News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

The Happy Prince (Hey, Louie)

Started by Doktor Howl, May 24, 2021, 03:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAudience

Just went back to read your "A Letter to the morally pure" since that is what you were referencing. https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,38847.msg1435214.html#msg1435214

I think a lot of that is what goes on in the back of my head, one of the reasons I've almost entirely lurked online for the last decade and rarely, if ever, speak up. It seems like a lot of damned if you do damned if you don't loop. Over the last year I've started to entertain the idea of abandoning the concepts of salvation and the possibility that I could be a good person. I've made less progress in this than I'd like.
registered to see the fatberg.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: TheAudience on May 25, 2021, 01:41:41 AM
Just went back to read your "A Letter to the morally pure" since that is what you were referencing. https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,38847.msg1435214.html#msg1435214

I think a lot of that is what goes on in the back of my head, one of the reasons I've almost entirely lurked online for the last decade and rarely, if ever, speak up. It seems like a lot of damned if you do damned if you don't loop. Over the last year I've started to entertain the idea of abandoning the concepts of salvation and the possibility that I could be a good person. I've made less progress in this than I'd like.

good is dumb.
Molon Lube

altered

I have some stuff I've been meaning to say on this (and the previous Hey Louie), but I've been having a REALLY FUCKIN BAD TIME and right now I'm drunk and about two days behind catching up on the forum, so I don't want to stick my ass all over things just yet.

Just have the urge to point out that if it weren't for organizations like Faust and Howl are talking about, I wouldn't be homeless as long as I have, so I would like to sign on to this whole Hey Louie, if that's a fucking thing (and if it isn't, Dok, I'll leave the white-out at the end of the post).

Parasitic "activist" organizations are so effective at destroying actual action that if I didn't know better, I'd say they were The Machine fighting back. But I'm not that deluded yet.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on May 25, 2021, 05:20:39 AM
I have some stuff I've been meaning to say on this (and the previous Hey Louie), but I've been having a REALLY FUCKIN BAD TIME and right now I'm drunk and about two days behind catching up on the forum, so I don't want to stick my ass all over things just yet.

Just have the urge to point out that if it weren't for organizations like Faust and Howl are talking about, I wouldn't be homeless as long as I have, so I would like to sign on to this whole Hey Louie, if that's a fucking thing (and if it isn't, Dok, I'll leave the white-out at the end of the post).

Parasitic "activist" organizations are so effective at destroying actual action that if I didn't know better, I'd say they were The Machine fighting back. But I'm not that deluded yet.

Hey Louie is generic.  It's just to bitch about things in the form of a letter.
Molon Lube