News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 18, 2021, 03:53:21 AM
Over the last few months i've come to realize that the american left (as opposed to leftist movements elsewhere) is a bunch of useless wankers at best and a bunch of Puritans minus the funny hats at worst. Now the healing can begin.

They made an exchange: The conspiracy offered them a trade, that they can get the feeling of accomplishment for sharing memes and articles about social issues instead of actually having to enact change
Basically they will do anything they can to distract them from the fact the fisbowl is filling with filth
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Chelagoras The Boulder

Yeah, and I wish I'd seen it 4 years ago. Folly of youth and whatnot.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Suu

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 18, 2021, 03:53:21 AM
Over the last few months i've come to realize that the american left (as opposed to leftist movements elsewhere) is a bunch of useless wankers at best and a bunch of Puritans minus the funny hats at worst. Now the healing can begin.

And water is wet.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

chaotic neutral observer

I saw marmite in the grocery store, and decided to try a small jar out of curiosity.

I don't think it deserves its ""Love it or hate it" reputation.  It's not soul-searingly awful, but neither does it have anything to recommend it.

It tastes like salt-molasses, with hints of soy sauce and yeast, but mostly it's just salty.

"Marmite:  Technically edible, disappointingly mediocre."
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Faust

Cram how goes adventures in parenting

At the point now myself where she is starting to be mischievous which is endlessly entertaining.

I am back up to a 6 hour a night sleep after a year and 9 months, unfortunately I cant get the child out of the bed into her own bed so I sleep with a pair of feet pressed firmly into the back of my neck.

Cramulus

So far so good!

Months 1-2 were hell. Baby was super cranky all the time. When we concluded it was acid reflux and put him on a different formula, we suddenly had a different baby! It was so crazy, really like night and day.

Month #3 has been great. At the beginning of the month, he slept through the night for the first time. Right now we probably average .8 wakeups per night. Some nights we get 2, but often we put him down at 7:30 PM and he sleeps til 6:30 AM.

He's ADORABLE. melts our heart every day. Right now he's at the age where he's just starting to learn how to vocalize intentionally, so he's always yelling at us. AIAIAIAIAIAIAIIIIIAAAAAAH! But not in a crying voice, more like he's just telling us his opinions.

I love being a dad. :)

Doktor Howl

Yeah, it's a whole lot of fun.

For me, the favorite age is 4-8.  They're old enough to ask questions, and young enough to want to ask the questions.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

By the way, has anyone heard from Altered/Nullified?

I'm beginning to worry a bit.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 11, 2021, 04:55:44 AM

You should know better than that. I'm like bedbugs: what doesn't kill me turns me into a biblical plague.

Nah, but really, I'm actually doing mostly okay. I'm doing the need-work-need-housing dance again, but I have a wonderful lady I'm seeing later today so it is... really hard to care about my personal trouble.

It's Bloodborne and Glenmorangie 10 yr tonight. It's the second date.

At some point the story will need telling, because we met because A: I met Discordians visiting Chicago, B: I realized I liked not being a hermit, and C: I thought she was a scumfuck Nazi infiltrator.

I haven't been posting because I'm tired and old. I'm using diclofenac gel on my knees, really. I keep intending to post and clean forgetting, or else realizing that I have no valuable contributions.

"I'm homeless on Jan 1st again, but I got a date coming up" is like a minced oath minus the creative writing part, and now that I'm tethered to Chicago (I would die for this woman, I am goddamn well staying in transit range) what can anyone even do to save me anyway?

Sorry for the worry.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on December 11, 2021, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 11, 2021, 04:55:44 AM

You should know better than that. I'm like bedbugs: what doesn't kill me turns me into a biblical plague.

Nah, but really, I'm actually doing mostly okay. I'm doing the need-work-need-housing dance again, but I have a wonderful lady I'm seeing later today so it is... really hard to care about my personal trouble.

It's Bloodborne and Glenmorangie 10 yr tonight. It's the second date.

At some point the story will need telling, because we met because A: I met Discordians visiting Chicago, B: I realized I liked not being a hermit, and C: I thought she was a scumfuck Nazi infiltrator.

I haven't been posting because I'm tired and old. I'm using diclofenac gel on my knees, really. I keep intending to post and clean forgetting, or else realizing that I have no valuable contributions.

"I'm homeless on Jan 1st again, but I got a date coming up" is like a minced oath minus the creative writing part, and now that I'm tethered to Chicago (I would die for this woman, I am goddamn well staying in transit range) what can anyone even do to save me anyway?

Sorry for the worry.

I'm just glad you're alive to check in.
Molon Lube

altered

Alive, and I had a date good enough that IF I am dating a serial killer I will regret not one goddamn thing.

I wore a SWEATER. Not a tacticool one, either: dad sweater, subtype brown-green-grey. And normal cargo pants, to boot. I say again: REGRET COUNT ZERO.

We cuddled and watched a Canadian in the Netherlands shit-talk American transportation infrastructure and urban planning. We lamented a lack of protests to start shit at. We watched her partner (she's poly) put together an Eldritch Horror-type Biblical Angel for a Christmas tree topper. I was introduced to her Nazi Crusher, a literal iron fist. Also her two cats, Enkidu and Gilgamesh. Bloodborne didn't happen because we forgot time passed and suddenly it's been six hours and I really need to be home. She told me to kiss her goodbye.

If I could ask for more, I don't have the language.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

If this lady doesn't kill me, nothing will. I'm driven, now.

Faust

Thats Awesome to hear Altered, nice to hear of people meeting new people and have fun in these strange new times

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 11, 2021, 04:55:16 AM
Yeah, it's a whole lot of fun.

For me, the favorite age is 4-8.  They're old enough to ask questions, and young enough to want to ask the questions.

I'm looking forward to this, we are at the yes/no stage (everything is no)

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on December 10, 2021, 08:48:42 PM
So far so good!

Months 1-2 were hell. Baby was super cranky all the time. When we concluded it was acid reflux and put him on a different formula, we suddenly had a different baby! It was so crazy, really like night and day.

Month #3 has been great. At the beginning of the month, he slept through the night for the first time. Right now we probably average .8 wakeups per night. Some nights we get 2, but often we put him down at 7:30 PM and he sleeps til 6:30 AM.

He's ADORABLE. melts our heart every day. Right now he's at the age where he's just starting to learn how to vocalize intentionally, so he's always yelling at us. AIAIAIAIAIAIAIIIIIAAAAAAH! But not in a crying voice, more like he's just telling us his opinions.

I love being a dad. :)
Yeah we had Colic for the first few months around 8pm, would be a full hour of crying till she burped, that would be hell, but thankfully that was a short phase.

It is great fun, I would recommend later: we got a tiny table and chair for her to draw on and as soon as I finish work I'm dragged over to sit on the other dinky chair, that poor chair has a lot of ass to hold