News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I got a job offer that is absolutely covered in red flags but has enough potential to be legitimate that I can't ignore it, the pay is ridiculous and it's completely remote, and I won't be talking to cops or fielding phone calls WHILE listening to the radio WHILE monitoring text messages WHILE checking for camera alerts WHILE... which means I will be less goddamn tired all the time and might actually have the energy to exist again. It's scary though. I've never had to give notice before. And not knowing 100% that this isn't a scam and I'm not being spearphished is... well it's sure as fuck not helping.

Scribbly

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 05, 2023, 10:58:19 AM
I got a job offer that is absolutely covered in red flags but has enough potential to be legitimate that I can't ignore it, the pay is ridiculous and it's completely remote, and I won't be talking to cops or fielding phone calls WHILE listening to the radio WHILE monitoring text messages WHILE checking for camera alerts WHILE... which means I will be less goddamn tired all the time and might actually have the energy to exist again. It's scary though. I've never had to give notice before. And not knowing 100% that this isn't a scam and I'm not being spearphished is... well it's sure as fuck not helping.

Definitely do as much research as you can (obvs) but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sometimes good things do happen.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Scribbly

Lol okay it was about as obstructive as I expected.

I got very excited when I signed up to the new GP and they suggested to me that they would recommend a shared care agreement with Gender GP rather than me asking and getting rejected again.

Got all that set up, got a blood test done, got reassurance that all I needed to do was put the prescription request through the app...

... and that has now been rejected and they've pulled all shared care agreements with Gender GP for all their patients whooooo

Conversation basically went:

"So you asked me to do this and now you've pulled it?"
"Yeah we can't work with them."
"Okay no worries, that's fine, can you tell me who you can work with?"
"No. I'm not allowed to make suggestions about private care."
"Okay so, what're my options?"
"If I were you I'd google something. Just try and find someone reputable."

Note: The process of even getting in the door at a private clinic is likely to run £100 or more. Then more to actually get treatment set up to the point where they could then ask about a shared care agreement. And after going through all that they could then decide that whoever I've picked is not 'reputable' and I'd need to start over.

I think I'm just going to ditch all this extra expense and self medicate. It is significantly cheaper and whilst I'd feel better with regular monitoring at this point I feel like I'm just pissing away money.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Scribbly on July 05, 2023, 11:03:15 AM

Definitely do as much research as you can (obvs) but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sometimes good things do happen.

The odds of this being legit are shrinking rapidly. I have already mobilized the resources needed to absolutely end these people if it does turn out to be a wire fraud scam, which will be a nice consolation prize if it goes the way it's looking.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Scribbly on July 05, 2023, 02:36:52 PM
Lol okay it was about as obstructive as I expected.

I got very excited when I signed up to the new GP and they suggested to me that they would recommend a shared care agreement with Gender GP rather than me asking and getting rejected again.

Got all that set up, got a blood test done, got reassurance that all I needed to do was put the prescription request through the app...

... and that has now been rejected and they've pulled all shared care agreements with Gender GP for all their patients whooooo

Conversation basically went:

"So you asked me to do this and now you've pulled it?"
"Yeah we can't work with them."
"Okay no worries, that's fine, can you tell me who you can work with?"
"No. I'm not allowed to make suggestions about private care."
"Okay so, what're my options?"
"If I were you I'd google something. Just try and find someone reputable."

Note: The process of even getting in the door at a private clinic is likely to run £100 or more. Then more to actually get treatment set up to the point where they could then ask about a shared care agreement. And after going through all that they could then decide that whoever I've picked is not 'reputable' and I'd need to start over.

I think I'm just going to ditch all this extra expense and self medicate. It is significantly cheaper and whilst I'd feel better with regular monitoring at this point I feel like I'm just pissing away money.

May I offer a Molotov in these trying times?

Scribbly

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 06, 2023, 02:07:08 PM
Quote from: Scribbly on July 05, 2023, 11:03:15 AM

The odds of this being legit are shrinking rapidly. I have already mobilized the resources needed to absolutely end these people if it does turn out to be a wire fraud scam, which will be a nice consolation prize if it goes the way it's looking.

Argh. I'm sorry to hear that.

Molotovs all around I think.

Doktor Howl

If you PM me the details, I can work the old google fu on it.

I also have access to D&B now.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2023, 11:33:29 PM

If you PM me the details, I can work the old google fu on it.

I also have access to D&B now.

I've got people on it. If they don't make them rue the day sufficiently I'll send you what I've got but right now can't have any toe stepping. They picked *THE* wrong bitch to try this on.

altered

Someone stole two of my charge cables. I know the two people it definitely was not, but everyone else has said they have no idea what I'm talking about, and I checked everywhere they could possibly be.

I am now in a funny situation.

See, all my financial stuff is on my phone. I can't drive. There's no useful public transit in this part of the suburbs. And I just found out yesterday that I DEFINITELY have celiac so need to replace ALL of my food. And just earlier today, someone sent me grocery money. Money I can't use to buy groceries, because my ONLY option for that is Instacart, and guess what is dependent on my Apple account I have forgotten the login to?

This means I /cannot eat food/ until /someone else buys me replacement charge cables/, despite having money to get food with!

And the bitch of it all is, even though I know the people who HAD to have taken them hate my fucking guts, I know they are not aware of how dependent I was on those cables.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Urgh. Not been in that *precise* situation but I had a similar issue not long ago where I couldn't use my phone for a while and I can entirely sympathise.

Absolutely frustrating as fuck.

Also hello. Nothing to really talk about here. The weather is slightly uncomfortably warm, everything is shit, Labour are intent on crushing all hope not already extinguished by the Tories, and everyone is either mad about confetti being thrown at a wedding or (as is usual) people's genitals. Just another day on Normal Island.

altered

Quote from: Cain on July 09, 2023, 06:35:26 PM
Urgh. Not been in that *precise* situation but I had a similar issue not long ago where I couldn't use my phone for a while and I can entirely sympathise.

Absolutely frustrating as fuck.

Also hello. Nothing to really talk about here. The weather is slightly uncomfortably warm, everything is shit, Labour are intent on crushing all hope not already extinguished by the Tories, and everyone is either mad about confetti being thrown at a wedding or (as is usual) people's genitals. Just another day on Normal Island.

I'd send another rescue party, but the G-dless cannibal Englishmen ate them all last time. They worship the Devil himself and perform human sacrifices to their ancient priestly royals, you know. We should civilize them, but I need to find more people willing to risk their lives to colonize the benighted moors of darkest Britain before we can worry about that.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Betta Fish

This thread makes me hungry.

Curbside pickup Mexican food. I really am due for a Quesadilla and some stale 100 year old chips. Maybe some of those Americanized sugar fried sticks that take a year off your life every time you eat them. Ah decisions decisions..

altered

So, I got groceries and I'm gluten-free for the past two days.

What no one told me is by G-d you will be TIRED. I knew I'd be hungry, and I've been trying to eat a human amount of food to get my body to adapt, but my intestines are gonna take at least a month to heal up enough that I can do that safely. The hypoglycemia? Expected.

But. Even though I've had more bursts of energy in a given day lately than ever before in my life, I am more exhausted than ever, and having trouble sleeping reasonable amounts of time. Like, I'll be able to get almost everything done in a day now, but in between doing things I can barely keep my eyes open.

altered

Partner is dying. Brain cancer caught up, chemo didn't take. I never even got to see her face to face. She didn't get her name change so they'll bury her with that fucking name.

Anything I promised here is on hold.

Scribbly