News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

ANNNNND the boat is stuck again!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 15, 2021, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

:lulz:

https://apnews.com/article/egypt-coronavirus-pandemic-suez-canal-189a9115b7c31cb1dbad5febfb778fa6

QuoteCAIRO (AP) — Egyptian authorities impounded a massive cargo vessel that blocked the Suez Canal last month amid a financial dispute with its owner, the canal chief and a judicial official said Tuesday.

Lt. Gen. Osama Rabie said the hulking Ever Given would not be allowed to leave the country until a compensation amount is settled on with the vessel's Japanese owner, Shoei Kisen Kaisha Ltd.

"The vessel is now officially impounded," he told Egypt's state-run television late Monday. "They do not want to pay anything."

There was no immediate comment from the vessel's owner.
Molon Lube

Faust

Impounding a super tanker over billions in losses is awesome. I wonder will they auction it off like the debtors auctions?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 15, 2021, 08:01:20 PM
Impounding a super tanker over billions in losses is awesome. I wonder will they auction it off like the debtors auctions?

Given that a supertanker costs $18 Mn and the fines are $900 Mn, I think Evergreen will just write it off.
Molon Lube