News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 30, 2020, 01:05:20 AM
Wait, why does he/she get ignored and not me? Nevermind, maybe I don't want the answer.

Okay.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2020, 01:55:20 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on October 30, 2020, 01:05:20 AM
Wait, why does he/she get ignored and not me? Nevermind, maybe I don't want the answer.

Okay.

He made several assumptions in those last two posts, which i find comical, but i was on a good mood.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Fujikoma

I see. I'll likely have to read that a few dozen times to make sure I understand what's being communicated, but regardless, it wasn't my intent to be irritating (at least, not there, it usually isn't save every now and then). I suppose some things just come naturally for me. Point taken that nobody wants a slice of life or certain explanations. In hindsight most, if not everyone here understands those concepts, probably better than I do. I'll try to keep that in mind before making any more posts, though I may slip at times.

The Johnny

There's two main forms of expression, either you vomit out your thoughts or you have an intent at communication.

Nobody likes thought vomit. A friend will tolerate it and help you clean it up. Someone who is indifferent will think, what the fuck is this, and move on. Your adversaries will mash your face against it. Therapists are the PAID clean-up crew. Then theres rare cases where researchers can make some use for it.

Then theres communication which can either have a constructive or malicious intent. Communication with malicious intent is just about getting a reaction out of somebody.

In short, you, and some other people i dont care to mention, are for all practical matters, vomit covered sealions.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Fujikoma

Point taken, I will seriously consider this. I can kind of see where you're coming from so already partway to giving it some serious thought.

Doktor Howl

One thing you can do is recognize your hostility for what it is, and stop.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

I'll hostility your vacuum collapse. You didn't think about me or anyone else, just that sweet, sweet payoff.

Fujikoma

Nevermind, obviously that was satire and I was trying to play into the joke. Can you point out how I'm hostile? I'd like to know because I don't see it from here, but that doesn't mean I don't react in a hostile fashion, like, previously, ugh.

The Johnny

Simping for the woman that was:

1. Being passive-agressive
2. Expressing irresponsible and ignorant advice
3. Arguing with someone with experience with psychiatric medication, and others with master's level expertise on the field.

Also, simping for RHWN's alt account:

1. Whom is a boot-licking fascist lap-dog.
2. Is an enthusiastic shill for not only the drug war, but also the prison industry.
3. Has a mental disability that gives him a compulsion to do kindergarden level puns and one-liners.
4. Which is the central cause of 500 or so pages of drug threads and waste of human hours (and oxygen, btw).

Also:

-Pestering Altered, if i recall correctly
-Getting weird on Dok
-Telling me im "afraid" of "novel points of view" and that "im stuck in an echo chamber"
-Derailing threads with nonsense
-Sealioning to get me to write this, i guess

So you alternate between small plateaus of insight and human speak, just enough to bait everyone and then right away dive into the depths of the valley of shitposting.

Really i shouldnt even bother writing all of this out, but this is a testament to how bored i am, how i over-analyze things, and well, a reminder of how people that cant regulate their emotions are incapable of having a good discussion or conversation. Cause its not about ideas after all isnt it? Its just about getting off in the most short-sighted way you can muster.

-B.F. Skinner

altered

This is why I do bad things when Fujikoma starts to tickle me the wrong way, Johnny. I am terminally bored and I have so much free time. I can devise and execute complicated plans to make Fujikoma dance around all funny in public for me and then I have passed significant amounts of time and have been rewarded for doing so.

