News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 26, 2020, 02:25:20 AM
Quote from: Cain on December 26, 2020, 02:11:26 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 26, 2020, 02:01:57 AM
There is human tissue in the wreckage, and there was a gunshot 15 minutes before the explosion.

My first thought was boogs, ain't gonna lie.  But now I think it was a crazy person who set the timer and then shot himself.

I wondered that as well.

Waiting to hear what the FBI have to say before jumping to any conclusions, but that's certainly a reasonable possibility based on the very little we know.

My gut is telling me that the bomb maker is not this nutjob. Something this well planned and executed is likely the work of a dedicated and intelligent madman. Teaching some random psycho schmuck how to set a timer ain't all that hard. I suspect that the problem may well be ongoing. I would give A LOT to hear a recording of the exact message in total. The blast scorched the shit out of trees rather far away indeed. That's a helluva heat wash. Enough to make me wonder if it might have been a bit more advanced in composition and construction than your average hillbilly fertilizer bomb. But I don't know enough to really speculate. I DO see that they're being dodgy as fuck about the deets and how to characterize the event. Whatever it is this is an opening move, not game over.

Here's a video that starts a few seconds before the explosion. Um, trigger warning, maybe?

https://youtu.be/IGfUTy3vX_I

I accept payment in Camel Cash only.

ETA: I guess you already found that. I'm kind of wondering if they used a shaped charge. That building was supposed to be bomb-proof.
Formerly something else...

Cain

I think I'm going to exit this conversation.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on December 26, 2020, 04:22:39 AM
I think I'm going to exit this conversation.

I do not blame you one bit Cain. I think I shall exit myself after this post. I cannot well handle this as my mind is pretty much held together by synthetic positivity and cheap twine since the poisoning.

But I leave this fella's reporting as it was passed to me by a friend who knows a thing ot two on FB. The scope of the damage is horrible and ongoing beyond the ... Whatever that initial effect was.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJsTRs3W/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJsTMFm5/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJsTMomj/
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Good times on the streets of NOLA doing my Wizard thing. Made a little more than bus fare on my first day and upon fiving a large blessed red bead to Mr. Escobar he gave me one of his INCREDIBLE tamales! Met LOTS of cool performers including 2 street magicians and a mother-son pair of cartomancers who drive 70 miles one way to do their thing in NOLA every day. Listening to big brass music on Jackson Square now and enjoying the cool night air!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pergamos

I think the son of that mother son team of cartomancers is a friend of mine on facebook.  If so he's got quite the fascinating back story.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pergamos on December 30, 2020, 10:01:45 PM
I think the son of that mother son team of cartomancers is a friend of mine on facebook.  If so he's got quite the fascinating back story.
Quite possible. He has a marvelous fashion sense! I did not see them today, but spent more time with the street magicians, gav blessed rocks to a seer and a cartomancer... Then I met Raven. More of that story later.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bovine19

Cramulus

I hope everybody got what they wanted for Christmas, which is this:

https://www.nadgerz.com/balldo/

Trivial

Quote from: Cramulus on January 02, 2021, 02:10:55 PM

Sad to say, I did not receive one of those.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Faust

Wow, this looks like a sex toy designed to make sure everyone has a bad time
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Johnny

Quote from: Faust on January 04, 2021, 12:42:44 PM

"How to freak out your local paramedics in one easy step"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

MMIX

Quote from: The Johnny on January 04, 2021, 02:12:16 PM
Quote from: Faust on January 04, 2021, 12:42:44 PM

"How to freak out your local paramedics in one easy step"

Not if you wrap it up nicely and put a big bow on it before you give it to them . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

POFP

EDIT: I'm terrible at joke execution, worse at mixing jokes and sensitive topics, and THE worst at recognizing and appreciating the INCREDIBLE luck I've been blessed with: To have been asymptomatic with COVID, know absolutely no one that has died from COVID, AND have not been impacted, career-wise, by COVID.

Please forgive any stupid insensitivity on my part regarding this post or any others.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Another one of my technicians has died of Covid19, as of about a half hour ago.  I just got the call.

Molon Lube

LMNO