News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

The Day Before The Day (Hey, Louie)

Started by Doktor Howl, January 19, 2021, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Louie,

Well, by my watch, it is 22 hours and 43 minutes until the inauguration.  This makes me feel good, because Trump is leaving, but I am also filled with apprehension because of what the boogs might get up to.  They've already had to removed 2 national guardsmen from the guard for militia ties, and they've arrested over 125 people from the opening act of the insurrection. 

In the meantime, I keep hearing MAGA freaks scorning Biden's promise of "unity".  I'm not happy about that myself.  I don't want to unify with traitors and insurrectionists.  I'd rather just unify with the people that are still SANE and (somewhat) NORMAL.  As for the boogs and the guys walking around in confederate and/or Nazi gear, it would be more proper to reunite them with bricks.   

What really gets me, though, is those on the LEFT that want to "unite," that want "compromise".  We saw the compromise we got when they were in power (Merrick Garland, anyone?) even BEFORE Trump.  Anyone who wants to HEAL and UNITE and COMPROMISE with these freaks is free to do so.  But remember that old German joke about the guy sitting at a table with 5 Nazis.  You get 6 Nazis, as far as the rest of the country is concerned.

These are times that do not call for compromise. 

Or power-sharing, which is - and make no mistake about this - what the right thinks of when they hear anything like "compromise" or "healing" or "unity."

No, this are times that call for scaring the roaches back under the refrigerator.   

Now, I will maintain that we owe these traitors nothing at all, but in the sake of "reaching across the aisle," I saw we give them our GRINS.  And none of this half-hearted stuff, either.  I meant the kind of GRIN that makes their poop want to run away without them, and causes uninvolved people to scoot to the other side of the bus.

They though this was their time.  They were, as always, wrong.

This is OUR time.

Yours in the burning of the whole mess,
Hamish
Molon Lube

hooplala

It got so bad we have MAGA freaks north of the border now. Can I mail them back to you, please?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on January 19, 2021, 07:11:28 PM
It got so bad we have MAGA freaks north of the border now. Can I mail them back to you, please?

No tapbacks.
Molon Lube

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Galerson

I greatly hope there's no crazy violence come inauguration.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Galerson on January 19, 2021, 08:55:05 PM

Well, we'll see in about 19 hours.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 19, 2021, 09:49:55 PM
Quote from: Galerson on January 19, 2021, 08:55:05 PM

Well, we'll see in about 19 hours.

Yep.

My stress is touching the fucking sealing. Mr. Suu is not home, so it's me, the cat, chain locks on the doors, and the 12 gauge tomorrow. I don't fucking trust anybody after the MAGAs were rolling into off-base military housing in FL before the election.

Sure, they rolled right the fuck back out when Navy Police came in, but they had to be called.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

ReverendJesus

~Rev. Jesus "H" Christ

HMGMA #D-1-10535-13
Episkopos, Flying Squirrels on Fire Cabal [FSoFCabal.com]
Ordained Minister, Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Minister, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Reverend, United Church of Bacon
Minister, Universal Life Church
Clergy, Spiritual Humanist Church
Reverend, Open Ministry
Legionnaire, SORPOEE
Legionnaire, Cabal of Cabbage(tm)
Member, Satanic Temple
Member, Secular Student Alliance
Citizen, Aerican Empire

Answer our survey for a chance* to win one free miracle of your choice!

Suu

DON'T YOU DARE SLANDER RADAR AND THE DEATH OF HENRY LIKE THAT. EVER.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

The Anuguration is in, like, 30 minutes -- so I know I'm too late to predict anything

But I don't think the boogs are gonna be a threat today. I think the gross majority of the Stop the Steal crowd are aging boomers and deluded dupes who will hold a gun symbolically but aren't gonna take any initiative. Hell, look at the capitol riot - the majority got inside and then didn't know what the fuck to do. There was no plan.

Weirdly, the QAnon conspiracy almost seems to suppress action. QQ cultists are expecting that the real government is gonna arrest the "deep state". They don't have to do anything because the good guys are actually in power already.

looking back on the last few weeks of political drama -- it reminds me of the Sovereign Citizens movement, who think that these symbolic and ceremonial actions (like gold tassles on a flag, or stating your sovereignty) are where the power resides. As if Pence had any authority to read a name that's not written on the card he was handed. If it could happen to Steve Harvey, it could happen to America, right?

Galerson

We know now no violence at the capitol. Great!

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Galerson on January 21, 2021, 05:03:21 AM
We know now no violence at the capitol. Great!

*squints*
This one seems... Off guys. Are you a government plant or did They outsource another bot farm to take jobs from real life spooks?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: Cramulus on January 20, 2021, 04:42:45 PM
The Anuguration is in, like, 30 minutes -- so I know I'm too late to predict anything

But I don't think the boogs are gonna be a threat today. I think the gross majority of the Stop the Steal crowd are aging boomers and deluded dupes who will hold a gun symbolically but aren't gonna take any initiative. Hell, look at the capitol riot - the majority got inside and then didn't know what the fuck to do. There was no plan.

Weirdly, the QAnon conspiracy almost seems to suppress action. QQ cultists are expecting that the real government is gonna arrest the "deep state". They don't have to do anything because the good guys are actually in power already.

looking back on the last few weeks of political drama -- it reminds me of the Sovereign Citizens movement, who think that these symbolic and ceremonial actions (like gold tassles on a flag, or stating your sovereignty) are where the power resides. As if Pence had any authority to read a name that's not written on the card he was handed. If it could happen to Steve Harvey, it could happen to America, right?

In retrospect it does seem like Q might have been a plan to keep dupes docile. "Trust the plan" is a very passive action to encourage over and over.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman