News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Hex The Moon

Started by Cramulus, July 20, 2020, 07:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

1. I haven't bothered to look up many details about this, but from what I gather, a bunch of very young occultists on TikTok are trying to "hex the moon" (I don't know what that means) and a bunch of pagans are all twisted up about this being disrespectful to Artemis or whatever. I really haven't look up many details because it's silly, but it's also a nice distraction from the Real Shit going on right now. Anybody got a good link?

2. I'm in support of kids doing "spells" which have zero tangible effect other than upsetting the Olds.

altered

It's fucking great, the reasoning is literally "the moon thinks it's better than us and it's not, fuck the moon"

I've already proposed discordian sainthood for these kids tbh, ask Juana

Also I have this screenshot of a conversation I had with a friend last night

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Found this on FB. This whole thing is hilarious. Heard some stuff about hexing the fair folk as well.

An interdimensional reprisal campaign by the fair folk because some tiktok fad breached an ancient treaty would be just the thing to add to 2020.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

The only two things I've heard about hex the moon is a bunch of rpg folx making moon hex maps and BIPOC especially non-Western folx getting kind of pissed about this, which is imo more important than pissing off old neo-pagans.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cramulus

:lulz: :lulz:

that's hilarious

One of the things that cracks me up about it so much of this is that it's a classic Orthodox Religion Policing the Kids move.

Many people turn to paganism because they don't like the structures of the christian church

but then they basically re-create those structures in different forms

it also reminds me of that time that the satanists "re-baptized" all those dead westboro baptist family members - it has no effect other than pissing off the living.

I feel like hexing the moon is something punk chaotes would have done in the 90s, and old ceremonial magicians would have been like 'THESE FUCKIN KIDS'

Juana

Quote from: altered on July 20, 2020, 07:43:02 PM
It's fucking great, the reasoning is literally "the moon thinks it's better than us and it's not, fuck the moon"

I've already proposed discordian sainthood for these kids tbh, ask Juana
Can confirm. What a time. First the zoomers fought the state and now they're fighting the moon.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

Found on FB. Pretty much.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

The moon is the kid with two hotdogs being offered another while crying, badly photoshopped somewhere behind weed dude
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Cain suggested this. Took me a bit to get a decent meme app, but I thought this needed to exist.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cainad (dec.)

This is Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell as told through terrible apps.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on July 26, 2020, 04:45:32 PM
This is Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell as told through terrible apps.

That was a wonderful show. I particularly remember the fair one saying something like "Watching you perform magic is like seeing someone sit down to a fine meal with their dinner jacket on backwards." which pretty well sums up my take on magical practices.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Look, nobody likes the fucking moon.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Nobody want's to look at people fucking the moon.