News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Boogs storm the capitol building

Started by Doktor Howl, January 06, 2021, 09:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Well, they're very quick to drop losers, which Trump undeniably also is. I mean, look how Bush Jr, McCain/Palin and Romney disappeared down the memory hole.

But also all of those, Palin aside, didn't throw red meat to the xenophobic and racist base in the way Trump has.

The Johnny

The problems with certain mobs, is that you can get rid of the leader, but their "attitude" persists and worsens... the Trump era is just about over, but what im worried about is who is going to replace him, whom everyone will swarm around.

Addendum: and who knows, he might still run for governor and win in some red state.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

ReverendJesus

Quote from: Cain on January 16, 2021, 07:30:51 PM
Well, they're very quick to drop losers, which Trump undeniably also is. I mean, look how Bush Jr, McCain/Palin and Romney disappeared down the memory hole.

But also all of those, Palin aside, didn't throw red meat to the xenophobic and racist base in the way Trump has.

Yeah, Palin appealed to them and threw out dog-whistles, but Trump just got a whistle 'cause he's too godsdamned stupid to spell "subtext."
~Rev. Jesus "H" Christ

HMGMA #D-1-10535-13
Episkopos, Flying Squirrels on Fire Cabal [FSoFCabal.com]
Ordained Minister, Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Minister, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Reverend, United Church of Bacon
Minister, Universal Life Church
Clergy, Spiritual Humanist Church
Reverend, Open Ministry
Legionnaire, SORPOEE
Legionnaire, Cabal of Cabbage(tm)
Member, Satanic Temple
Member, Secular Student Alliance
Citizen, Aerican Empire

Answer our survey for a chance* to win one free miracle of your choice!

Cain

So, this affidavit is interesting https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/u-s-v-thomas-edward-caldwell-donovan-ray-crowl-and-jessica-marie-watkins/d3e8cbfe-dad5-4286-91f6-6461638e1fc9/?tid=ss_tw

QuoteOn January 6, 2021, while at the Capitol, CALDWELL received the following Facebook message:
"All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in . Turn on gas".

When CALDWELL posted a Facebook message that read, "Inside," he received the following messages, among others:

"Tom take that bitch over";
"Tom all legislators are down in the Tunnels 3floors down";
"Do like we had to do when I was in the core start tearing oit florrs go from top to bottom";
and
"Go through back house chamber doors facing N left down hallway down steps."

That sounds like someone with inside knowledge giving directions to the Oath Keepers to me.

ReverendJesus

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2021, 10:43:47 AM
So, this affidavit is interesting https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/u-s-v-thomas-edward-caldwell-donovan-ray-crowl-and-jessica-marie-watkins/d3e8cbfe-dad5-4286-91f6-6461638e1fc9/?tid=ss_tw

QuoteOn January 6, 2021, while at the Capitol, CALDWELL received the following Facebook message:

When CALDWELL posted a Facebook message that read, "Inside," he received the following messages, among others:

"Do like we had to do when I was in the core start tearing oit florrs go from top to bottom";
and

That sounds like someone with inside knowledge giving directions to the Oath Keepers to me.

Holy fuck, that's terrifying.
~Rev. Jesus "H" Christ

HMGMA #D-1-10535-13
Episkopos, Flying Squirrels on Fire Cabal [FSoFCabal.com]
Ordained Minister, Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Minister, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Reverend, United Church of Bacon
Minister, Universal Life Church
Clergy, Spiritual Humanist Church
Reverend, Open Ministry
Legionnaire, SORPOEE
Legionnaire, Cabal of Cabbage(tm)
Member, Satanic Temple
Member, Secular Student Alliance
Citizen, Aerican Empire

Answer our survey for a chance* to win one free miracle of your choice!

LMNO

I'll say one thing: at least Discordians realize their ideology is made up.

https://apple.news/Aj1YdmZAJS5qJLGV93mHdag

The Wizard Joseph

and

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

and

"When I was in the core"?  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Galerson

At least no violence at the inauguration!

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

A question for Cain:

Given what we've been seeing, how compromised does it look like the US government is?

The three things I'm thinking of here --
The all but outright admission a couple years back that some GOP senators are believed /by their own party/ to be on a Russian payroll.
The boogs getting inside info while storming the Capitol.
The absolute stonewalling that Biden's transition team is getting, particularly from the Pentagon.

Beyond that, we also have some general worry that the militia movement and Q loonies have foreign money behind them.

I'm currently inclined to say that everyone not coming in with Biden is basically as good as confirmed to be in service to a state actor. I'm almost thinking that it might be worth putting out some sort of clemency program -- admit to taking Russian money to undermine the US, and you'll be given a quiet retirement package, train a replacement with the oversight of some intelligence folks, and the whole thing will be considered over, no prosecution. Then you root out any hardliners and smash them for not taking the out when they had it.  The reasoning being, basically, there's too many compromised people to smash them all without destroying the ability of the government to function long-term.

How paranoid is this?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

I have a friend who works in cybersecurity and gives trainings to alphabet soup agencies about emerging tech.

He once told me about how he was conducting a training in an FBI building, and was demonstrating how to link up wifi signals with physical devices... after matching up each wifi signal with each physical device, there was one Dell server left over which nobody could find.. turned out that it was a raspberry pi hidden inside a drop ceiling, disguising itself as a server. But it was actually just scraping network data. Very hard to find, you'd really have to be looking for this specific trick in order to locate it.

My buddy told me that the rule-of-thumb assumption is that 1 out of 100 people in a crowd is actually a foreign actor. Based on that, assume that several backpacks entered the capitol building for the purposes of espionage. They'll spend the next few months combing over the capitol building's networks with a fine tooth comb -- but right now, they assume the network is compromised.

altered

I was thinking HUMINT compromised, not so much SIGINT (because I know for an absolute /fact/ that is).
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Generally the idea in any kind of intelligence operation is to reduce it to as few key people as possible - the more involved, the greater the chance of a leak. So I doubt more than a handful of people would be involved knowingly with a foreign state actor.

I'd also like to think that Russian intelligence - if they were directing people - would have had better targets in mind than "Pelosi's laptop used for slideshows". In particular they would have targeted the House and Senate Intelligence, military and foreign affairs related computers first and foremost. Targets like Pelosi is pure American right psychosis and doesn't really serve any credible intelligence objective.

What's more worrying is whatever was going on with the Pentagon, National Guard command, the White House and Capitol Hill on the day, which seems to be entirely an internal affair and one I'm still struggling to make a cohesive picture out of. European intelligence agencies believe the National Guard would be used to lockdown the area - but not take on Trump supporters, who would be left free to roam and cause as much damage as possible. But Congress did ask for National Guard assistance, at one point during the day. So why did the Pentagon initially refuse in both cases, only mobilising well after the event? Perhaps even more pointedly, where were senior DC police officers? More than one report has a significant number of command figures essentially going AWOL on the day - no-one knew where they were or how to contact them. It's a very murky picture, but as far as I can tell it's an American one. The Russians mostly stand by the sides and fan the flames - being too overt will backfire on them and they know it.