News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 02, 2020, 02:46:33 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on November 01, 2020, 03:30:19 AM
Somewhat longer than I have, but I don't really count my earlier years because I was dumber then than I am now. Happy Birthday, Howl. I'm still dumb and nobody wants me here, fuck that, birthday time.

Your birthday wishes to me that somehow became about you are appreciated.
Of course Dok, glad you enjoyed your birthday. May you have many more.

EDIT: I drank like a fish and pissed a lot of people off to celebrate.

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 02, 2020, 03:17:32 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 02, 2020, 03:07:27 PM
Happy Birfday, Dok

Did you get any opportunity to celebrate? birthdays are weird, this time around.

My wife and I spent the day together, at home.

I'm okay with that.

Those can be the best birthdays.  Congratulations on making it another time around the sun.

The Wizard Joseph

Found out last night that Rona has a grip on my best friend and one remaining love on this soggy, rotten pringle of a world. But hey, maybe it will spare her a horrible cancer death from constant tetraflouroborate poisoning. This world can get fucked. I do believe I shall do some of the fucking my damn myself.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Fujikoma

It terrifies me that a close friend of mine might catch Covid... not only is she vulnerable, because her system hasn't in the past reacted well to illness, but a close and dear family member of hers is vulnerable as well. TWJ I seriously hope your friend's case is one of those cases that is recovered from easily. I'll pray for your friend, but God typically does whatever she feels appropriate. I wish I could offer more, but I'm helpless when it comes to this plague, or, just about anything.

I only mention my own fear of this virus as a way of communicating that I understand how overwhelming and horrible all this is. I don't know what I'd do if I were in your shoes...

Suu

Banned from Facebook for 30 days.
Banned from Twitter for 12 hours.

Good start to election day over here.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Pope Pixie Pickle

hopefully starting the process of an autism assessment on Tuesday. also my fb got hacked so HMU on Pixie O'Fubar for my backup acct

Q. G. Pennyworth

Hey everyone, still Not Dead Yet. Was at Copley Square for the "satanic ritual" where some performance artists ate trumps heart and burned him in effigy. Our local foodbank has capped how many people they will deliver to until we can scrounge up some more drivers, and I'm afraid they may limit it even if we get volunteers to show up. Two more owner occupied cars have joined the permanent one in the parking lot behind Dockside and one of the neighbors we're trying to help is living in a tent.

I've been posting art and packing food. Hope you all are staying busy.

Bruno

I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with who I hate and why I hate them. Is there some kind of specialized shitlist management software out there, or do I just need to learn SQL?
Formerly something else...

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Bruno on November 10, 2020, 03:06:30 PM
I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with who I hate and why I hate them. Is there some kind of specialized shitlist management software out there, or do I just need to learn SQL?

Have you considered adopting general misanthropy?  It cuts down on the paperwork.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 10, 2020, 03:30:54 PM

Have you considered adopting general misanthropy?  It cuts down on the paperwork.

This
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 10, 2020, 03:30:54 PM

You make a valid point, and that is more or less my default state, but it presents itself as a passive sense of mistrust. My sense of aesthetics requires a more scientific approach to active implementation of hatred.
Formerly something else...

Suu

So I live in fucking Virginia now. Despite protestation and attempts to not come here, I'm fucking here.

The good news is that the Navy actually gave us a nice house.
The bad news is that this is Norfolk and apparently gunshots are normal.

This is the biggest fucking Navy installation I have ever seen, and San Diego is massive.

The weather is absolute shit, and being castigated by both my mom and Mr. Suu over the last few days about finding work despite pandemic and not following through with my PhD applications elsewhere has made me so fucking salty that I am drunk applying to random shit all around Hampton Roads. Nothing in my field is hiring because of COVID, so I am going to probably get exposed working retail for the holidays, die, and maybe my parents will feel bad about it. Mr. Suu doesn't want me to work retail, but whatever. I just want to pay down some debt we accumulated from me not working in Jacksonville.

Mr. Suu is back on Sea Duty, so he's not going to be around. There is no reason for me to be in this huge fucking house working at Michaels for 3 years until he retires and we're officially broke forever because COVID killed museums.

Sick of being called a loser by my family. I hope Biden takes all their fucking guns. (He won't, but you know.)

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

My brother spent 6 years in Norfolk.  It's part of why he's an incurable prick (the other part is that the fucker was just born an asshole).

And tell your family to get wrecked.  There's a fucking plague on and nobody needs to hear that kind of bullshit.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2020, 04:20:06 AM
My brother spent 6 years in Norfolk.  It's part of why he's an incurable prick (the other part is that the fucker was just born an asshole).

And tell your family to get wrecked.  There's a fucking plague on and nobody needs to hear that kind of bullshit.

Let's be real, living in New England for 14 fucking years already made me insufferable, but this place is batshit insane and I've only been here 5 days. The locals hate the Navy, the Navy hates the locals. Jacksonville was bad, but I KNEW coming here was gonna be worse. You get sent to LANT to die. Mr. Suu and I have been arguing about it for months, and he was fine with me finding work or school elsewhere, but we ran out of time, and well, pandemic. I have a referred app in with a gobermint-related gig in the DC area, but it's been longer than it should be, so my guess is that it was filled and they never bothered to update USAJobs.

On the upside, NATO is here, so sliding into a think tank position if I can find one here is not out of the question. Otherwise, my PhD application is just waiting on 2 letters of recommendation and $30 at this point. It needs to be in by December 1st. If shit still looks bad next summer, then I'll defer admission a year, but then I'm balls deep in his twilight tour and there be deployments on the horizon.

I'll survive just fine, that's not the issue, I'm just exhausted. Three moves in 4 years is a lot even by Navy standards.

And yeah, mom was nice enough to help us move, and we did need the extra hand, but didn't appreciate her telling me to just be a good wife and stay in the nice big house and "just get a job and deal until he's done." I'm almost fucking 40.

The Wizard Joseph

Well I'm hopping a train south to New Orleans because I have nowhere to stay in Wisconsin and winter is coming on fast. I never intend to reside here again. I have friends and business interests so I may visit from time to time, but I was already looking to make a leap before my car broke down in LaX in June. I have a friend I'm meeting up with in the French Quarter and intend to set down new roots there fairly quickly. I have a couple hundred each in cash and food stamps and a few hundred on my debit card. Managed to pare down my posessions to a stuffed backpack, a rather nice all way roller luggage I got at a thrift shop, and my walking staff, which always goes where I go. In for some challenges to be sure, but my spirit is optimistic and I am as well prepped as an old hand gamer can be for a potentially difficult adventure.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl