Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Faust

Quote from: MMIX on October 31, 2020, 02:04:37 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on October 31, 2020, 12:56:48 PM
Shit, which James Bond? Did he get lazered from crotch to face? If not Howl hasn't been doing his job. Sorry, respect for the dead, which one?

EDIT: Apparently live and let die didn't work out.
There is only one - but some call him Connery, Sean Connery . . .

He was a good age, but still hurts, it will be Diamonds are Forever or Goldfinger tonight if we can get the sprout to stay in her bed.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Fujikoma

I will miss him. I don't know what to say other than I loved his thick accent. What did him in anyway?

Cain

Unknown. He'd apparently been ill for some time, and he was also 90, so it could be any number of things.

Cain

I think Trump might have had Sean Connery killed

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on October 31, 2020, 09:08:36 PM
I think Trump might have had Sean Connery killed

The lone survivor sat shivering from blood loss and fatigue as his CO tried once again to get a coherent debriefing. The mission parameters had allotted for high casualties but nobody had been prepared for near total losses. Of 12 brave men only this last remained, and not much of him at that. The only mission record was the suprisingly easy ingress to the British black site where Connery had been housed while recieving the Queen's own longevity treatments. The orders were shoot on sight, but the point man had understandably hesitated on seeing Connery lying in stately repose. It was all that had been necessary for the knight to turn his oxygen mask into a flamethrower and strike a panic button. All comms and reportedly all electronic devices had immediately malfunctioned. The entire team had proven grossly unprepared for hell to open up beneath them.

"CAN YOU CONFIRM TERMINATION OF THE TARGET??"

The CO spat as the sole survivor continued to look distant and vaguely shook his head, wincing from the hand-shaped tissue damage he had suffered there.

The decision was made to report the "death" through the usual channels anyway. Nobody involved could afford to acknowledge the events of the 30th of October 2020, not even The Crown.

May God have mercy on us all.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Well, I turned 52 today.

Which means I've been in this fucking place for EIGHTEEN YEARS.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

Somewhat longer than I have, but I don't really count my earlier years because I was dumber then than I am now. Happy Birthday, Howl. I'm still dumb and nobody wants me here, fuck that, birthday time.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2020, 03:21:29 AM
Well, I turned 52 today.

Which means I've been in this fucking place for EIGHTEEN YEARS.

Happy birthday. This place is definitely much richer for your participation. I hope you choose to do as I intend to do and keep on dancing the PD shuffle until the lights go out.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Congrats, your PD account is now old enough to go fight in Afghanistan.

The Johnny

Its making me irrationaly angry all this stupid talk about "second wave" of the plague in Mexico.

The 1st wave never ended just cause its an eternal plateau, if anything its a slowly rising flood.

Now, Italy and Belgium, those aint "second waves" those are fucking TSUNAMIS.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 01, 2020, 03:30:19 AM
Somewhat longer than I have, but I don't really count my earlier years because I was dumber then than I am now. Happy Birthday, Howl. I'm still dumb and nobody wants me here, fuck that, birthday time.

Your birthday wishes to me that somehow became about you are appreciated.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Happy Birfday, Dok

Did you get any opportunity to celebrate? birthdays are weird, this time around.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on November 02, 2020, 03:07:27 PM
Happy Birfday, Dok

Did you get any opportunity to celebrate? birthdays are weird, this time around.

My wife and I spent the day together, at home.

I'm okay with that.
Molon Lube

TheAudience

Happy Birthday Dok! I'm wishing you the best!
registered to see the fatberg.