News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on September 29, 2020, 05:24:29 PM
I felt pretty dumb when I went up for it, I thought they just swab the inside of your cheek, its quite invasive, still better to know sooner than spend two or more weeks of uncertainty  otherwise

It's not that bad.

I mean, if you're old like me and your nerves stopped working in 2006.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Unrelated:

I had never before realized that the Grateful Dead had two drummers, and thus twice the loneliness and despair.
Molon Lube

Faust

It shouldnt have been so bad, but it turned out what I had was a sinus infection so they jabbed the source of the fun
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Trivial

Actual work discussion:
"We should take the debate and feed it to the AI captioner.  I want to see what it spits out. Maybe we can use it as a stress test"
"Sure if you want to depress it"
"Or if you want the server to explode"
"Maybe it'll become sentient and destroy everything?"
"I'm not into making skynet"
"Eh, we deserve it"
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

minuspace

So about to prolly lose home of 14 years n a bit. In case anyone was wondering why I wasn't being my normal self shitting the place and all.

The Johnny

Quote from: minuspace on October 03, 2020, 12:57:58 PM
So about to prolly lose home of 14 years n a bit. In case anyone was wondering why I wasn't being my normal self shitting the place and all.

You're like a worse version of Fujikoma, I doubt anyone here has any sympathy left for you.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

minuspace

Quote from: The Johnny on October 03, 2020, 01:30:27 PM
Quote from: minuspace on October 03, 2020, 12:57:58 PM

You're like a worse version of Fujikoma, I doubt anyone here has any sympathy left for you.

This is why I just bring it

minuspace

Chelagoras The Boulder

hey y'all. Roommate recently moved out of our one bedroom apartment, which means I get the bedroom as opposed to the living room. Problem is, the property manager literally did not read the 30 day notice my roommate left which read that I would be remaining in the apartment, listed me as a former tenant and nearly fucked up my ability to pay rent. My sister who works as a social worker was able to scare them into accepting my rent payment, but they've also decided that they now need to verify my income to see if i can afford rent, even as I've already afforded rent. I normally make about 2400/month, but they want someone who makes 3x the rent, which is a whopping 3228/month. I dunno what they intend to do if I cant make that, since I'm fairly certain an eviction ban is currently in effect in my area, but with this gang of dick trippers, anything is possible.

adding to this shit salad is the fact that my boss is cutting back my hours due to the fact that me and my coworker have made and dipped so many candles that we have more than we can sell in the foreseeable future. SIGH.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on October 06, 2020, 04:32:13 AM
hey y'all. Roommate recently moved out of our one bedroom apartment, which means I get the bedroom as opposed to the living room. Problem is, the property manager literally did not read the 30 day notice my roommate left which read that I would be remaining in the apartment, listed me as a former tenant and nearly fucked up my ability to pay rent. My sister who works as a social worker was able to scare them into accepting my rent payment, but they've also decided that they now need to verify my income to see if i can afford rent, even as I've already afforded rent. I normally make about 2400/month, but they want someone who makes 3x the rent, which is a whopping 3228/month. I dunno what they intend to do if I cant make that, since I'm fairly certain an eviction ban is currently in effect in my area, but with this gang of dick trippers, anything is possible.

adding to this shit salad is the fact that my boss is cutting back my hours due to the fact that me and my coworker have made and dipped so many candles that we have more than we can sell in the foreseeable future. SIGH.

What happened is they got embarrassed by their mistake and you must pay for that.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Get your state attorney general on the line, you have rights as an existing tenant and they are trying to fuck you.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 06, 2020, 09:19:47 PM

Get your state attorney general on the line, you have rights as an existing tenant and they are trying to fuck you.
Yeah i figure that since this company sells all its other one bedrooms at about 500 bux per month more than I'm currently paying, they were hoping they could "accidently" kick me out of my place and then jack up the rent on the next poor sap. FML
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Wizard Joseph

Don't have much time and can't catch up the forum, but I will be staying in Gundersen Health Systems' finest COVID psych ward accomodations for an indefinite period of time voluntarily. Still waiting on fast test results to come back to know for sure, but mass COVID exposure happened because some fingerlicking shit knuckle decided to not wear a mask for 1.5 weeks.

I wish COVID would
Step on up 'an throw down
In my personal hood.
This virus can come heavy
This virus can creep light
I my Siblings intend to
Fight fight fight.

Sweet little COVID
Had best kill me
For this whole life
Will have a PHD
In virology

And all the antibodies I ever need to proceed with The Work.

Howl let's see who wins first. I will try to tame or cure Sars cov2. And you keep trying to shatter the galaxy with that femtolaser, whatever that is.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

What with the moratorium on evictions in different states my estimate is no judge would see or ever even sign some shit like that until at least like February. That's the story I tell myself from sites like this in CA httxx://landlordtenant.dre.ca.gov/tenant/protection_guidelines.html

Fujikoma

I'm worried about people, I'm going to shut up now.