You should consider evil. It really is more rewarding.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

As far as arguing with the woman who was giving bad advice:

I have psychological problems, so I have experience with those wtf moments when shit goes upside down. She does too apparently. Being disenchanted with the history of psychiatry is completely understandable, given my own experiences. That said, I believe in the current state of psychiatry, I trust my psychiatrist and I take my pills everyday, and I've expressed before that I think it's irresponsible not to. I've heard horror stories though, and I can't blame everyone for not being immediately on-board with every aspect of psychiatry and sometimes looking for solutions outside the box. I recognize how dangerous that is and that in an ideal world, we'd all just trust our doctors and give it a try, that said, the abuses of the past are still fresh in memory and not at all distant from us. It sucks that trust has been damaged so much, but I respect why it has. Almost every one of my posts was stressing the importance of trusting your doctor, but it's really hard sometimes and I can show respect for someone who doesn't trust the experts without being a "simp", a simp is someone who expects something in return and is such a tired word, like the right wing throwing the word "cuck" around. I said many times that things aren't like they once were and to trust the people who went to school for a long time to know what the actual fuck they're talking about.

RWHN: Didn't know I'd been defending him, but based on what I've read it's very wrong. Was likely a knee-jerk response to seeing everyone relentlessly shit on anyone with a slightly different opinion, but in his case he deserves no respect or patience, I can see why that would upset someone and didn't realize I'd done that. The point is taken and that sometimes I need to shut up and just let the adults handle things when issues like that crop up. There's really not a good excuse for coming to the defense of someone like that, so I'll admit that was one of many serious fuckups on my part.

Altered: Didn't mean to pester Altered. I like Altered's posts, even though some of them are especially venomous. I mean it when I say I wish the best for Altered and I get worried when Altered doesn't post for a while. Sure Altered spammed my email account with some weird spam-mail, and when that happened it hit me that she was really upset and that she might step it up a notch if I upset her further, I chose to remove myself from the equation for then because I have people and situations I deeply care about and someone's grudge over the internet was not something I wanted to feed into. That's not the hill I wanted to die on, in other words.

Doctor Howl: Of all the things I regret, one of the ones I regret the most is antagonizing Howl. Howl has posts of substance and I enjoy reading them. The Billy thread is one of the major things that keeps me coming back and reading. I may not always agree with his thoughts or manner of communication, but I read his posts because I like the way he expresses himself. There's really no excuse for me antagonizing Howl in the past, beyond some childish shit like "He started it!" when really he didn't and I deserved the shit I got from him.

In all, I can see how I've shat the bed, and hoping people will graciously sweep it under the rug yet again is asking a bit much... hell, when I started posting here a decade ago I was a shit-eating Libertarian tool, I've grown since then, in no small part thanks to the pushback I experienced here. I find myself wondering if I'd have the same views if I hadn't stuck my toe in the waters and experienced the bubbly swarming of pirhanas. But as has been pointed out to me, there are people who simply take, and then there are people who give back. I must admit I have no idea how to give back in such a community. Not exactly equipped well enough intellectually to do much other than crack a few jokes hopefully people don't take the wrong way.

I appreciate your responses, Johnny. I know you likely didn't want a few paragraphs of mind-vomit but that's the only way I know how to express my thoughts. I'll work on that as things progress.

Fujikoma

But no, I don't sea-lion, that's where you're actually %100 wrong. There's no bad faith here. I do read, I do listen, I do carefully consider. I won't lick your butthole but I will hear what you have to say and spend a while digesting it. It won't be immediate, sadly. It will be something I stew on and consider from multiple angles, something I test out, something I keep at the back of my mind during all interactions, before it eventually sinks in. Rome wasn't built in a day, but evidence suggests it can burn in one.

MMIX

James Bond is dead -
sorry to interject IRL shit :(
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Fujikoma

Shit, which James Bond? Did he get lazered from crotch to face? If not Howl hasn't been doing his job. Sorry, respect for the dead, which one?

EDIT: Apparently live and let die didn't work out.

MMIX

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 31, 2020, 12:56:48 PM
Shit, which James Bond? Did he get lazered from crotch to face? If not Howl hasn't been doing his job. Sorry, respect for the dead, which one?

EDIT: Apparently live and let die didn't work out.
There is only one - but some call him Connery, Sean Connery . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber