Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

I am also sorry about Altered's troubles.  Had my own scare a few years back, I know how it feels.

Altered, may I suggest you cue up Jethro Tull's "Too Old to Rock and Roll"?  It was what I needed.

Aside from that, I haven't had much to say in the last 4 years.   I have something to say now, though, once it's done percolating.  Sometime today, I think.
Molon Lube

Bovine19

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2020, 03:17:51 AM
Waiting room is full.  Bovine19 seems to be RWHN.

What's a RWHN?

Greetings, how goes the day?

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2020, 01:11:26 PM
I am also sorry about Altered's troubles.  Had my own scare a few years back, I know how it feels.

Altered, may I suggest you cue up Jethro Tull's "Too Old to Rock and Roll"?  It was what I needed.

Aside from that, I haven't had much to say in the last 4 years.   I have something to say now, though, once it's done percolating.  Sometime today, I think.

For me, I just needed to get into a good fuck-you mindset to the people who kept putting me in fucked up health-destroying situations.

So I listened to Coal Chamber, the songs Rivals and One Step did what I needed. Mostly One Step.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Altered: get your ass to a COVID test. Cardiac events in our age bracket are a potential symptom.

The Johnny

Quote from: Bovine19 on July 31, 2020, 01:26:25 PM

What's a RWHN?

Good day sir, do you happen to have an opinion on DRUGS?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

minuspace

Some asshole with a Galaxy s9+ just connected to my Bluetooth and is spoofing WiFi at the studio. Color me impressed (fuck you, I HATE changing passwords)

ETA; landlord just got a new caretaker that also went through my mail... Thanks

"com.apple.bluetooth.sensorTracking.stateChanged" has been registered 23420 times - this may be a leak
Jul 31 13:46:11 XXX com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent): Service only ran for 5 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 5 seconds.

ETA: and then, when confronted, they obfuscate with piddle about IP addresses... PWNED

... added VPN auto connect and going for a run

altered

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2020, 07:58:57 PM
Altered: get your ass to a COVID test. Cardiac events in our age bracket are a potential symptom.

I will, but it's super unlikely to be that because of the sheer number of risk factors I have for cardiovascular problems (frankly it's surprising I didn't have one in Texas) and the specific cause (lifting and moving heavy stuff while having a freak-out panic attack for the third straight hour, in the sun).

When it comes to cardiac events, I am well above and beyond where I should be by my age. The smoking, the meat heavy diet, the stress. COVID should strike me dead to the ground instantly, and I have no other symptoms. I am tired by the normal amount, my rare coughs have obvious triggers (inhaling food for instance), and I have, if anything, more energy since I'm not wasting it doing tasks that require a lot of energy.

Again, I'll get the test. It's free here, after all. But I won't be worried.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bovine19

Quote from: The Johnny on July 31, 2020, 09:31:20 PM

What's a RWHN?

No?

POFP

Quote from: Bovine19 on August 01, 2020, 12:34:04 AM

What's a RWHN?

No?

I'm not gonna be cool until he does a FAT LINE OF WEED and proves he's cool.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PoFP on August 01, 2020, 01:57:37 AM

What's a RWHN?

No?

You're just a shill for Big Cool.
Molon Lube

Juana

What's a RWHN?

No?
Hello newb, you're in for a bit of a trial.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pergamos

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on July 29, 2020, 07:50:14 AM
Hey guys, I'm back! 2020 has somehow failed to kill me thus far. should ask for my fucking money back.

recently got a new job producing spiritually themed candles for a local small business. Pays better and is safer than what i would have been doing before the pandemic, so i'm pretty happy with it. Also we make dick candles, which is still funny.

Spiritually themed dicks?

POFP

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 01, 2020, 02:27:03 AM
Quote from: PoFP on August 01, 2020, 01:57:37 AM

What's a RWHN?

No?

You're just a shill for Big Cool.

I'm completely within my right to charge as much as I want for my Cool!   :argh!:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Bovine19

Quote from: Juana on August 01, 2020, 02:31:56 AM

What's a RWHN?

No?
Hello newb, you're in for a bit of a trial.

And tribulations?