Quote from: Bovine19 on September 18, 2020, 06:12:25 PM
Quote from: minuspace on September 14, 2020, 10:25:14 PM
Up next, shit rolls uphill.

"I don't think you understand the gravity of this situation sir!"
"That's classified"

Trivial

Quote from: altered on September 19, 2020, 12:53:09 AM
Quote from: Trivial on September 18, 2020, 09:13:32 PM
Hmm, wondering if moving to Czech republic is a good idea. Well, for someone how has no f'n clue about the language.

Aren't you from Finland? What's wrong there right now?

No, I'm in the US. I don't have enough of anything to claim citizenship elsewhere though.

Honestly I'd take Finland. I'm close to Canada, but I'm not sure that's far enough away.

Czech thing came up on a tech support call.  TV station over there didn't know how to computer.  Had me wondering if I can pull enough strings on the client to get a job there, but you know, the whole getting there.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Chelagoras The Boulder

honestly i'm considering buying a houseboat because a) its probably cheaper than a house and b) maybe once day i'll go out to sea and "wind up" in Canada
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 19, 2020, 05:08:11 AM
honestly i'm considering buying a houseboat because a) its probably cheaper than a house and b) maybe once day i'll go out to sea and "wind up" in Canada

You gotta watch out for those Victoria pirates.
Molon Lube

altered

I have no hope of leaving, so I'm gearing up to die absolutely disgracefully.

And reality wants to give me a head start: the unit below us, being renovated, has a gas leak. A big, stinky gas leak.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: altered on September 18, 2020, 08:50:17 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on September 18, 2020, 07:11:53 PM
hey folks!

how is everyone?

I'd tell you all how I'm doing but it might take too long to explain.

HOLY SHIT PIXIE IS BACK

How many englishmen have you beheaded this year

not enough.

altered

Yeah, noted.

You need to start a contest. I'm sure you can convince your neighbors to join in. Find some wood axes and chainsaws in the back of the shed, and so forth. You can get creative with it. You can get others creative with it. Add an "inventiveness" category, a "style" category, a "hold my pint" category...
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on September 18, 2020, 07:11:53 PM
hey folks!

how is everyone?

I'd tell you all how I'm doing but it might take too long to explain.

:wave: hiya pix!!

Doktor Howl

HI PIX!  :tgrr:  <--- this is how I smile now
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Cramulus

you know, it's funny -- little bit of forum history about this smiley:

the filename is roglol.gif

the reason is because, in my first year on the forum, you made some comment about how the smiley guy is you.

I saved it and gave it that filename during some WOMP project where I was grabbing smileys for some other purpose. So Roglol is Roger Lolling.

At some point, a bunch of forum stuff got corrupted and I handed my archive of emotes to Faust... so now it has the name I gave it in like 2008.

Faust

Had to have the brain tickled, thankfully came back negative, but it was three days of being locked in a room away from herself and the baby, which is a lot of hard work.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

MMIX

Quote from: Faust on September 28, 2020, 09:23:57 AM
Had to have the brain tickled, thankfully came back negative, but it was three days of being locked in a room away from herself and the baby, which is a lot of hard work.

Glad your brain isn't ticklish. It would leave us poor suuferers even deeper in the shit . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Faust

I felt pretty dumb when I went up for it, I thought they just swab the inside of your cheek, its quite invasive, still better to know sooner than spend two or more weeks of uncertainty  otherwise
Sleepless nights at the chateau

MMIX

Can't be too careful when you have sprogs. Also, since its covid, wanting to make it past Xmas is an important consideration
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber