News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

We had a customer who had Sales Reps with Printer issues, where their Receipt Printer wouldn't print after each transaction. It's almost undoubtedly a hardware issue, but I figured I'd cover my company's ass (We do the Software, not Hardware.).

Normally, the Service Desk would take this kind of issue, but this one somehow made its way to me (I designed their OS, so any issues the Service Desk can't solve quickly come to me.). I figured: "Fuck it, I'm gonna have fun with it, then."  :lol:

This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

POFP

Quote from: PoFP on October 21, 2020, 04:34:23 PM
We had a customer who had Sales Reps with Printer issues, where their Receipt Printer wouldn't print after each transaction. It's almost undoubtedly a hardware issue, but I figured I'd cover my company's ass (We do the Software, not Hardware.).

Normally, the Service Desk would take this kind of issue, but this one somehow made its way to me (I designed their OS, so any issues the Service Desk can't solve quickly come to me.). I figured: "Fuck it, I'm gonna have fun with it, then."  :lol:

:lulz: :lulz:

THEY SENT A PICTURE RESPONSE:

- Doing my part to make this world weirder.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Cramulus

POFP

Quote from: Cramulus on October 21, 2020, 06:07:43 PM
thank you for your service  :fnord: :lulz:

I may or may not have the access to send custom messages like these to thousands of similar printers across all major US Airports overnight without interrupting any business, and the corporate political sway to brush off complaints about such an operation if I'm discovered.

Currently taking recommendations on custom messages (Must be SFW obviously).

The Johnny

The only good thing that has come out of the election shitfest, was some insult made by some random republican: by calling Democrats "DemonicRats".  :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

Quote from: PoFP on October 21, 2020, 06:53:30 PM

I may or may not have the access to send custom messages like these to thousands of similar printers across all major US Airports overnight without interrupting any business, and the corporate political sway to brush off complaints about such an operation if I'm discovered.

"The man in the brown jacket is not to be trusted, if he uses the phrase 'Borealis', you must leave immediately. Destroy this and do not let him know you are aware"
Sleepless nights at the chateau

POFP

Quote from: Faust on October 21, 2020, 09:22:24 PM
Quote from: PoFP on October 21, 2020, 06:53:30 PM

"The man in the brown jacket is not to be trusted, if he uses the phrase 'Borealis', you must leave immediately. Destroy this and do not let him know you are aware"

:lulz:  :lulz:

I think I thought of a way to milk this long term. Instead of sending it to all of them (We'll keep that in our back pocket for a rainy day), we can target the Self-Checkout machines and send random messages throughout the year without any employees finding out.

Also:

"If you are seeing this message, you have been Chosen. However an imposter has received a similar message, but they have been informed of who you are. Defeat them and you will be rewarded with unprecedented riches, and 100 lbs of flax.

No refunds, and you MUST take the flax.

No flax, no riches.

Even if you lose, you should take the flax. It's in Terminal B Gate 5.

For the love of God, PLEASE take the Flax."

The Wizard Joseph

Went in to the hospital because of plausible CoV2 exposure. Apparently one of the ass hats that lives above the dojo had been positive and largely asymptomatic for 1.5 weeks or so and never once wore a mask. Random encountered him Friday two weeks ago when I went out for a smoke at 4am. He was sitting in his car for some reason. Glad there was a cross breeze and I kept my ever expanding distance as he described his behavior at my gentle questioning. The whole upstairs dormatory shares air ducts, a hallway, and two bathrooms with poor ventilation and light. It's fucked. Fortunately indeed the dojo is on its own airway system. I had to go get tested. My efforts to secure the dojo have required me to expand influence on the block. Casual contacts are just part of the Game, though I was careful about actual physical contact.

It was recommended after I passed the rapid test that I voluntarily get into Behavioural Health when my hypomanic symptoms apparently provoked a drug screen at urgent care and came up negative for stimulants. I consented. This was undoubtedly the best decision I have made in a decade at least. You guys never knew me on a proper dose of lithium and a mood stabilizer. Like a failspag I stopped taking it in 2009 or so. Figured I could handle it. It damn near killed me a few short years ago and was driving me to mania in a time of global crisis.

*ahem*

I was wrong.

Fortunately now with 'm brain juices set right my mind feels clearer and MUCH faster if anything absent the bipolar static in my signal. It's like when you finally flush and change the oil in an engine long neglected and filthy, or pull that nasty hunk of hair and horror from a slow draining bathtub. Lithium fucks some people right up and hollows other folks out. To me it's that good ass synthetic motor oil I have been missing for so long I FORGOT what healthy function looked like.

The sensei wants me out of the dojo over winter by Nov 1. I have no idea how that will work out, but work out it will. My network of friends and favors owed is extensive and my talents feel newly sharpened in a mind feeling so keen that I am still adjusting to it.

TLDR: The ST let me do a deep RP sesh and buy off some of my nastier mental disads. We're playing on God Mode difficulty now and still in the pregame. Fortunately I have a LOT of XP banked up. 8)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

I'm glad to hear the meds are helping stablise your moods. As you say, mania and a global pandemic are not a great mix.

I hope you figure something out re: living arrangements. Not much of a deadline to sort things out.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on October 23, 2020, 03:09:25 PM
I'm glad to hear the meds are helping stablise your moods. As you say, mania and a global pandemic are not a great mix.

I hope you figure something out re: living arrangements. Not much of a deadline to sort things out.

Yeah. I am quite good at urban survival, but I would rather be on about my education and projects, especially with 'Rona running all over the place. It's more likley that I will strike a bargain with a close friend in the short term and the LaCrosse county and city have a very strong tradition of social programs as a sort of one time reboot. I will have a county social worker by Monday. Might spend the weekend of Halloween into early November in Racine. Essentially I am looking to set up shop in both areas. There is a fair amount of housing sitting vacant in the neighborhood and I can continue to expand influence on the block and watch over the dojo if I can get set up like a block away.

I have VERY little stuff, and so my mobility is pretty high. Some can sit in the dojo basement effectively indefinitely. I'll be fine. I kind like me a challenge anyway.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Fujikoma

Just a passing thought, but have Trump cultists gone too far? I mean it not in the way it may appear at first glance, I mean, is it ok to view our friends and family that we've since cut ties with over fanatical endorsement of a lying shitbag narcissist, as victims of a cult mentality and welcome them back as though everything is ok once all this is said and done? Or is the root of betrayal so deep that there can be no healing from it? I know what I think and feel about it, I'm just curious how others view it.

The Johnny

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 25, 2020, 02:25:52 PM
Just a passing thought, but have Trump cultists gone too far? I mean it not in the way it may appear at first glance, I mean, is it ok to view our friends and family that we've since cut ties with over fanatical endorsement of a lying shitbag narcissist, as victims of a cult mentality and welcome them back as though everything is ok once all this is said and done? Or is the root of betrayal so deep that there can be no healing from it? I know what I think and feel about it, I'm just curious how others view it.

We're nowhere near a point where "all has been said and done", election night might just be the beginning.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Fujikoma

Very true. Wishful thinking on my part most likely.

EDIT: Wanted to thank you, TheJohnny, for not shitting on my head for wishfully thinking. Your thoughtful and reasonable response is enough to get me to recognize my own error. We'll have to see what happens on and after election day. There are some who believe Trump is a symptom of a larger disease, I happen to think they're correct. It's silly of me to think the disease is going away with one symptom treated.

Cain

What would be the point in welcoming people back if they do not realise the magnitude of their error? Forgiveness without a recognition of doing wrong is just licence for future similar acts

Bruno

I haven't cut ties with any relatives over Trump even though the vast majority of them do support him. I already knew they were a bunch of stupid ignorant hicks. That's why I moved out of that county 30 years ago. Of all the friends I've made since then, I don't think any of them are Trump supporters. Apparently, growing up in Dumbfuck County gave me idiot radar that's swole AF, at least for that specific kind of idiot.
Formerly something else...