News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

That's not good! :eek: how is the kid doing?

Quote from: altered on September 05, 2020, 03:32:28 AM
Actually, sorry, I have been one place outside of the house in recent times: Best Buy, dropping off my busted laptop. I was wearing my respirator with N99 filters and nonvented goggles, and I slathered everything in hand sanitizer, changed my clothes and got a shower as soon as I returned.

I did not even have anyone get closer than 5 feet by /accident/ the entire time I was there, and the one invasion of my 6 foot bubble I held my breath for the duration of. (And that person was masked up like I was, thank god.)

My risk from Best Buy seems extremely small. Extremely. Meanwhile his cloth mask and unprotected eyes and hanging out at Walmart and in restaurants with friends seems absurdly high risk. So, you know.
Eat him. If he tries to move out, eat him. Can you possibly start looking for another roommate whole he lies like the little coward he is?

On the note of the plague, my sister's in laws both have it, her husband has it, and my sister almost certainly has it, too. The MIL has been hospitalized, her FIL is at home, my BIL just has sore muscles and headaches, and she has a sore throat. 🙃 Hoping her MIL comes home soon and nobody else gets anything worse than the current symptoms.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Trivial

Well, he's fine, a very energetic 3 yr old. We don't know if we have a time bomb or if it's going to go down and up and he's just never going to be in a contact sport.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Note to self for Tuesday:  The term your senile ass can't remember when you need it is "Acoustic emission spectroscopy".
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Trivial on September 05, 2020, 07:44:53 PM
Well, he's fine, a very energetic 3 yr old. We don't know if we have a time bomb or if it's going to go down and up and he's just never going to be in a contact sport.
I cant imagine the worry, at least he's comfortable, hopefully its one of those things that normalises over time
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Juana

Sister is is probably asymptomatic (she had a sore throat but, like, it's fire season). BIL still can't taste it smell, and as far as I know he's still sore and headachy.

The Creek fire is north east of me by like 30 miles and totally uncontrolled. Ash is coming down like the first flurries of snow, though not as much as yesterday. We're okay at least. Fires don't usually make it down to the valley floor from the mountains and I don't actually recall that happening in the 23 years I've lived here.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2020, 06:24:48 AM
Note to self for Tuesday:  The term your senile ass can't remember when you need it is "Acoustic emission spectroscopy".

Apparently, this shit is so new nobody is doing it yet.

So much for "non-destructive testing," fire up the fucking band saw.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Juana on September 07, 2020, 09:41:06 PM
Sister is is probably asymptomatic (she had a sore throat but, like, it's fire season). BIL still can't taste it smell, and as far as I know he's still sore and headachy.

The Creek fire is north east of me by like 30 miles and totally uncontrolled. Ash is coming down like the first flurries of snow, though not as much as yesterday. We're okay at least. Fires don't usually make it down to the valley floor from the mountains and I don't actually recall that happening in the 23 years I've lived here.
Update: sister tested negative for the Rona! 🎉 the Creek fire is a freak and also like 21 miles from me. ☹️

altered

I owe Howl a hate letter still, but while I started the first draft today, I've scrapped it and will not be starting a new one.

Why?

My laptop will be returned to me within the week, as in "I probably pick it up Sunday or Monday", and I'm going to have ever so much more fun typing on that little bastard than fighting with mobile keyboards and tiny screens.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on September 11, 2020, 03:23:25 AM
I owe Howl a hate letter still, but while I started the first draft today, I've scrapped it and will not be starting a new one.

Why?

My laptop will be returned to me within the week, as in "I probably pick it up Sunday or Monday", and I'm going to have ever so much more fun typing on that little bastard than fighting with mobile keyboards and tiny screens.

No hurry, I know you're good for it.
Molon Lube

Trivial

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 09, 2020, 09:04:01 PM

I thought it was something my husband used at his previous job and found I was very wrong.

From how it's described I hope it means I can figure out what something is made of by yelling at it.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Trivial on September 11, 2020, 05:20:35 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 09, 2020, 09:04:01 PM

I thought it was something my husband used at his previous job and found I was very wrong.

From how it's described I hope it means I can figure out what something is made of by yelling at it.

:lol:

More along the lines of "Make the thing yell at YOU."
Molon Lube

altered

THE LAPTOP RETURNS. FUNCTIONAL. WITH ONLY SOME MINOR SMUDGES.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

minuspace

Cain

Alright I'm moving today so if Boris Johnson could not blow up any more international treaties before, say, 1400, that would be appreciated.

Cain

OK, all moved, please proceed with destroying any lingering vestiges of respect for the UK.