News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on July 24, 2020, 01:28:36 AM
So I'm way more confident, homelessness might be over for me.

That's awesome.
Molon Lube

altered

This week I'm taking a fucking break. Turns out that no one actually wanted the content I was making for trickle income, so I'm just gonna take a couple days for Me before I throw myself at the job market.

My most popular stuff has been my album reviews. I'll put a price on them and write them by request, once I figure out how to price them.

Might set it at a flat rate of 100 per album for bands and labels, and as a courtesy for fans who donate anything. The fans could get something super good or super unprofessional, the bands and labels are going to get High Quality Stuff and (unless they TRULY suck enormous ass) a positive review.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

I also learned today that we're getting a continuation of the increased PUA payouts, just reduced.

the pick-up artists union is really worth those dues, huh?

QuoteSo I'm way more confident, homelessness might be over for me.

I'm really glad to hear that, Altered! How's your headspace been these last few weeks?

LMNO

I returned to Chicago from Texas.

I'm in the between space that comes after "arrival feast" but before "second shower so you REALLY FEEL as clean as you actually are". The cat is worse than I remembered in some ways, also twice as big and floofed out like an expensive plushie. So soft. I've taken a few claws to the face to touch the fuzz already.

I also learned today that we're getting a continuation of the increased PUA payouts, just reduced.

For me, that gives me loads of ride time while I look for work. So I'm way more confident, homelessness might be over for me.

So good to hear that!

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2020, 11:30:09 PM
Well, my job is probably moving to Cheyenne after all, but my boss just hit me with sack of money so I guess I'm going.

Bad news/good news is the best you can hope for in 2020.

wait

WAIT

wait.

they're letting you out of Arizona?

is this one of those Orpheus things where if you look back over your shoulder, ZIP ZORP SKEEBELOP ALOOP, Doug Doucey kicks your ass back home?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on July 24, 2020, 02:06:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2020, 11:30:09 PM
Well, my job is probably moving to Cheyenne after all, but my boss just hit me with sack of money so I guess I'm going.

Bad news/good news is the best you can hope for in 2020.

wait

WAIT

wait.

they're letting you out of Arizona?

is this one of those Orpheus things where if you look back over your shoulder, ZIP ZORP SKEEBELOP ALOOP, Doug Doucey kicks your ass back home?

Wyoming is apparently just Arizona's basement.
Molon Lube

Cain

Wyoming is what you get when you ask your parents for Arizona, and they tell you that they have Arizona at home already.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 24, 2020, 07:53:10 PM
Wyoming is what you get when you ask your parents for Arizona, and they tell you that they have Arizona at home already.

This. 

Also mosquitoes and ice age conditions.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Cramulus on July 24, 2020, 02:02:11 PM

the pick-up artists union is really worth those dues, huh?

Watch it, stache man. I'll peck you like a chicken.

QuoteSo I'm way more confident, homelessness might be over for me.

I'm really glad to hear that, Altered! How's your headspace been these last few weeks?

WEIRD

Like good but also panic and now BAM all the sudden I'm just not worried at all because I have coast time to spare? Weird shit. Looking for work starting Mon or Thurs depending on my mood.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

If you don't just wake up back in Tucson on the 1st Jan in 2021, you might need to rewrite some of your old content.

If you need advice on surviving weather that allows rubber to remain solid in sunlight, I have loads of it, like this:

If the thermometer says 75, it is safe to step outside without sunglasses, suntan lotion, parasol or solar protection suits. You can walk like it's inside of your house.

If the thermometer says 50, you may see other people continuing to walk around like it's inside of their house. Do not attempt to emulate them: they are the Fair Folk and they will curse you to age to a withered husk overnight. Instead, wear pajamas underneath your regular outside clothes.

If the ground looks like clean white sand outside, do not go outside. That is cocaine, and the feds are watching.

Juana

Quote from: altered on July 24, 2020, 09:34:52 PM
If the ground looks like clean white sand outside, do not go outside. That is cocaine, and the feds are watching.
:lulz:

Also, YAY ALTERED!! 🎉🎉🎉
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

I repeat my prediction from Facebook: Howl will well and truly go feral, and be the Wild Man™ the Goddess meant him to be. We'll hear about him on the news as the Sasquatch.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on July 24, 2020, 11:20:46 PM
I repeat my prediction from Facebook: Howl will well and truly go feral, and be the Wild Man™ the Goddess meant him to be. We'll hear about him on the news as the Sasquatch.

Well, yeah.  It's not like I'm gonna start wearing pants.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

Yay Altered! I know you hate me but fuck it, I hope it works out in spite of your hate for me, I curse you to happiness. Now I go back to lurking.

altered

Whole fucking gunfight near me. I'm far from downtown so this wasn't feds. Might have been a gang thing but I don't think so because a squad of cops (including motorcycle cops) went by between the first shot and the rest of them.

Not convinced I wouldn't have been hamburger if I was outside at the time, bullets had to have been dividing the air right in front of the door.

Must stress: back around March, this neighborhood's scariest threat was package theft.