News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Disregard.  The appeal thing worked.  Wonders never cease.
Molon Lube

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 02, 2021, 10:13:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 02, 2021, 09:41:53 PM
Yes, this belongs in Bring and Brag, but none y'all ever go there.  So:

I wrote and recorded 11 songs in 28 days.  It's rough, but it was fun.

I decided to take on the RPM challenge, which is to write and record ten new songs in February.  Much like NaNoWriMo, the point is to finish them, not necessarily to have them in perfect shape.  Creativity is the goal, rough edges accepted.

Please enjoy my... um... highly specific guitar soloing technique.  I also used that Thatcher speech, too.

https://earfatigueproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-year-that-wasnt-there-an-earfatigue-productions-compilation

Whoop.  Will listen to this tomorrow morning as prep for the meeting I have tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I feel you on the nobody looking at other forums thing.

I am 3/4 of the way through writing something that makes me feel filthy, and it's just sat there.  A few google spiders have looked at it, but meh.  And it's not really a facebook thing.

I have been reading it, just so you know! I'm waiting for the complete product -- I first saw it after you'd done two parts of it, and you successfully addressed some of my concerns with the first part in the second (and now the second in the third) so I'm waiting for you to finish it up before I make any posts in there.

It's an awesome read, for the record, and anyone who HASN'T seen it should go and see it.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Job interview today

Meanwhile I am supposed to be tending a dumpster fire but I told the participants "if you desperately need me well gee that fuckin sucks sorry"
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I just want to know who is using Syn's account.

He was killed in 2008 during a freak guinea pig attack.  It is known.

So who is posting in his name?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on March 03, 2021, 01:13:19 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 02, 2021, 10:13:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 02, 2021, 09:41:53 PM
Yes, this belongs in Bring and Brag, but none y'all ever go there.  So:

I wrote and recorded 11 songs in 28 days.  It's rough, but it was fun.

I decided to take on the RPM challenge, which is to write and record ten new songs in February.  Much like NaNoWriMo, the point is to finish them, not necessarily to have them in perfect shape.  Creativity is the goal, rough edges accepted.

Please enjoy my... um... highly specific guitar soloing technique.  I also used that Thatcher speech, too.

https://earfatigueproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-year-that-wasnt-there-an-earfatigue-productions-compilation

Whoop.  Will listen to this tomorrow morning as prep for the meeting I have tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I feel you on the nobody looking at other forums thing.

I am 3/4 of the way through writing something that makes me feel filthy, and it's just sat there.  A few google spiders have looked at it, but meh.  And it's not really a facebook thing.

I have been reading it, just so you know! I'm waiting for the complete product -- I first saw it after you'd done two parts of it, and you successfully addressed some of my concerns with the first part in the second (and now the second in the third) so I'm waiting for you to finish it up before I make any posts in there.

It's an awesome read, for the record, and anyone who HASN'T seen it should go and see it.

Finished it.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 04, 2021, 04:26:13 PM
I just want to know who is using Syn's account.

He was killed in 2008 during a freak guinea pig attack.  It is known.

So who is posting in his name?

Reverse Syn, aka Nys. We've all seen Tenet by now, we know how that shit works.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I guess we'll never really know.  :horrormirth:
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Doktor Howl

Ever have one of those weeks where the boss talks over you for 5 consecutive days with wrongheaded shit while you're trying to explain a complex process, and then you get home for the weekend and you go on your Zoom thing and a couple of people talk right over you and then giggle when you look upset and so you bail the fuck out and stop caring?

I get those once in a while.
Molon Lube

CorbeauEtRenard

It pleases me greatly that my decision to return to forums as the superior form of online interaction has found at least a few of the old haunts even more active than when I migrated to Facebook (spits) and Twitter (hawks up a loogie and spits).
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: CorbeauEtRenard on March 07, 2021, 11:15:44 PM
It pleases me greatly that my decision to return to forums as the superior form of online interaction has found at least a few of the old haunts even more active than when I migrated to Facebook (spits) and Twitter (hawks up a loogie and spits).

Long time no see, dude.
Molon Lube

CorbeauEtRenard

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2021, 03:29:32 AM
Long time no see, dude.

Yeah, it was fun watching you mess with people on FB until I got sick of Zuck and just didn't log in for six months.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Cain

Understandable, the newest update really is trash. I love how I have to manually reload things constantly and how it acts as a huge resource hog on desktop for absolutely no reason.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 09, 2021, 11:52:44 AM
Understandable, the newest update really is trash. I love how I have to manually reload things constantly and how it acts as a huge resource hog on desktop for absolutely no reason.

Also, notifications in no particular order.
Molon Lube