessness might be over for me.
That is good.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 24, 2020, 01:57:47 AM

Hot begins at +30 C.  Cold begins at -20 C.  Cheyenne, Wyoming has a seasonal range from -8 to +29.  Temperate, I'd call that.

No, that is Jack London bullshit and everyone falls through the ice and dies miserably.
Molon Lube