News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Boogs storm the capitol building

Started by Doktor Howl, January 06, 2021, 09:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

It did help that the cops just let them in.

The Wizard Joseph

Fox news flashed some kind of code shortly before they basically walked in the place. Saw footage of cops and protesters taking selfies and shit like it's a holiday. This could be a long one. If it was me I would cut the water to the block. But it's not. This is gonna be a festival.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2021, 10:01:49 PM

Not entirely.  At one of the other approaches, a cop shot one of the boogs in the neck.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2021, 10:54:29 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2021, 10:01:49 PM

Not entirely.  At one of the other approaches, a cop shot one of the boogs in the neck.

Well, one did, yes. However, others were also taking selfies with the people storming the Capitol Building, so....

Also I'm not sure Trump going on TV and saying "yes this election was totes stolen but maybe please calm down" is going to help.

Bruno

Twitter and FB are deleting his posts left and right.

I think his supporters in Congress may be done, too. They know this shit was all on him.

I'm actually kind of doubting they'll continue with the vote objection bullshit when they get back to it.
Formerly something else...

Junkenstein

I'll take that bet. It will always get funnier. Can't see any way this doesn't escalate.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Bruno

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 06, 2021, 11:57:09 PM
I'll take that bet. It will always get funnier. Can't see any way this doesn't escalate.

Yeah. I keep waffling back and forth on it. Are they more mad at Trump, or afraid of their constituents?

Cain

Trump just got banned from Twitter for 12 hours, so yes...

altered

QuoteA West Virginia lawmaker took video of himself and other supporters of President Donald Trump rushing into the U.S. Capitol after they breached the security perimeter.

In the video by Republican Del. Derrick Evans, later deleted from his social media page, he is shown wearing a helmet and clamoring at the door to breach the building in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.

"We're in! Keep it moving, baby!" he said in a packed doorway amid Trump followers holding flags and complaining of being pepper sprayed. Once inside, Evans could be seen on video milling around the Capitol Rotunda, where historical paintings depict the republic's founding, and yelled, "No vandalizing!"

State House of Delegates Speaker Roger Hanshaw said Evans will need to "answer to his constituents and colleagues regarding his involvement in what has occurred today."

He said he has not spoken to Evans yet about his involvement.

The delegate from Wayne County said in a statement later on Facebook that he was heading back to West Virginia and "was simply there as an independent member of the media to film history."

https://apnews.com/article/ap-electoral-college-congress-7af85d3c702e070464d7713c42cf254a

I think this one goes all the way down to the wormy core.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 06, 2021, 10:15:15 PM
Fox news flashed some kind of code shortly before they basically walked in the place. Saw footage of cops and protesters taking selfies and shit like it's a holiday. This could be a long one. If it was me I would cut the water to the block. But it's not. This is gonna be a festival.

What code?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bruno

They just counted the Georgia votes because "after the events of the day the senators have withdrawn their objection".

:lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on January 07, 2021, 04:54:46 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 06, 2021, 10:15:15 PM

What code?

I was mistaken. It happened Tuesday during a graphic display about Georgia.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/fox-news-graphic-senate-runoffs-120758698.html
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

Has pence made a statement?
Loyal lapdog has his boss sick his mob on him
Sleepless nights at the chateau