News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Hello PD.

My PC died last April and I just got around to building a new one. With an actual keyboard and no godawful mobile interface to deal with I thought I'd jump on.

So here I am.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

Oh shit.

Another 3 returning posters and there's a full on catastrophe brewing. Meanwhile, texas is a frozen hell. I'm not saying you're responsible, just that you should apologise and make a suitable donation of sledding equipment.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

EoC disappears just as a global lockdown starts. Coincidence? I think not.

Eater of Clowns

I don't believe I'm responsible for either of these things but I don't know enough about me to say that for sure.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

altered

EoC was Running From Mexico at the time, to be fair. I don't think it's fair to put all of this on him, he had quite enough to deal with at the time.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 20, 2021, 01:49:58 PM
Hello PD.

My PC died last April and I just got around to building a new one. With an actual keyboard and no godawful mobile interface to deal with I thought I'd jump on.

So here I am.

How the hell can any sane person go 11 months without a computer?  They can't.
Molon Lube

altered

I can confirm. I went a mere 6 months stuck on my phone in 2020 and it nearly killed me.

It started at the fingertips, and crept up my arms: heavy bruising and what looked like spider bites. By the time I got out of Texas, people were complimenting me on my weird PCB trace tattoos, and by the time I got a laptop again the red marks had started to sprout little WiFi antennae.

Having no healthcare, I had to bribe a surgeon in Chicago into surgically excising the communications circuitry spontaneously growing in my limbs and replacing my now ruined muscles with vat-grown chimpanzee biceps.

The bruising has mostly gone away, but the surgeon said that if I'd gone another 2 months they'd have to behead me, hook me up to a massive machine with a bunch of Tesla coils on it and do the whole brain transfer thing like in bad 50s scifi movies. It's real, by the way.

So I have to agree that EoC couldn't have possibly been entirely without a computer for almost a full year. At least regular computer exposure would be required.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

Sup EOC! How has your insane neverending lockdown been going? you manage to stay healthy and clean?

I'm curious - How has the It Franchise affected your diet?

Doktor Howl

How did the Billy thread get locked?
Molon Lube

altered

I thought you had a reason for doing it, because it's been locked since I saw your last post in it. Admittedly I was like an hour late to read it, but still, it's been locked since shortly after that post.

And I've been asking myself why you'd do that ever since, so, uh, that answers my original question.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on February 23, 2021, 03:23:18 PM
I thought you had a reason for doing it, because it's been locked since I saw your last post in it. Admittedly I was like an hour late to read it, but still, it's been locked since shortly after that post.

And I've been asking myself why you'd do that ever since, so, uh, that answers my original question.

It's possible I did it by accident, but I can't see how I could have.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2021, 03:27:51 PM

It was locked by yourself, its easy to do on mobile though normally I end up stickying things, instead of locking them
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on February 23, 2021, 04:04:42 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2021, 03:27:51 PM

It was locked by yourself, its easy to do on mobile though normally I end up stickying things, instead of locking them

I'm on desktop and there's a 6" gap between post and lock.  Still, it's not impossible.
Molon Lube