News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Biden thread (for good or for ill)

Started by Doktor Howl, January 22, 2021, 08:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

I'll start:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-jen-psaki-national-security-terrorism-8ac769920a5a945ed1ccaf44d0906d99

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden has directed his intelligence community to study the threat of domestic extremism in the United States, an undertaking being launched weeks after a violent mob loyal to Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol.

The disclosure Friday by White House press secretary Jen Psaki is a stark acknowledgment of the national security threat that officials see as posed by American extremists motivated to violence by extremist ideology. The involvement of the director of national intelligence, an office created after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to prevent international terrorism, suggests that American authorities are examining how to pivot to a more concerted focus on violence from radical extremists at home.

More at link.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-biden-cabinet-lloyd-austin-john-cornyn-army-4d8848273e4e1fe6e4ad2dc8cee7313c

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — Lloyd J. Austin, a West Point graduate who rose to the Army's elite ranks and marched through racial barriers in a 41-year career, won Senate confirmation Friday to become the nation's first Black secretary of defense.

The 93-2 vote gave President Joe Biden his second Cabinet member; Avril Haines was confirmed on Wednesday as the first woman to serve as director of national intelligence. Biden is expected to win approval for others on his national security team in coming days, including Antony Blinken as secretary of state.

Biden is looking for Austin to restore stability atop the Pentagon, which went through two Senate-confirmed secretaries of defense and four who held the post on an interim basis during the Trump administration. The only senators who voted against Austin were Republicans Mike Lee of Utah and Josh Hawley of Missouri.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 22, 2021, 08:15:11 PM
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-biden-cabinet-lloyd-austin-john-cornyn-army-4d8848273e4e1fe6e4ad2dc8cee7313c

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — Lloyd J. Austin, a West Point graduate who rose to the Army's elite ranks and marched through racial barriers in a 41-year career, won Senate confirmation Friday to become the nation's first Black secretary of defense.

The 93-2 vote gave President Joe Biden his second Cabinet member; Avril Haines was confirmed on Wednesday as the first woman to serve as director of national intelligence. Biden is expected to win approval for others on his national security team in coming days, including Antony Blinken as secretary of state.

Biden is looking for Austin to restore stability atop the Pentagon, which went through two Senate-confirmed secretaries of defense and four who held the post on an interim basis during the Trump administration. The only senators who voted against Austin were Republicans Mike Lee of Utah and Josh Hawley of Missouri.

We need to have words with Hawley.

Out back.

In the woodshed.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on January 23, 2021, 10:13:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 22, 2021, 08:15:11 PM

We need to have words with Hawley.

Out back.

In the woodshed.

With a leiomano.
Molon Lube

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

altered

Why use a perfectly good leiomano when you can simply give him a basket of hungry, bored ferrets?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Suu on January 23, 2021, 10:49:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 23, 2021, 10:19:28 PM

With a leiomano.

I had to look that up.
That...that's kinky.

I too needed to look it up. There has to be a way to work these into a murder mystery or some sort of magical quest, maybe both. I am kinda impressed with how horrible and MESSY it might be to get beaten/shredded to death by one.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

So basically, someone took slapping someone with a fish and optimized it. Neat.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on January 24, 2021, 05:57:27 AM

The Hawaiians have always been serious about having a good time.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 24, 2021, 07:34:26 AM
Quote from: Bruno on January 24, 2021, 05:57:27 AM

The Hawaiians have always been serious about having a good time.

And doing it in style.
Formerly something else...

LMNO

Cain

On the plus side, Biden is driving the British right absolutely around the bend in a way Obama never managed. Whether it's because of his Irish roots, or his support for transgender people, it's driving both the English nationalist Tories and the "feminist" TERFs absolutely mental.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 25, 2021, 01:30:48 PM

I'm also keeping an eye on the whole "kids are still in cages at the border" thing.

You are?  Notice anything?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2021, 02:05:17 PM
On the plus side, Biden is driving the British right absolutely around the bend in a way Obama never managed. Whether it's because of his Irish roots, or his support for transgender people, it's driving both the English nationalist Tories and the "feminist" TERFs absolutely mental.

Well, there's at least that.
Molon Lube

LMNO