News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Schilda's horse

Started by The Johnny, November 17, 2020, 10:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

It has been made known to us, that the inhabitants of Schilda were in possession of a horse whose vigour for work made them very satisfied, and that they only had only one thing to reproach it: it consumed too much oat, expensive oat

They decided to take away this bad habit of his benevolently, reducing day by day its ration by several stalks until it was habituated to complete abstinence.

For a time, everything went greatly. The horse was accustomed to not eating, except a single daily stalk, and at last the next day it would work without the need of any.

That morning they found the treacherous animal dead; the inhabitants of Schilda could not explain the reason behind its death.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

hah, that treacherous horse!

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to water."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on November 17, 2020, 10:04:01 AM
It has been made known to us, that the inhabitants of Schilda were in possession of a horse whose vigour for work made them very satisfied, and that they only had only one thing to reproach it: it consumed too much oat, expensive oat

They decided to take away this bad habit of his benevolently, reducing day by day its ration by several stalks until it was habituated to complete abstinence.

For a time, everything went greatly. The horse was accustomed to not eating, except a single daily stalk, and at last the next day it would work without the need of any.

That morning they found the treacherous animal dead; the inhabitants of Schilda could not explain the reason behind its death.

You've been reading our business bestsellers again, haven't you?
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

I like this one! Can it be Holy Nonsensed up?

The Johnny

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 17, 2020, 10:14:11 PM
I like this one! Can it be Holy Nonsensed up?

I didnt share the bibliography to avoid breaking the inmersion, but it in fact isnt my text.

This is actually Sigmund Freud, 1909, p. 50-51, "Five lectures on psychoanalysis".... so do what you can and want with it.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 17, 2020, 02:28:43 PM
You've been reading our business bestsellers again, haven't you?

Something like that, this text could easily had been named "Freud's guide to being an effective slave-driver"... wherein one is supposed to allow the peasants some actual fun and pleasure, so they dont actually burn out and collapse... sublimation and repression of our libido after all, has a limit.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

If copyright is an issue, we could always remix it.  I'll see if I can get inspired, but if anyone else wants to take a shot, go for it