I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Requesting Submissions for Intermittens 11: 'Post-truth and hyperbelief'

Started by Cramulus, January 03, 2021, 03:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

posted on behalf of the r/Discordian CoreDump

Calling all creative spags!

We're putting together yet another Intermittens (a web-published magazine of Eristic a-musings), and we could use your help to do it!  The theme this time is 'Post-truth and hyperbelief: What happens when truth stops caring about Truth?'.  Send submissions to

intermittens.submissions@protonmail.com or find us on discord: https://discord.gg/fyD675ZEb7

Submission deadline is 15 Chaos 3187 (15 January 2021). Late submissions may be accepted, but don't count on it!

All work must be released under a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/).

Proudly sponsored by the House of the Setting Podge (Formerly House of the Rising Hodge, since aquired.)

(you may be asking -- wasn't there an issue 11 of Intermittens already? Yes, but it was published by Lecherous Shithead, and included a ton of him planting self-promotional wankery into discordian history -- so fuck it, it doesn't exist)

if you want to join them on Discord, but the link expired, hit me up and I'll toss you a fresh one.

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Let me see what I can come up with.

What's the deadline?
Molon Lube

Cramulus

January 15th, but I have a feeling that's more of a 'guideline'

MMIX

Quote from: Cramulus on January 04, 2021, 02:27:45 PM
January 15th, but I have a feeling that's more of a 'guideline'

unless you specify a year then the procrastinators will just procrastinate
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

I don't see the need to email from this machine, because of work reasons.  So here:

Dear Truth,

I know you and I have been together for a very long time, but I cannot keep living a lie.  I have found someone else...Well, more than just one someone else.  This is that polygamy thing you wouldn't agree to when I brought it up in 2016.  So I am leaving you for three others.

The first is named "Confirmation Bias" and she's wonderful.  She supports me in everything, and never argues with me. 

The second is named "Cognitive Dissonance", and she doesn't nitpick at me or remind me of every little detail of any given subject. 

The third is named "Revisionism," but my pet name for her is "Gas Lighting".  She tells me that I wasn't wrong when it seemed like I might have been, and what's more, she tells other people they were wrong or mistaken or just plain crazy when they bring up things I allegedly said or did.

While I feel bad about leaving you like this with so little warning, at least I'm not dumping you for someone younger.    These three have been around forever, and they do things for me that you never could.  I don't have to face any ugliness anymore, because they will dispose of it for me.  I don't have to do any soul-searching, because they tell me all the time that I'm certainly not the problem.

So I have to go. 

It's not me, baby, it's you.  You and your nagging ways.

Farewell,
America
Molon Lube

Cramulus

:mittens:

nice, rog

I relayed it to the group putting this together.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Galerson

ReverendJesus

~Rev. Jesus "H" Christ

HMGMA #D-1-10535-13
Episkopos, Flying Squirrels on Fire Cabal [FSoFCabal.com]
Ordained Minister, Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Minister, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Reverend, United Church of Bacon
Minister, Universal Life Church
Clergy, Spiritual Humanist Church
Reverend, Open Ministry
Legionnaire, SORPOEE
Legionnaire, Cabal of Cabbage(tm)
Member, Satanic Temple
Member, Secular Student Alliance
Citizen, Aerican Empire

Answer our survey for a chance* to win one free miracle of your choice!

Doktor Howl

I wish I'd known this was being hosted by [redacted].  I never would have taken part in it.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Now I wish I hadn't written anything at all.
Molon Lube