News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Boogs storm the capitol building

Started by Doktor Howl, January 06, 2021, 09:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Oh, yeah, I'm mostly thinking in the military/police apparatus and in the right wing political sphere. Goals would be more along the lines of complete sabotage than intelligence acquisition; Russian goals right now seem to be to cause the US to implode, leaving Russia and China as the only world superpowers while America Balkanizes and devolves into in-fighting. Literally the 50s-60s NATO Cold War strategy, but flipped around to target the US.

And yeah, you increase the surface area and someone's going to end up evaporating off and blowing the whole op. My feeling was that these people are not working together, or even towards the same goals necessarily, probably with totally disconnected handlers, most of whom don't necessarily work for the Russian state per se (oligarchs, etc). The risks remain, but the damage someone flaking can cause is greatly reduced.

But I trust your judgement on the matter more than my own, and if you say it seems like an American problem, I can accept that.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Yeah, the outsourcing of certain parts of the Russian intelligence appartus does certainly complicate matters, when it comes to attribution. Especially since some of them have their own complicated relationship with the Russian state.

Cain

Also it turns out Mike Flynn's brother was the one who turned down the Capitol Police

altered

Jesus Christ.

This whole Jan 6th thing is looking more and more like actual planned insurrection.

I'm not a LAWNORDA type normally, but I kinda hope everyone involved goes the fuck down. Hard. Jailing all these major political figures for /literal attempted overthrow of the US/ will kind of fuck up their messaging, and maybe they'll have to pivot away from being the Nazi Party 2.0. Yes, yes, laugh all you want, I'm allowed to be optimistic once a month goddamnit.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

Say it out loud with an absurdly strong southern accent.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: altered on January 21, 2021, 06:49:36 PM

Oh no. I'm not falling for that one again. Last time I evoked half of the Lesser Key and had a dickens of a time sorting everything out on a bus without getting arrested or any untoward agreements being made.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

Since this is my default, I'm just confused as to why you momentarily stopped typing in that weird accent.
Formerly something else...

altered

Wheel, ah rek'n 'at's a-coss ah en't from dan sath. Ah'm wunna 'ehm NORTHUN fokes.

(side note, I haven't figured out a good way to type out the softened "th" so I just omitted it which means this is like, one of the BAD British accents meets Alabama and I apologize to both Alabama and Britain for this)

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 21, 2021, 07:27:11 PM

Oh no. I'm not falling for that one again. Last time I evoked half of the Lesser Key and had a dickens of a time sorting everything out on a bus without getting arrested or any untoward agreements being made.
You needn't worry about it causing any eldritch entanglements.

I mean, sure, you'll trigger every person of Chaotic alignment within earshot, and some of them might take a swing at you -- I clenched my teeth just reading it -- but you're not likely to summon anything from Outside.

Unless you mangle the pronunciation.

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on January 21, 2021, 07:58:35 PM
Wheel, ah rek'n 'at's a-coss ah en't from dan sath. Ah'm wunna 'ehm NORTHUN fokes.

(side note, I haven't figured out a good way to type out the softened "th" so I just omitted it which means this is like, one of the BAD British accents meets Alabama and I apologize to both Alabama and Britain for this)

So, Australian?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on January 21, 2021, 08:29:25 PM

I mean, sure, you'll trigger every person of Chaotic alignment within earshot, and some of them might take a swing at you -- I clenched my teeth just reading it -- but you're not likely to summon anything from Outside.

On the other hand, are you willing to risk your soul on a vowel point?
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 21, 2021, 08:49:02 PM

On the other hand, are you willing to risk your soul on a vowel point?

That's what I'm saying man.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

Quote from: altered on January 21, 2021, 07:58:35 PM

I'm not quite that far south. Tennessee, which is a little less Foghorn Leghorn. If you ever wanted to hear my specific dialect, just listen to Scott Baio's wife. I went to elementary school with her.

Also, "Zombie Farmer" on youtube. Those guys are everywhere around here, and they all drive the biggest white truck they can get their hands on.
Formerly something else...

altered

I am glad to know that I have maintained the use of Power Word Pain despite being years out of practice.