News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Same crowd quiet on hormone beef and that most meat is pumped with IV antibiotics month after month before it ever hits your plate
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bruno

They can't even grasp the concept that animals literally can not make protein, and that all the protein in meat comes strictly from plants the animal has eaten.

They're terrified that AOC is going to take away their hamburgers and they will all die of protein deprivation. It's hilarious.
Formerly something else...

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Bruno on October 04, 2023, 04:10:22 AM
They can't even grasp the concept that animals literally can not make protein

That doesn't sound right.  Animals certainly make protein.  Humans can't adequately synthesize all the types of amino acids they need, and have to get those by breaking down protein consumed from animals that can synthesize those amino acids, or via certain specific vegetables (beans are a good source of lysine).

DNA is essentially a chemical instruction book for how to synthesize various proteins.  Any organism that employs DNA is making its own protein...
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Bruno

Maybe it would be more accurate to say that you can't get more protein out of an animal that you put into it, assuming that you are providing all of the animal's food.

They can forage and convert protein you can't eat or wouldn't want to eat into protein you would eat.
Formerly something else...

Scribbly

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2023, 09:57:40 PM
Turns out making all the doctors and nurses flee to Canada and Australia and then making our immigration system so impossibly frustrating and difficult that no-one wants to come here was not a winning strategy. Who knew?

Try and keep well the best you can, though. I'm sure you've heard it before and know what to do, but fluids and rest, rest and fluids. 4 weeks is quite the ass-kicking, so hopefully it passes soon.

Yeah its been pretty brutal.

Think I'm finally past it now at least. Lingering cough but I'll just have to live with that.

Genuinely horrified at the state of the NHS right now. Hard to see what they're actually going to be selling off when they do finally put it on the auction block.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Scribbly on October 04, 2023, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2023, 09:57:40 PM
Turns out making all the doctors and nurses flee to Canada and Australia and then making our immigration system so impossibly frustrating and difficult that no-one wants to come here was not a winning strategy. Who knew?

Try and keep well the best you can, though. I'm sure you've heard it before and know what to do, but fluids and rest, rest and fluids. 4 weeks is quite the ass-kicking, so hopefully it passes soon.

Yeah its been pretty brutal.

Think I'm finally past it now at least. Lingering cough but I'll just have to live with that.

Genuinely horrified at the state of the NHS right now. Hard to see what they're actually going to be selling off when they do finally put it on the auction block.

WELCOME TO AMERICA!  Pool's onna roof.
Molon Lube

altered

While struggling to get through this zero-income stretch (this is brutal, I'm not sure I survive this time), my partner, the Orrery, died.

I want it known she beat the fucking brain cancer. She killed it. It was the recovery from that fight that took her down, but she still fucking won.

She got away from her shitty abusive live-in partner, in the end.

My last communication with her was me parsing through the aphasia to understand her, and her KNOWING I understood.

Now I have to pack up everything I own again, and move to Wisconsin (and maybe, if G-d is kind to me and this relationship works out, Sweden some years later), and hope I can find a way to ride out the month or so of complete emotional breakdown I'm going to need just to get back to looking for fucking work again.

There is too. Fucking. Much.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

My mother's cancer, which has been controlled for years now, is galloping off with her.

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2023, 05:35:29 AM
My mother's cancer, which has been controlled for years now, is galloping off with her.

I've lost an aunt and three uncles to cancer.  My mother, on seeing her sister's body, shook her shoulder and tried to wake her, I don't know why.  It was heartbreaking.

Fuck cancer.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I'm alive.

On Tuesday night, I was driven from the place I was living by one of the people there going on a total power trip because I dared use common spaces to exist when he wanted to eat food. Nothing I was doing would stop him from eating, but because I wouldn't leave the common, shared spaces while he ate, he lost his shit.

The dude wasn't the homeowner. He had a whole table to use, which I used a single seat at (the table seats 3 comfortably, WHILE I'm set up). I did have sound coming out of my laptop -- but only because he disconnected the internet, so I had to switch my headphones to my phone to talk to my partner.

Yes. Really. He disconnected the internet to try to drive me out of common spaces. Then because I wouldn't he locked me out of my bedroom, locked me out of the house (fortunately, I had my keys), and my partner was legitimately worried for my safety staying in his presence. She came to get me at great personal expense and risk, and I am safe now, but I'm far from okay.

I'm hoping this train of nightmares and suffering has ended now.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

QuestionsTheSoil

Mentally not doing well. Relapsed into some bad habits again. Feeling like it should all just end again. wondering if I should even bother again.
Got out yesterday and had a decent time, though. Got shit done. I don't get time to myself often.
I'm out of my own head lately.
Disconnected, like I'm managing to drown internally. Sore from everything.
ugh.
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

Chelagoras The Boulder

hey yall, still alive somehow. Spent pretty much this entire year living in a bad Mexican soap opera. I'll probably go into more detail when i have more spoons.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 14, 2023, 06:37:54 AM
hey yall, still alive somehow. Spent pretty much this entire year living in a bad Mexican soap opera. I'll probably go into more detail when i have more spoons.

Good to see you.

But it's worth mentioning this board is a misery fest at the moment, so you are once more in a Mexican soap opera.

Altered is having a rough go, my mother just went into hospice care, and Scribbly (previously known as Demosquid) is also not dancing any fandangos. CNO seems to be doing alright.

And aside from one or two pinealists, that's all that's left.  Everyone else drifted away (by which I mean "ran") when wossername's ring wasn't properly kissed.

Molon Lube

Pergamos

I'm still around, and my life is going pretty well.  I've just learned the wisdom of shutting the hell up.

Faust

I'm around vaguely, I just havent much interesting to say: a 3 year old an a 1 year old to keep me busy
Sleepless nights at the chateau