News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Everyday Religious Experiences

Started by Lord Batwing Candlewaxxe, April 30, 2021, 03:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Batwing Candlewaxxe

Not talking about the big dramatic brain-overload things that like people describe getting at church, or in a magick ceremony, or on the really good drugs.  Just the simple, small, hints-at-transcendence experience one can have just randomly at any time.  The usual things like walking alone in the woods on a warm summer day, spending quiet time with a loved one, or finally getting that really tricky yoga position (you know the one) just perfect and the release after.

One of mine is the first time I heard the recording of the Grateful Dead's "China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider" from Winterland 1974-10-17.  That transition in the middle just does it for me every time.
"You know those days when things keep getting worse faster than you can lower your standards?" - Carrie Fisher

Perhaps the damned horse can fly.

Cramulus

there is a gnostic meditation exercise (the gurdjieff "sensing" exercise, sometimes called 'the morning sitting') which opens my pineal gland RIGHT up

Doktor Howl

When the sky grows dark with angry Aztec gods and obsidian snakes head North out of Sonora and we gotta put the blood of boogaloo boys over our door lintels to get passed over and the ghost of John Dillinger isn't giving out autographs and

The cult of the Black Madonna is out shanking gallegos and lawyers are shoving fiendish contracts under your door because IT'S DUE and the equestrian statue of Father Kino gets off its plinth and starts trampling people and

and and and the X-day saucers finally arrive.  If you've gotten right with "Bob", you get a seat.  If not, you go to normal (boring) hell.
Molon Lube