News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

And while I've been preoccupied with this, SCOTUS basically dismantled Roe v Wade.

They'll be after the Gays next.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

They're just getting started.
Of course they'll still have ways of getting safe abortions. And they'll continue to bounce their (merkin? Furry buttplug?) asses on other mens' faces, molest, harass, rape and generally be sex-obsessed old creeps.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

While Covid psychosis (which I'd never even heard of until today) obviously isn't great, it is better than the alternative.

And yeah, Roe v Wade is just the opening move in a plan to obliterate the Federal state. Note I'm not saying they're not doing it because they don't hate women (they obviously do), just that it's both a goal in and of itself and a stepping stone to further judicial revisions. Gay marriage, LGBT protections in general and very possibly even mixed race marriage will all be in the crosshairs.

altered

The going theory between me and my doctors is COVID psychosis and mirtazapine caused my mental breakdown from mid-February to late April. I hate everyone who doesn't mask at this point with a passion bordering on Biblical vengeance.

One thing I REALLY want to note about the RvW stuff is that they won't be after the gays next, they were already after us. Attacks on trans rights were first, then attacks on LGBT people at large (Don't Say Gay, etc), this is just the first one SCOTUS is helping to codify.

It's also The Case to overturn -- if they can attack the Right to Privacy underpinning it, then everything else falls like dominos because there's no rights violation anymore, practically all of the civil rights movements rely on Right to Privacy as a major argument. And ditching RtP is exactly what the draft does. The draft also throws out all non-originalist case law in the US, and I do mean /all/ -- it cites Matthew fucking Hale, the witch-burning, rape-promoting English magistrate from /17 fucking 36/, as its basis for flipping RvW, because US case law is "not steeped in deep historical precedent" -- slight paraphrase there. Wrong country, continent and period of time -- doesn't fucking matter. It's a pathway to "white male landowners," re-legalizing slavery, and more besides. (And if you think the court will stop at trying to fuck with amendments, there's no way that happens once this door is open, because it's already quite literally past the "throw out the whole of the law" stage with this draft.)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2022, 01:30:49 PM
While Covid psychosis (which I'd never even heard of until today) obviously isn't great, it is better than the alternative.

And yeah, Roe v Wade is just the opening move in a plan to obliterate the Federal state. Note I'm not saying they're not doing it because they don't hate women (they obviously do), just that it's both a goal in and of itself and a stepping stone to further judicial revisions. Gay marriage, LGBT protections in general and very possibly even mixed race marriage will all be in the crosshairs.

So we've essentially got fifty fascist banana republics coming down the pike.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

So they got my mom's sodium up and her ammonia down, and now she's herself again.  Almost.

The facility she's in specializes in this sort of thing, and they expect another relapse or two, and they aren't sending her home for a few more weeks, but she's getting better, and today while Jenn and I were visiting, she had a completely rational conversation for an hour and a half.

It is hard to explain how relieved I am.

The problem, though, is the condition was caused by the cancer meds she is on, and there are no alternative drugs, so she'll have to go into a clinic twice a week from now on to have her blood managed.

But that's better than senility or a stroke.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2022, 01:30:49 PM
Turns out the covid only aggravated a problem that was caused by her cancer meds.  It would have happened anyway, just not as soon as it did.

But she's on the mend and no longer worried about murderers lurking in her hospital room bathroom.
Molon Lube

Cain

Sounds like just everything that could go wrong doing so. Glad to hear she's doing better though!

Faust

It sounds like for the most part this is temporary, hopefully the cancer meds will do their job, and the bloods  will stay stabilised, hang in there
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

Before you read further: I am not asking for shit.

It's just fucking infuriating that I can't even get a red fucking cent for something like "purchasing medication," "buying food that won't kill me," or "having more than two fucking changes of clothes" on Pride Month. Same shit on TDOV, same shit on my birthday, same shit every time I try to crowdfund beyond the ONE SINGULAR PERSON keeping my ass conscious and reasonably safe, because I hate that I'm putting a THOUSAND fucking dollars on THEM EXCLUSIVELY every single goddamn month.

Just. Fuck. It enrages me how "support these trans people!" stops as soon as it comes to me. Yeah, sure, I get it... No reach into networks that actually have money to throw around, only a small network of my own, no name recognition, my best brand is being a fucking menace ... I get how it happened like this, it just makes me so fucking mad -- especially! when I remember that right now, I'm one of the fucking lucky ones. It's such bullshit that I know there are people with even less support than I have and meanwhile millionaire influencer trans women are getting thrown even more fucking money that they'll spend on ad buys and new costumes to wear while they stream politics debates with cryptofascists on Twitch or ratio bigots on Twitter as if these are things that are even capable of being valuable in any way instead of just continuing to platform hateful ideologies in new, less obvious ways.

I just fucking hate it here sometimes.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

On a positive note, while I have been unexpectedly single since the 27th or so (person I was dating decided she didn't need another relationship, but we're still friends), I think I already have caught the interest of an older transfem? I wasn't trying for this. And I've gotten a lot of, hm, respectfully-lewd remarks on photos of me, fully clothed (often layered up, even), holding weapons and making ugly or threatening faces. I wasn't trying for that, either.

Yeah, it's... it's something.

Also, and relatedly: for the first time in a long time I'm around people who think to reach out to /me/ every day. People who feel sad when I'm not around, and who make a point of saying so.

It's really weird being actively /wanted/. Not just tolerated, expected, or even appreciated. Personally requested /in particular/. With regularity. DMs saying, "hey, come hang out." Intentionally sought out by people for the happiness I bring to them.

Even my relationships have tended towards passive appreciation of me at best, so this is completely alien. Positive, I think. I fucking hope. But it still feels totally bizarre.

altered

Last update for awhile, probably.

Not many people are so lucky as to have become friends with one of their favorite musicians, have a crush on that friend that was not reciprocated but brought you both closer, and look to each other for support and care on particularly rough days. Hell, you can take the "favorite musician" part out of that and still have a sincerely rare situation. The fact that I loved this person's music before we ever spoke makes it all the more fucking wild.

I don't really fan-girl over artists, I just see them as people. So it took me forever to realize that I am basically living some 15-year-old's fucking dream: you talk to your favorite musician, and it becomes through shared experience and compatible personality one of your dearest friends.

My life is just so fucking weird. I barely scrape by on subsistence by cyberbegging, but I feel genuinely fulfilled emotionally on good days, when the perspective lines up just right to let me see my life from the outside and realize there are maybe a couple hundred thousand people, worldwide, who can say that they have what I have in some areas. I might be constantly dodging the reaper, but I am free like few others.

Elder Iptuous

bom dia, gente!
yearly checkup here.
yall still kickin?

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2022, 04:19:19 AM
And while I've been preoccupied with this, SCOTUS basically dismantled Roe v Wade.

They'll be after the Gays next.

Didn't take very fucking long.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman