News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Welcome to the OM ARTS LAB!

Started by Bobby Campbell, October 14, 2020, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

This was a project that started over the summer in support of the virtual Maybe Day event on 7/23/20.

The idea being to bring together some of the innumerable creative people influenced by the Discordian lives & ideas of Robert Anton Wilson, and establish a mutually beneficial art scene of sorts, and see about using RAW's legacy as the launch pad for new trajectories of thought & language.  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

The preservation of RAW's ideas, as he expressed them, seems to be on rock solid ground, with the RAW Trust and Hilaritas Press meticulously and wonderfully producing definitive editions of his books and facilitating new media adaptations. Also, with places like the RAW Illumination Blog, the RAW Semantics Blog, and 2 RAW Fan Archive sites (US & DE), it's safe to say that RAW's oeuvre is safe and secure.

And with that being that case, I kinda want to do some joy riding, because the neuro-semantic context of the sensory-sensual continuum has changed considerably in recent years, with all signs pointing towards increased acceleration, and so I think some new models, metaphors, and methods might be just the thing.

As a proof of concept, I edited a 77 page digital zine called NEW TRAJECTORIES, with contributions from 23 wonderful RAW exegetes, released on MAYBE DAY 2020.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NEW TRAJECTORIES 2020

A promising look of things to come... Maybe!

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Hey, Bobby, if you want the rest of your stuff moved here, just holler.
Molon Lube

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: LMNO on October 14, 2020, 04:34:53 PM
Oooh, a new subforum!

Yes indeed! Maybe something of a slow burn / long con, but hoping to instigate some fun  :fnord:

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 15, 2020, 12:32:13 PM
Hey, Bobby, if you want the rest of your stuff moved here, just holler.

That would be great!

Just these 2 would be awesome:

WEIRDOVERSE
https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,34933.0.html

THE FREEVERSE (COPYLEFT) [777]
https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,38390.0.html

Thanks much!

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

minuspace

Yeah!

ETA:

Just noticed I "independently" found this "RAW" in someone's work today  :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Much obliged, Dok!

Great find, minuspace!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on October 16, 2020, 03:25:45 AM
Much obliged, Dok!

Great find, minuspace!

Any time, Bobby.  If you think of anything else, just holler.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

heh, I recently shot an e-mail to the folks at Hilaritas Press. Partially to praise them for all the great RAW re-releases, and partially to offer my freelance publishing services, though I'm sure they have it all covered already. Got a really warm thanks. Man, it would be so cool to work on some of these books.

Bobby's probably too humble to link to his own, but check it out - very modestly priced: http://www.hilaritaspress.com/portfolio-item/raw-art-by-bobby-campbell/

Bobby Campbell

Right on, Cram! Christina & Rasa, who run Hilaritas Press, really are entirely wonderful  :fnord:

When we were working out the details on my doing interior art for the Historical Illuminatus books, Christina, who is RAW's daughter, took the page rate I requested and doubled it, because she saw RAW struggle under bad work-for-hire deals, and wanted to make sure that didn't happen to me.

Not quite the usual outcome of dealing with a publisher!

minuspace

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on October 16, 2020, 03:25:45 AM
Much obliged, Dok!

Great find, minuspace!

Thanks for the inspiration Bobby!

Bobby Campbell

Right back atcha, LX!

Pardon the delayed response, business is about to pick up  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

A-guest1