News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Out of the blue, a utility informed me they required an easement, and sent me a contract to sign.  (This easement would have been on a scrap of farmland in the middle of nowhere).

The offer in the contract was for service which they were already providing.  Since past consideration is not good consideration, I drew this to their attention, and suggested they might run their line elsewhere.  I then prepared myself for battle by reviewing the provincial statues on utility easements, land titles, and expropriations.

But to my surprise, the faceless bureaucrat that sent me the contract apparently doesn't know what "consideration" means.

Things sort of went downhill from there, with said bureaucrat demonstrating they had no clue in the domains of negotiation or persuasion (let alone property law), and me expressing my disinterest as tersely as possible.  (They didn't even think to offer me $1, not that that would have improved my mood.)

Anyway, I think the lesson I was supposed to learn is that the Authorities know what's Best for Everyone, so being Anti-Authoritarian is the same as being Anti-Social.

But can I be blamed if I'm not inclined to donate property rights to the benefit of some multi-millionaire (probably) who wants to build a country house?

P.S.
Apparently they can still run the line somewhere else, it will just cost them more.  I'm okay with that.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: hooplala on November 02, 2022, 12:50:50 PM
One of Roger's many stalkers, no doubt.

Imagine a world full of angry people, all shouting out I'm your number one fan!
Molon Lube

Cain

I can think of smarter plays than "I'm going to sign up pretending to be a perma-banned persona from the largest social media website in the world", but then your stalkers have always been special.

Doktor Howl

I just admitted Eldora back to the board (someone tell LMNO), because it should be good for a few mean laughs.  If any mod/admin has reservations, feel free to re-ban her.  I was just hoping to offload some bile.

Also, Tentastical also tried to reg again, without really bothering to hide it much.  He got rebanned, because he's a stalking cunt and can't be trusted with nice things.  Or even not so nice things, like this joint.

Which is of course the worst forum on the internet, even after its death.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Wasn't the Tent thing like, 15 years ago?
Jebus.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 06, 2022, 06:32:52 AM
I just admitted Eldora back to the board (someone tell LMNO), because it should be good for a few mean laughs.  If any mod/admin has reservations, feel free to re-ban her.  I was just hoping to offload some bile.
If that doesn't work out, maybe you could temp-unban RWHN ?  I haven't had anything to gnaw on around here in a while, and my canines have grown out to the point that people are starting to notice.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on November 06, 2022, 12:22:56 PM
Jebus.

13 years ago.

It's not something you forget.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 06, 2022, 05:08:23 PM
If that doesn't work out, maybe you could temp-unban RWHN ?  I haven't had anything to gnaw on around here in a while, and my canines have grown out to the point that people are starting to notice.

Why?  The silly bastard re-regs every 4 months or so.

Wait until you get a load of Eldora.  A real blast from the past.  By which I mean 2002-2005 or so.
Molon Lube

Suu

Also, Tentastical also tried to reg again, without really bothering to hide it much.  He got rebanned, because he's a stalking cunt and can't be trusted with nice things.  Or even not so nice things, like this joint.

HERE FOR THIS FUCKERY.

off to tell LMNO!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 06, 2022, 11:59:57 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on November 06, 2022, 12:22:56 PM
Jebus.

13 years ago.

It's not something you forget.

Well, no.
It's just batshit that he keeps trying to get in. He's a haunt. Somebody needs to tell him to go into the light.

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 06, 2022, 05:08:23 PM

You could get the same thing from a bot that just spouts D.A.R.E crap. I think you'll like Eldora's desiccated hide better.

Quote from: Suu on November 07, 2022, 01:11:06 AM

HERE FOR THIS FUCKERY.

off to tell LMNO!

He told me he doesn't know her.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on November 07, 2022, 11:35:04 AM
He told me he doesn't know her.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Obviously traumatic memories are getting buried here.
Molon Lube

Cain

Suu

Nobody in Florida asked for another hurricane, we asked for DeSantis to disappear.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Arizona is taking its sweet old time counting votes.

The dems are leading in damn near everything, but usually by fractions of a percent, and there's still 30% of the votes to be counted.
Molon Lube

Suu

Banned from Facebook again.

This time? The algorithms assuming I'm suicidal and when I refused help, they locked down my account. It's amazing I still have one at this point.