News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Grrr, the storm has not started yet, even though it's super dark outside. It's still hot, though thankfully not as hot as it has been

Chelagoras The Boulder

its so hot here in CA i have been contemplating buying several bags of ice, tossing them in the tub and laying on them until a bath results.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

I've heard. Wasn't it predicted to be like 115F on the coast? Even with building for air flow and A/C, that's too hot. Like, Italians take into account heat and I've been in Rome when it's above 110F and it's still miserable.

Doktor Howl

Welcome to Tucson, everyone!   :lulz:
Molon Lube

POFP

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 17, 2020, 03:15:32 PM
Welcome to Tucson, everyone!   :lulz:

If you can't come to Tucson, Tucson will come to you.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

LMNO

Hey y'all, just got back from Montana.  The landshark menace has been beaten back for another year.

Now, I need to get a brain tickle and stay inside for 2 weeks.

The Wizard Joseph

Some dipshit just rolled up in the glass door of the dojo. About my height and fairly built, upright posture. Wore a skully cap and long sleeve light jacket on a fine August night, gloves. Had himself a striker baton in his hand. I was sitting on the couch tucked up to the left of the door in the front room. A buddy of mine I had invited by was sitting more in sight from the door tucked up to the right.

Dude quickly realized my friend was sitting there as he played a video game and looked up. Motherfucker bolted. He was unmasked and clearly not expecting to see anyone. He was clearly dressed and prepped for a little game of smash and grab. Whoever he was he was fast enough to be gone by the time we got up and out the door, quiet enough that I caught no footfalls.

Despite seeing that some of the lights were on and looking like a pro or at least fairly smart amateur he expected nobody to be in or he would not have stepped up. I sold my car today. It has sat out front announcing my presence every night for weeks lights on or off. I'm certain this guy had a plan and was specifically targeting the dojo. The first time my car was gone from its usual place seems like a bit too strong of a coincidence. We made him, but only my friend got a clear look at his face. I don't think he was even aware of me as I remained still. My plan if he swung was to spread a blanket to hand on the couch to cover the glass as I was barefooted. The rest is whatever.

I have no reason to believe he will be back soon, but I suspect he might try a do over at some point if he spots all the lights out when my car never comes back. Some of the weapons and equipment are quite valuable on the right market.

I may just arrange a surprise for him if he does. I don't need much light. Gonna have an interesting conversation with the sensei come tomorrow.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

Apparently there's a wave of people seeking out trans women to brutalize them in public.

No one is doing anything to help them. Cops walking past laughing. And the trans community, largely extremely left wing, is saying "arm up and play like you're in a warzone".

So, since I'm in Chicago, and it's bad here and the weapon laws are insanely punitive, I just am not going to go outside anymore for any reason ever.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

To be clear, I've only been going out for food and necessities, and only during the day. But now I don't feel like even that's a good idea and I feel like my best bet is to not go anywhere at all.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

:mad:

Times get bad and the opportunists are out in force. Sounds like the brown shirts have just learned to be metastic self directed cells instead of an organized formal heirarchy. God fucking damn it. Stay safe as well as you can altered.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Fuck, you just can't catch a break!

Doktor Howl

So, I am being stalked by Ron Paul Weed XXX dude.

On the even creepier side, he now lives about 45 minutes away.

On the less creepy side, he's not actually scary and I don't care.

:lol:
Molon Lube

altered

Just give him the gas face if you see him in real life, he'll spontaneously launch his intestines out through his toenails.