News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: fluffy on April 21, 2023, 09:34:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 09, 2023, 05:20:39 AM
Robyn, former admin of PD, passed away on August 13 of 2022.

wahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP

Where the hell have you been?
Molon Lube

Faust

Been feeling like a zombie for about a year. Repeated sinus infections, tired all the time (more then usual with the kids), continuous throbbing over the right side of my face, but oddly no pain at all. I had a root canal in march last year, finally put 2 and 2 together and got an x-ray of my tooth, they had hollowed out the roots, and then just sealed the tooth, left them all open, complete botch job. One root was 22mm and ran directly into the sinus cavity.
They drilled out the crown to clean the roots and it immediately released a year of horror.

Steroids and antibiotics and I feel like human being again but sickened that it could have gone on that long or the scary implications for blood/brain barrier from long term rot having a backstage pass to the party.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Scribbly

Fuck, I went through something like that a few years back.

Root canal they didn't clean out properly. In my case 'luckily' the infection spread pain into my jaw inside a couple months but I had to go private to get an X-Ray and get it fixed. Harrowing and as you say that shit could have gotten lethal if I'd followed the initial advice and just 'given it more time to settle'.

Glad you're on the mend now.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Faust

Well thats it, its really dangerous if you get an abscess there, very easy for them to travel. Have to say the feeling of relief within seconds of that tooth being opened is gross but it was a like a weight being lifted. I felt like one of those gross cow video's someone posts to r/popping
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

People used to die of abscessed teeth all the time.
Molon Lube

Scribbly

My business have decided (at a level about 8 layers abstracted from the people doing the job) that we all need to go into 'the office' twice per week.

Depending on what 'the office' means that could range from 'go and sit somewhere you are the only person working in your business area but it is within walking distance' to 'spend £400/month in travel to get to and from the city where your relevant office is located'.

I have two weeks of leave to polish up my CV and see what else is out there.

My manager is panicking.

Change doesn't actually come in until September so I'm going to be real interested to see where we are when I return to work. I suspect a humiliating climbdown from senior management, but maybe they really do want to chase away anyone who has any other options. I love corporations so much.

altered

https://memorrhage.bandcamp.com/album/memorrhage

I don't normally post shit like this outside of the designated containment zones, but I was a test listener and provided first-round mix feedback for this album, which is (independent of my involvement) poised to fucking blow up -- the reviews are on point, and based entirely on pre-release previews that have gotten passed around. The next single is going to be Lunge, one of my favorite tracks in years. It's got hooks, it's got aggression, it's got alienation, it's the most exciting development in heavy music in years.

And it was written in two fucking months. Exit, Finesse, Old Wave, Lunge, Utility and Ex-Sprite are all single quality /for this album/ -- on an album where the weakest tracks are single quality for, you know, the average chart-topping release. Even diehard nu-metal haters are on board. It's must-hear. And I had a small hand in the final product, so that's why it's out of the containment areas!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

One of the weirdo preppers I follow just interviewed Ron Paul on his channel.  :horrormirth:

[embed=640,360]https://youtube.com/watch?v=6UUFZEGsOuQ&autoplay=1[/embed]
Formerly something else...

Scribbly

Today was the culmination of a lot of hard work.

Can't go into huge detail without doxxing myself but we have made life a lot better for (at the moment) 30 or so trans folks in my city, and we'll be expanding from there.

I'm still buzzing. Getting out there and doing shit to make a material difference is just so satisfying.

Have we reversed the course of the ongoing horrorshow? No. Of course not. But for a few hours today people didn't need to have that at the forefront of their mind.

altered

Good! In personal news, I may be getting to an even better location than my current one in the coming months.

I just spent the past 5 days with a new partner who is effectively the best person for me imaginable, and I broke a 11 year dry spell as far as actually fucking goes, instead of just messing with people's heads long-distance and cuddling. They have a polycule house, they own that house, they pay a minimal amount of taxes and bills on it, they have enough people the pain is spread very thin, all of the people there are awesome (the metamour I foresee having the most problems with /might fight with me over doing dishes/, as in "let me do the dishes" "no, let me do the dishes"), they want to help me get back on HRT, etc., etc.

This might actually be what it takes to launch me from homelessness and destitution to a survivable future.

Also, it's really nice to spend 5 days being wanted by someone who isn't shy about that fact.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Scribbly

That's incredible news! Congrats!

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Recently, I've begun to wonder if I've been wrong all this time about the dominant lifeform on this planet.

What if it's not the bacteria, but the fungi?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm working on crawling out from under a rock. 2023 seems like an auspicious year for that. Or at least an interesting one.