News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cramulus on July 29, 2020, 01:43:51 PM
-Musty Old Bible
I love the smell of old books.  I'm not a candle person, but I'd buy one of those.

I also like petrichor and the scent of lead-free solder.

-Angel's Laundry
Before or after washing?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cramulus on July 29, 2020, 01:43:51 PM
congrats on the new job

do you need suggestions for spiritual candle names? Cause we could help with that

-Angel's Laundry
-Musty Old Bible
-St. Gulik's Secret Stash

Belle Delphine Bathwater
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Gamer Girl Scent will go for big bucks.

The Wizard Joseph

Virgin Waifu Pillow

Definitely Not Virgin Waifu Pillow

Unscented Zen

Caramel Social Collapse

Lavender Teargas

Boring Vanilla Lover
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 30, 2020, 01:31:24 AM
Virgin Waifu Pillow

Definitely Not Virgin Waifu Pillow

Unscented Zen

Caramel Social Collapse

Lavender Teargas

Boring Vanilla Lover

:lol:
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 30, 2020, 03:02:17 AM
Still not dead yet.

Both good to hear AND a cool name for a scented candle.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

chaotic neutral observer

Still not dead yet.
Hi, QGP!

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 30, 2020, 03:48:32 AM
Both good to hear AND a cool name for a scented candle.
"Not-Dead-Yet Battlefront" was also the temporary name of a certain misotheistic revolutionary group, as I recall.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Still not dead yet.

Best news all week. Keep living, we're here for you.

Unrelated: I got a plague diary entry to write up, but here's the kicker: all I got for my fucking trouble was BAD MATCHA. I didn't even know that was possible.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

What could be worse than bad, misspelled macha?

Well now that you mention it...

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

*and Joe could never honorably return to PD again, not that he stopped*

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

First: not misspelled, simply an obsolete Romanization that was adopted as the English word. This is how all of our Greek roots are, by the by, we misspell all of them to better match English orthology. All the "ch" words are actually "kh", and so on. But yeah. Check the wiki page for Matcha, it's in the info box.

Second: there are things worse than bad matcha, but not many things that you can be mistaken into looking forward to that also involve an entry in the Plague Diary thread. Soon.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

More spiritual candle names:

- yoni egg
- SMoKy QuArTz
- thieves vinegar (must smell like star anise and the sharpest white vinegar you can find)
- hand of glory
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: altered on July 30, 2020, 05:15:23 AM
First: not misspelled, simply an obsolete Romanization that was adopted as the English word. This is how all of our Greek roots are, by the by, we misspell all of them to better match English orthology. All the "ch" words are actually "kh", and so on. But yeah. Check the wiki page for Matcha, it's in the info box.

Second: there are things worse than bad matcha, but not many things that you can be mistaken into looking forward to that also involve an entry in the Plague Diary thread. Soon.

I misspelled it on purpose knowing that it would be taken as a reference to your spelling rather than my own.

I'm regretging it a bit now in the full light of day, but only because shit sounds dire and I was not trying to be that big of an ass.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl