News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It might actually be that hot in London. Inbetween the urban heat island effect, the humidity and the fact everyone in this country is built to absorb and trap heat, I am willing to bet there is at least 5C on whatever is reported as the actual temperature.

Pergamos

In Washington it just didn't stop raining,  Usually it stops in July, it didn't.  We've had a little summer heat, and then it started raining in August too, which it really doesn't do.

Better than what you poor saps are getting, but still concerning.

Junkenstein

Currently working out of a cave.

The echoing laugh you hear in the distance is me.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

At least I know the thunderstorms are on their way. Should also rain overnight, which will help. The days aren't so bad, it's the nights that are killing me.

Bruno

Roger stone is coming to a church about 30 mile from my house. it's Pastor Greg Locke's church. You may have been unfortunate enough to have seen him on FB or some other interweb. He was recently noted for threatening "I'm going to take these work boots and I'm going to kick your teeth down your throat" to a Dunkin Donuts employee for telling him to wear a mask in his store. Which he then bragged about on his youtube.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2020/08/trump-loving-anti-mask-pastor-threatens-dunkin-donuts-employee-with-assault/

Christ, what an asshole.
Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Bruno on August 11, 2020, 06:04:39 AM
Roger stone is coming to a church about 30 mile from my house. it's Pastor Greg Locke's church. You may have been unfortunate enough to have seen him on FB or some other interweb. He was recently noted for threatening "I'm going to take these work boots and I'm going to kick your teeth down your throat" to a Dunkin Donuts employee for telling him to wear a mask in his store. Which he then bragged about on his youtube.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2020/08/trump-loving-anti-mask-pastor-threatens-dunkin-donuts-employee-with-assault/

Christ, what an asshole.

Every day the light
further dwindles from my eyes
Fuck off Roger Stone
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on August 09, 2020, 03:29:30 PM
It's 95F in London. Everything is horrible and I want to die in a freezer.

But hey, at least it's a wet heat.

Juana

That sounds like living in an armpit, Cain. Hope it cools down a bit!

My district is doing distance learning for the foreseeable future and I'll still be getting work, so now I have to make a work station in my tiny house. I found some shelves on Craigslist so I'll be able to use my vanity as a desk, at least.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

chaotic neutral observer

Some tree trimming service was working its way down the back alley, and it seems they snagged an overhead fiber optic line.  It's broken at the utility pole where my house is connected.

Since my internet hasn't gone out, I'm guessing that:

The connection to the head-end is somewhere to the west.
Several of the neighbors to the east will soon be very pissed, if they aren't already.
I'm likely to have a brief outage sometime in the next few days, when the repair guys show up.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on August 11, 2020, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 09, 2020, 03:29:30 PM
It's 95F in London. Everything is horrible and I want to die in a freezer.

But hey, at least it's a wet heat.

I'm so glad Josh Ellis mentioned that on Facebook. He lives in a goddamn desert and he finds London's heatwave unbearable. So it's not just me here, not liking the heat like I do, it really is that bad.

Quote from: Juana on August 11, 2020, 10:35:18 PM
That sounds like living in an armpit, Cain. Hope it cools down a bit!

Apparently today will be the last of the worst of it. Tomorrow will drop below 30C and the thunderstorms will properly hit, then on Friday it will be about 25C during the day. After that, it's back to 22C days and 15C nights.

Doktor Howl

Cain, the waiting room is full.

LOOKS like all bots, but I didn't want to zap any because I'm not entirely certain.
Molon Lube

Cain

Good call, they were all bots. I watched them piling up but it was too hot to do anything

Elder Iptuous

Man. I'm feeling so thirsty for an -ism, lately!
Just mentally exhausted from the Shit Going On, and slogging through nuance and a lack of -ism fueled certainty.

It looks so tempting.  I see folks everywhere drinking their curriculum, and dining on channels, and they seem so satisfied...

Was hung mung ecstatic or despondent as he slapped his ass?  I used to be the former, but am currently feeling the latter.

Please advise.

Cain

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on August 13, 2020, 12:20:11 AM
Man. I'm feeling so thirsty for an -ism, lately!
Just mentally exhausted from the Shit Going On, and slogging through nuance and a lack of -ism fueled certainty.

It looks so tempting.  I see folks everywhere drinking their curriculum, and dining on channels, and they seem so satisfied...

Was hung mung ecstatic or despondent as he slapped his ass?  I used to be the former, but am currently feeling the latter.

Please advise.

In 2020, you only have two choices:

or

Or whatever the fuck this is

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.