News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

*marks all as read like a boss*

I am very glad to be alive and back on PD again. Gonna take a bit looking around and reading to get refreshed, but also have a fuckload to say after like 2 years in New Orleans.My entire worldview has undergone several revolutions since I last posted. Hail Eris guys!

All Hail Discordia
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on November 30, 2022, 08:52:04 AM
I decided to watch a horror movie a friend recommended to me and it is the first time I've ever been genuinely terrified of a horror film. No worse possible outcome. I recommend it if you can get into slow-burns. Like, "Tarkovsky on Quaaludes" slow, but Jesus fuck. There's four things you could count as jump scares, though I don't know if any but one of them counts, and I don't think any of them are particularly scary or memorable aside from "oh wow" factor. It's the slow quiet shit that erodes your sanity.

It's called Skinamarink and there's currently no legal way to see it. I wish I had waited to see it.
I think that was on at a local community cinema a couple weeks ago, as part of some sort of film festival.  I might have gone to see it, if I'd known what it was.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 02, 2022, 04:05:25 PM

I am very glad to be alive and back on PD again. Gonna take a bit looking around and reading to get refreshed, but also have a fuckload to say after like 2 years in New Orleans.My entire worldview has undergone several revolutions since I last posted. Hail Eris guys!

All Hail Discordia

Good to see you back, TWJ.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 05, 2022, 03:07:37 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 02, 2022, 04:05:25 PM

All Hail Discordia

Good to see you back, TWJ.

Good to be here, both at PD and alive. There is SO MUCH to tell, but from about mid November I was in a struggle for my life in extremely adverse conditions. My words at the ER intake were misconstrued out of context as an excuse to pu me on a hold for violent, suicidal, and psychotic patients, and in Louisiana being chaptered in essentially dropping you to the bottom of care priority. I was in for cardiac distress and respiratory failure. They have a tight scam running on vulnerable patients in New Orleans. I was aware of the abuses, but had no choice. It's a long painful story, but my self-diagnosis and their adherence to my right to deny medication kept me alive. I was suffering from RSV and an unknown endogenous cardiotoxic concentration stimulant pouring into my body from the shoulder I got my mRNA "vaccine" in in late 2021. I also discovered in the process of diagnosis that I am allergic to food.

All food produces some amount of histamine reaction in me, carbohydrates moreso by an order of magnitude. I cannot drink the 12 or so grams of sugar in 8oz of milk or I will be sick all day without cannabinoid or diphenhydramine interference. Moreover the cardiotoxin dumps now when I consume sugars as well. I will open a thread on the matter soon.

Otherwise I am decently employed now and after several lifestyle changes an feeling truly excellent, and performing physically better than someone that nearly died of atrial dysrythmia only a week ago has any right to be.

I am feeling well, but it is in a sense at gunpoint. Nothing sadder than an Italian that can never eat pasta or a cannoli again, but I pay it gladly.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Not dead.

Still commiting unspeakable deeds.

There's apparently a new dead space thing thats based in a prision. A black iron prison. Royalties feel due.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

Welcome back.

Anyway, we're all fucked forever.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Maybe not forever.  Apparently, the USA moved to Defcon 3 last October and nobody felt that it was important enough to mention on the news.

If you wait long enough, everything comes back into style.
Molon Lube

altered

That's quitter talk. Are you a quitter? We're fucked FOREVER if I have anything to say about it, and I have a lot of things to say, so you better prep your holes, BUDDY.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Sidebar, I got curious and looked into it. Apparently DEFCON readiness levels aren't supposed to be reported on? Who knew?

No, really. I'm not even being sarcastic, I sincerely had the idea that DEFCON readiness was a wartime public communications tool. "This number determines the amount of Good in your immediate future, if it gets too low you can expect to assume the position forthwith." It's news to me that it is generally not known what the level at any given time is unless there's a leak or a personal decision to announce it.

altered

One more post to note that I have drawn the ire of the racist transfems on Twitter.

Racist is in fact my favorite dessert, as they will soon learn.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on December 10, 2022, 09:17:20 PM
Sidebar, I got curious and looked into it. Apparently DEFCON readiness levels aren't supposed to be reported on? Who knew?

No, really. I'm not even being sarcastic, I sincerely had the idea that DEFCON readiness was a wartime public communications tool. "This number determines the amount of Good in your immediate future, if it gets too low you can expect to assume the position forthwith." It's news to me that it is generally not known what the level at any given time is unless there's a leak or a personal decision to announce it.

It's not secret, but it is a military tool that nobody in the general public really understands.  And they learned from the terrorist color-coding thing that telling people shit only causes problems and mockery.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 11, 2022, 05:14:38 AM
Quote from: altered on December 10, 2022, 09:17:20 PM

It's not secret, but it is a military tool that nobody in the general public really understands.  And they learned from the terrorist color-coding thing that telling people shit only causes problems and mockery.

I still occasionally see an Orange Alert meme with a picture of Yam Tits on it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

I'm "heinous" now. This makes me happy.  :lulz: :lulz:

altered

I think he was talking about Dershowitz, not you? Just how I'm reading the post.

But anyway, expect a follow from me. Congratulations, and I'm sorry.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Hmmm, possibly.
Thanks. I'll follow back.  :)