News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

I saw the funniest fucking thing imaginable today. In fact, just now.

On another forum, a thread was posted about Rush Limbaugh's death and how great it is. Bunch of leftists and queers — you know, freaks and deviants — rejoicing. And some libertarian transphobe motherfucker comes in to say we should respect the dead.

Everyone's been dunking on this guy, literally universally, for DAYS now, and one particular guy joining in made an awesome post with a sig saying that he was incapable of making good posts. I did a bit about extradimensional legal action, now it's ONE good post and it won't happen again.

This libertarian motherfucker goes "how many have I made?"

I'm not going to answer him. I hope the thread dies with that as the very last post.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

I have good news.

Today, I learned I was accepted into a housing co-op in Chicago. Ongoing costs are affordable, so I am just trying to make 1500 for initial move in and month-of-March survival appear.

Presuming I can manage that, I have met and talked with the members and this co-op is extremely well suited to me. Homelessness beaten??? PERHAPS. It's also located conveniently for my purposes, and has things like a HOUSEHOLD FOOD FUND.

But forget about that, it has a KITCHEN, so I won't be spending 50 godforsaken dollars a day ordering food because I have no way of fucking cooking, the additional food savings from the household food fund are nothing, fucking pennies, by comparison.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on February 25, 2021, 12:50:17 AM
I have good news.

Today, I learned I was accepted into a housing co-op in Chicago. Ongoing costs are affordable, so I am just trying to make 1500 for initial move in and month-of-March survival appear.

Presuming I can manage that, I have met and talked with the members and this co-op is extremely well suited to me. Homelessness beaten??? PERHAPS. It's also located conveniently for my purposes, and has things like a HOUSEHOLD FOOD FUND.

But forget about that, it has a KITCHEN, so I won't be spending 50 godforsaken dollars a day ordering food because I have no way of fucking cooking, the additional food savings from the household food fund are nothing, fucking pennies, by comparison.

Woot! 

People often don't understand how much it costs to be poor.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 25, 2021, 02:21:40 AM
Quote from: altered on February 25, 2021, 12:50:17 AM
I have good news.

Woot! 

People often don't understand how much it costs to be poor.

A friend (thankfully nonjudgementally) asked me why I've been spending 30 dollars a bit under twice a day from this swanky hot dog place instead of just getting dirt cheap burgers from McDonalds.

She didn't realize I had been spending 50 dollars a day doing that, for about a month straight. Yeah, I save about ten dollars a day eating less healthy food that I am absolutely fucking sick of — but that's only if I eat all of the hot dog place's food twice a day.

It actually lasts me one meal extra. Just a handful of leftover food to hit me for breakfast, and then if I'm careful I don't need to eat until dinner. That's about 10-ish dollars a day saved going for the fancy shit.

I wrote a whole bunch after this because I have a lot of vitriol stored up for the motherfuckers who say dumb shit about how I'm wasting my money, but I deleted it because I'd hope everyone here knows better, except whatever libertarians we haven't chased away yet, who are simply too damn stupid to waste good rage on.

LMNO

I hope this work out for you, altered.

altered

Progress is looking good, I have 850 of the 1500 I need at this point and I have the rest of tonight and most of tomorrow to get the rest.

Bonus; I get my credit card today. So I can start building credit. So if/when this runs out? I can actually get a place to live instead of having the unenviable combination of a job and nowhere that will accept my money, AGAIN.

So I can say two cities have been good to me now: Boston and Chicago. If you have to be homeless and you have a support network for basic survival needs and you are able to do honestly really fucking difficult things like acquire and maintain legal identification, I recommend those two cities over the rest of em out there.

altered

I got my credit card.

Something else I got and was NOT expecting: healthcare.

I can finally, finally quit fucking smoking.

I literally have been chained to tobacco because of addiction not to the nicotine, but to the MAOI compounds in it — quitting is easy until after a couple days I completely breakdown into a compulsively self harming anxiety ridden emotional wreck and deal with suicidal ideation and all those other fun things that MAOIs are pretty good at fixing.

No more. I have known for a couple years now the silver bullet for my medication responsive mental health issues. And it’s FDA approved despite being relatively new, and it is a tetracyclic antidepressant that’s already used off-label for sleep aid and smoking cessation as well as its primary use for anxiety reduction. Bam, fuck yeah, half my shit handled in one fell swoop.

With healthcare and the end of my smoking habit, I have some extra money freed up. And with healthcare, I have access to hormones. And then the money to get them.

Good fucking god. If I can get 730 fucking dollars by tomorrow night I’m good to go for the foreseeable future and then some, and I already got 870 in a day so maybe I’m a bit overconfident but fuck. Yes.

EDIT:
REALIZED MY MATH IS OFF

630 DOLLARS AND I AM FREE, THAT IS THE MATH ISSUE I ALWAYS FUCK UP ON

altered

Final update on that side of things....

I got all my move-in costs, and a small buffer just in case. Oh, just, goddamn. Work is the next big fucking task, but the job market weirdness favors me, and I am having enough good luck elsewhere...

altered

I woke up to a request to schedule a job interview. Like literally "oh I'm sorta awake what time is it" grab phone, squint at screen, "oh shit".

What the fuck. Uh, so!

altered

And shortly afterwards my ex roommate here in Chicago is like "hey now that you have healthcare you can get a name change for free, here's the form", so uh this is my life now I guess

LMNO

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 21, 2021, 10:17:11 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 20, 2021, 01:49:58 PM
Hello PD.

My PC died last April and I just got around to building a new one. With an actual keyboard and no godawful mobile interface to deal with I thought I'd jump on.

So here I am.

How the hell can any sane person go 11 months without a computer?  They can't.

I have tendonitis in both my hands from using only my phone for that long. Also because I'm like kinda getting old now?

Some cat on the r/discord posted a new Intermittens and said it'd been 10 years since the first one. Ten years! I remember the debate about naming the god damn rag.

Also I'm really glad things are going well for Altered but, buddy who is Altered?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

This is a lot of posts to catch up on I think I'm gonna mark all read
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

altered

YOURE FUCKED FOREVER

Also I used to go by Nullified last time you were here, then before that a dozen names. I've been off and on homeless for ... years now. Joined originally in like 09, disappeared due to homelessness in 2010-ish? Maybe 2012-ish I was here I don't have clear memory of that time, then I rejoined when the Nazi shitfuck in chief happened, been here intermittently ever since — more this time than my last stint of homelessness since I have a real smartphone and not a flip phone or a 20 dollar android thing.