News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Boogs storm the capitol building

Started by Doktor Howl, January 06, 2021, 09:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on January 09, 2021, 07:51:22 AM

But there's one particular thing I want to leave you all with, to bring a smile, to /truly/ bless this god-forsaken wilderness with warm happiness.

Imagine Ron Paul Weed at this moment. He must be hopping fucking mad. He must be boiling the fuck over. Imagine Ron Paul Weed jumping around in a manic fit of despair and anger, shrieking, breaking his desk over his computer, then his computer over his head.

Ah, the little joys in life...

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: The Johnny on January 09, 2021, 11:11:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2021, 10:54:31 PM
The chain of command gives the President and the state Governor authority over all National Guard units.

DC isn't a state, so it doesn't have a Governor, the National Guard comes under the authority of the President, as would seconded National Guard units from nearby states.

I see, i was too focused computing other factors and i forgot this one.

Quote from: Bruno on January 09, 2021, 11:11:15 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2021, 09:34:52 PM
Quote from: Bruno on January 09, 2021, 08:16:14 PM
I've been hearing reports from multiple states of the National Guards mobilizing. Seems like they're planning on not fucking around next time.

Good thing, too. The insurrectionists probably won't be either. Hopefully, they're sending some to protect weak points in the infrastructure while they're at it.

The problem was last time Trump wanted the National Guard to mobilise against the counter-protestors.

This is why certain European intelligence agencies have people who think this was a planned coup. If if it had worked, the National Guard would have secured Capitol Hill but let the Trumpists run riot inside. And while a lot of these idiots were farcical, some did come armed and with ziplocks on show - they intended to take hostages.

Yeah. I definitely haven't ruled out the possibility that everything is not going to be okay. I just spent my entire stimulus check on solar panels and 2-way radios. I hope they get here before civilization ends.

I think this is why the Pentagon initially refused to mobilise the National Guard in DC on the day. There were reports that they were asked to, but essentially responded "new administration incoming, who dis?" to the call. At the time I was speaking to an army person and their theory was that the DC Police, despite the notable failings on the day, generally are trained for deescalation and crowd control, and so could handle matters better than the National Guard. Obviously, more facts have come to light since then.

From what I'm hearing, the "failed coup attempt" angle is being taken seriously as a theory of what happened on the day by certain European agencies. How heavily planned this was, beyond "trying to strongarm Pence and Congress with the sight of an angry mob" is definitely up for debate, but that the President and those around him whipped the crowd into a frenzy is not.

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Also, I need someone with more experience to verify this, but The White Hats have been working hard behind the scenes at Parler.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: LMNO on January 11, 2021, 03:17:03 PM
Also, I need someone with more experience to verify this, but The White Hats have been working hard behind the scenes at Parler.

There appears to be some confusion and/or misinformation over the exact type of the security "breach", but the exploits involved seem plausible, since they only require conventional incompetence on the part of Parler's platform developers.

The attack I find most plausible is that it was possible to scrape the entire set of Parler's posts, (and user information?), simply by sending their server requests with a sequentially incrementing ID.  It is possible this includes deleted posts.

This appears to be one of the primary sources:
https://twitter.com/donk_enby/status/1348281459031814146

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Bruno

Is it weird that the government is announcing/advertising the "armed protests in all 50 states"?

Wouldn't that just encourage more people to show up?
Formerly something else...

The Johnny

Quote from: Bruno on January 12, 2021, 01:55:41 AM
Is it weird that the government is announcing/advertising the "armed protests in all 50 states"?

If you mean this: https://apnews.com/article/fbi-warns-armed-protests-next-week-ec75b26289166b4afd30c15b0dd2ded5

Then:

QuoteAn internal FBI bulletin warned, as of Sunday, that the nationwide protests may start later this week and extend through Biden's Jan. 20 inauguration, according to two law enforcement officials who read details of the memo to The Associated Press. Investigators believe some of the people are members of extremist groups, the officials said. The bulletin was first reported by ABC.

So to me its not the FBI doing this, its some "law enforcement officials" being jackasses and leaking internal memos.

It's like these particular police officials want to incite and promote this clown fiesta for some reason by casually and indirectly inviting everyone to prepare themselves for it.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

The actual uprising attempt will be next week, somewhere between the 18th and the 20th, from what I gather.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: The Johnny on January 12, 2021, 01:39:28 PM
Quote from: Bruno on January 12, 2021, 01:55:41 AM

If you mean this: https://apnews.com/article/fbi-warns-armed-protests-next-week-ec75b26289166b4afd30c15b0dd2ded5

Then:

QuoteAn internal FBI bulletin warned, as of Sunday, that the nationwide protests may start later this week and extend through Biden's Jan. 20 inauguration, according to two law enforcement officials who read details of the memo to The Associated Press. Investigators believe some of the people are members of extremist groups, the officials said. The bulletin was first reported by ABC.

So to me its not the FBI doing this, its some "law enforcement officials" being jackasses and leaking internal memos.

It's like these particular police officials want to incite and promote this clown fiesta for some reason by casually and indirectly inviting everyone to prepare themselves for it.

Yeah. At this point, I think I'm more concerned about Trump loyalists inside law enforcement and military than I am random yahoos.

Also, as far as I can tell, they're focusing on guarding government buildings. The media are likely going to be considered prime targets as well.
Formerly something else...

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 12, 2021, 04:18:30 PM
The actual uprising attempt will be next week, somewhere between the 18th and the 20th, from what I gather.

Is this planned bout of civil war on schedule?

Hard to see much but blood coming bidens way, regardless of his own choices. Go for the healing spiel, fuckwits continue. Go for punishment, big or small, fuckwits feel wronged and continue.

Add in guns and it's a lottery of which town gets "massacre" added to its name. To start.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Johnny

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 16, 2021, 01:34:39 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 12, 2021, 04:18:30 PM

Is this planned bout of civil war on schedule?

Hard to see much but blood coming bidens way, regardless of his own choices. Go for the healing spiel, fuckwits continue. Go for punishment, big or small, fuckwits feel wronged and continue.

Add in guns and it's a lottery of which town gets "massacre" added to its name. To start.

"Surely we should look for a middle-ground with the fascistic domestic terrorists! That should appease them! This strategy, after all, avoided World War II and prevented 84 million deaths!" said the Democratic party for the last decade.

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeasement)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Over half of the Republican Party voters think Trump did nothing wrong on the day, and his overall approval rating is still at 78% within the party.

So yeah, they're gonna appease them. Not the rioters themselves, of course, just the people who think insurrection is very cool and very legal, and that the Dems literally kill and eat babies.

Junkenstein

So barring a heart attack or being restricted from office, in 4 years mango Mao gets to play kingmaker?

Civil war may almost be preferable.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.